All about Lashes + Liner Makeup Demo

I love the look of a cat-eye created with soft eyeliner or eyeshadow, like this! After seeing a few photos I played around with my eye makeup routine and went with an exaggerated cat-eye to change it up a bit. I also skipped out on lower lashline eyeliner to make the focus on the lashes and liner on my upper lid.

This isn’t a dramatic shift from eye makeup I’ve done in the past, but after receiving a few questions I thought I would film a quick eyeliner focused tutorial for this look!

If you want to see a full face of makeup application, click here! Otherwise, you can see how I create the eye look below.

My must-have tools:

Charlotte Tilbury Rock N/ Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in bedroom black– I swear this is the best for smudging without losing the impact of the product. It’s a very rich and pigmented black that adds a lot of intensity to the eye.

Sephora PRO Smudge Brush – I cannot do my eyeliner without this brush!

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer – A brightening concealer that covers the darkest under-eye circles.

Sephora PRO Precision Concealer Brush – I don’t like using a concealer brush for under my eyes these days, but I do like it for cleaning up around my eyebrows, near my eyeliner or blemishes.

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara – one of my favorite “clean finish” mascaras for lots of length and definition!

I used this eyeshadow palette that I made myself! My lipstick is Hot Lips “Liv it Up” by Charlotte Tilbury.

1. Posted October 10, 2019

Love the eyeliner! A nice cat-wing always looks good! 🙂

2. Sherry says
    Posted October 10, 2019

Lash envy over here…….looks great Kate !

3. Danielle Desnoyers says
    Posted October 10, 2019

What brand of mascara are you using? You mentioned that you made your own eyeshadow palette. I wish I could make my own eyeshadow palette. I like matte eyeshadow. Like I like matte gray/blue etc. I like matte pink and matte white. I have been using Quo matte in the Vanilla shade and really like it. I used to use Lancome matte white in the shade daylight.

4. Posted October 10, 2019

Great tutorial. Thank you for sharing the products used btw!

5. Helen D says
    Posted October 10, 2019

Love a cat-eye! I’ve never tried doing one using both a pencil and a liquid. I’ll have to give it a try.
    BTW, I noticed you said “cray-on” and not “cran” there😉

6. Kelly says
    Posted October 10, 2019

Lashes are great! What did you use on your lashes?? Thanks Kate!

7. Angela says
    Posted October 11, 2019

This mascara looks great on you! I never seem to have any luck with the Benefit mascaras on me – I find them so “wet” and hard to work with.

Angela at Blush & Pearls

8. Heather says
    Posted October 12, 2019

I Iove your videos and tips. Your nail color is so pretty. Do you remember the name of it?