My “my skin feels like junk” evening routine

You know those days that for some reason your skin just doesn’t feel right? On this particular day I had gotten up early and applied my usual makeup, went to the salon to have my hair done, rushed home to freshen up, then went out for the afternoon and evening. By 7:45p, I wanted nothing more than to scrub my face clean of my makeup and let my skin rest.

I chose 3 masks from my linen closet and applied them on the following order, and only on particular areas of my face.

First up, I applied First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Intensive Peel to my chin, around my nose, and onto the inner parts of my cheeks, near my nose. This helped clear out any junk, absorbed some oil, and generally left those parts of my face “scrubbed clean” feeling. I don’t apply this anywhere that I don’t need it, which is basically anywhere my skin is already clear.

I rinsed my face well, pat it dry, and then applied fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask all over my skin. This feels so good on my skin, and it isn’t too heavy for those of you with oily skin. It looks strange, so consider yourself warned! There are tiny particles or oranges and other citrus fruits in the mask, which I think it so fun, but my husband definitely did a double take when I had it on the other night.

After about 10 minutes, I rinsed that off with warm water, and pat my face to dry.

Finally, after a few minutes to let my skin rest, I applied my beloved fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask* all over my face. I only applied a thin layer and actually left it on through the night. I know they make an overnight mask specifically for this purpose, but it works well to do it this way.

The next morning my skin felt amazingly soft and completely cleaned up.

*this mask was sent to me as a gift from fresh, with no strings attached. It’s very expensive and if that is out of your budget, I’d look into the Clinique Even Better Brightening Moisture Mask for another option that delivers great results!

For more about my favorite masks, check out how I multi-mask and my my favorite products for dry skin.

In this post:

1. Posted April 3, 2017

I really want to try Fresh’s products! I don’t know, maybe it’s just the packaging, but it reminds me of Khiels which I also love.

2. Posted April 3, 2017

I’d love to try the Vitamin Nectar mask as a splurge treatment!

Blush & Pearls by Angela

3. Rhi says
    Posted April 3, 2017

I feel like I need to do all these steps right now! I’m feeling very oily. Thanks for the recommendations xx

4. Kim says
    Posted April 3, 2017

Face masks are my jam haha. I’m not a multiple masker but I’m thinking I need to be!

Kim

http://trendkeeper.me .. DUMBO!

5. Posted April 3, 2017

Not sur why, but my skin always looks bad after a trip to the hairdresser; it sounds silly but sometimes I wonder if the chemicals of the hair products can have an impact on my skin! Despite the weird look, the Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask sounds really good!

6. Laura says
    Posted April 4, 2017

I flipping LOVE face masks. I haven’t tried any of these so I will be adding them to my list!

xx Laura

7. Posted April 4, 2017

Have you tried the Maskcara Milk moisturizer? I would love your thoughts on it.

8. Posted April 6, 2017

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Intensive Peel one is very good, love it.

9. Ela says
    Posted April 6, 2017

I can relate to this feeling, it is one of the days I tend to get a lot during the seasons changes. I usually apply 2 masks max depending on my skin’s needs, I always thought I shouldn’t apply more as it might be bad for my skin 🙂

Ela BellaWorld

10. Holland Millham says
    Posted April 12, 2017

I’m a total nut for Fresh skincare! My obsession started a few years ago with their SPF Lip Treatment in Honey and I quickly fell in love with the Soy Cleanser, Umbrian Clay Scrub, and Lotus Face Cream. Every once in a while I’ll throw one of their masks into my weekly routine and I always feel refreshed! I’ve been a satisfied patron for over 3 years now and recommend their products to anyone looking to start a new maintenance routine.

11. Mel says
    Posted April 16, 2017

I’ve been meaning to try Clinique…I have heard amazing things…

Mel | http://www.thegossipdarling.com