The perfect gift for mom
My mom can be hard to shop for. I always want to get her something that she’ll really love and actually use. Practical but still fun, you know?
I know what she likes, and I know what kind of gifts she likes to receive, but for some reason I come up empty with ideas when it comes to Christmas or her birthday.
Whenever I’m struggling with what to get someone, I think about what I may like to receive. And I’ve been looking for a good book for months now. I’ve entered a season of quiet, before the baby comes, and now is as good as a time as ever to start a good book.
So I thought through my personal recommendations. The books I think everyone should read. And came up with a little list that could be perfect for my mom, or your mom if you happen to be in need of a gift idea for her.
1. While I haven’t read Who Loves You Best, by Tess Stimson, I’ve heard great things about it. It’s a story about motherhood and the joys, as well as challenges, that go along with it. I look forward to reading this book soon!
2. Homer’s Oddessy is a memoir written by Gwen Cooper about her blind cat. It is absolutely heart-warming. I found myself thinking about the book while I read it, and I nearly couldn’t put it down. It’s a perfect book for anyone in your life that has a soft spot for animals.
3. The Kite Runner, by Kahled Hosseini, became a favorite of mine right away. I read it years ago and loved discovering the relationship between two unlikely friends. It’s both wonderfully written and easy to get wrapped up in.
4. Same Kind of Different As Me, by Ron Hall and Denver Moore, completely changed the way I thought about those that may be homeless or poor. It’s a fascinating true story about how one man impacted the lives of Ron Hall and his wife, which inevitably impacted so many others.
5. The Memory Keepers Daughter, by Kim Edwards, was an emotional read. There were parts that were difficult to get through, and it’s a book that really makes you think. Consider giving this book with a pack of tissues to go along with it.
If you are an avid reader, you will truly appreciate the functionality and ease of having all your favorite books on a Kindle.
The Kindle Paperwhite is a perfect gift for mom because she can carry over 1,000 titles around with her at a fraction of the weight of carrying a few paperback books. My mom travels a lot, and with her first grandchild on the way, I know she’ll be spending many hours sitting at airport terminals waiting for her flights. Instead of draining her smart phone battery, having a dedicated device to house her books is perfect for her.
The Kindle Paperwhite has a few new features, like a 25% faster processor, and an easier to use “page flip” feature. It’s also lighter, and has better lighting so you can read in a variety of places.
So instead of just getting your mom a book or two, consider the Kindle Paperwhite. It’s something that I’m sure she’ll love for years to come.
Would you like a chance to win a $100 gift card to Amazon.com? Tell me why the Amazon Kindle would be the perfect gift for someone in your life this holiday season! And make sure to leave your e-mail address in the comment as well!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/22/13 – 12/22/13.
Be sure to visit the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite’s page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!