With two little boys, I’m often wearing minimal makeup during the daytime. We like to play outside, run laps in the house, and my 1 year old specifically likes to crawl on me! So, a full face of makeup just doesn’t make sense for me on the daily!
BUT, if I have something planned after a day with the boys, there are 7 simple steps I take to kick up my face a notch and feel fresh without starting from scratch. I ordered a few new things from Sephora for this step by step and as much as I love wandering the physical store, their website is just as enticing! I always click through the New Arrivals and Best Sellers sections.
I wore false lashes in a recent tutorial, but I wanted to try individuals again for this look. The Sephora individual lashes that I use in step 6 are really easy to use and don’t feel heavy on your eyelid at all! I much prefer using them to a typical full length false lash.
So, here is what a typical “day hanging with the boys” looks like for me:
- Dust on a translucent setting powder to cut shine and dullness from the day.
2. Add a bit of contour under the cheekbones, along the jawbone, and along your hairline. This adds nice depth to your face!
3. Pick a punchy blush color!
4. Highlighter goes a long way in livening up your face at the end of a long day too. Focus on your cheeks and down the center of your face.
5. Add a slightly darker shadow to your crease, and run that same color along your lower lash line. And leave it at that! Layering mascara on top of older mascara is always a mess, but we’ll take care of a quick eye-opening change in the next step.
6. Add individual falsies to the outer corners of your lashes. Since you would be adding these to lashes that already have mascara, I like to apply a thin swipe of mascara to the lash so in blends well. These are so cheap it’s worth making the lashes look seamless versus saving them for another use.
7. You can’t go wrong with a bright pink lipstick! It pairs well with a minimal eye look!
You could totally rock a high messy bun and look put together now that your makeup is refreshed, but don’t be afraid to let you hair down (add a little dry shampoo) and wear it in soft waves! Oh and change into something more than a slouchy white t-shirt 😉
full list of products worn and used in step by step: (on my face to start with) Estee Lauder DoubleWear BB Cream, Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour blush in Glisten, Hourglass Arch Eyebrow pencil in Platinum Blonde, Benefit Roller Lash Mascara, Sephora Oil Infusion Color & Care in Pink Granita ; Make Up For Ever HD Pressed Powder, Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour blush in Flush, Hourglass Strobe Lighting Powder in Incandescent, Naked2 Basics (used Frisk), Sephora individual false lashes, Sephora Rouge Cream in R54
this post was created in partnership with sephora via rewardstyle