Beauty Chat with Grace of Stripes and Sequins
August Beauty Favorites
I can’t even remember how I came across Grace’s blog in the first place. Doesn’t that always seem to happen? Maybe it was a pinterest pin, or some other rabbit trail, but either way I’m glad I found her!
Grace lives in NYC, works at Bauble Bar, and writes her lifestyle/fashion/DIY blog. I love how classic and simple her outfits are. It never seems like she’s trying too hard to follow a trend.
1. What is the most loved item in your makeup bag?
My NARS Red Square Lip Pencil. It’s my favorite lip color in the world. I have one in my purse, one at my desk, and one at home. I can’t be without it!
2. If you found a $50 gift card to Sephora on the street, what would you buy?
Truthfully, I’d probably give it to my sister. I am lucky in that I get spoiled with so many beauty products for review on Stripes & Sequins. . . and I know she’d be so excited to use it. If I didn’t give it to her, I’d probably buy more Red Square or a pretty pink nail polish
3. What is your go-to hairstyle?
Down + wavy, though I’ve been playing around with the crown braid!
4. What is your biggest hair regret?
Bangs in high school. It was a frizz-aster.
5. What beauty trend would you like to see die?
Nail art. I’m over it.
6. What is one makeup trick you’d like to master?
Liquid liner! I’m such a dunce with makeup, as silly as it sounds. I also really want to learn how to apply false lashes. I usually get lash extensions, but I’d love to be able to do it myself!
7. Do you prefer drugstore or high end makeup products?
I use mostly high end simply because it’s hard to find drugstore products that are paraben and sulfate free.
8. What do you never leave the house without?
Red lipstick, chapstick, a hair tie, and perfume. My favorite perfume is Le Labo Santal 33.
9. What is your favorite skin care product?
Hands down. . .Tata Harper’s resurfacing mask!
10. Is there a hair technique you’d like to master?
Dutch braiding. I know how to do it, but I’m not great at it.
Grace, may I suggest this tutorial? 🙂
Thanks for the interview. Between you and Cara from MaskCara, my “must-try” list of face masks is growing rapidly!