Pretty Perfumes

I’m not a daily perfume user, but I’m trying to be. I have too many lovely smelling perfumes sitting around to not spray one on every day!

I typically stay away from strong floral scents as they tend to give me a headache but a few of these certainly have floral elements in them!

One. Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia. My friend Allyson heavily influenced this purchase. She was at the store looking to buy it for herself. I smelled it and suddenly we were both standing in line each with a bottle of it in our hands. It’s light, perhaps the most feminine of the bunch photographed above and I just feel sophisticated when I wear it. The key notes are red berries, pear and white gardenia with the gardenia note being the strongest.

Two. Escada Miami Blossom Rollerball. This screams summer to me for some reason. It has notes of watermelon, pineapple and some floral notes like tuberose and jasmine. It’s the fruitiest of the bunch I have pictured and a tiny bit goes a LONG way.

Three. Fresh Sake. This is the most masculine of the bunch and I bought it because I loved the smell of the Sake candle by the same brand so very much. It has notes of grapefruit, ginger, lily of the valley and musk. It smells dimensional, if that makes sense. If you dislike a typical feminine perfume, you’ll love this one.

Four. LaVanilla Vanilla Grapefruit. This perfume is very light, is rich with the aroma of vanilla (my favorite) and is the lowest price of the bunch in the photograph. It’s easy to wear, doesn’t really have a strong floral element and feels fresh and youthful.

I can’t talk about perfume without sharing my one singular piece of advice for your wedding day: Choose a NEW fragrance to wear on that day, wear it for a few weeks after the wedding, then set it aside. Essentially you are tying the memories with that scent and when you smell it you’ll be brought right back to that special day.

p.s. Speaking of weddings, find four easy wedding hair ideas here!

In this post:

1. Melissa says
    Posted May 7, 2019

Fresh Sake sounds like it’s right up my alley. I will have to go check it out! I dislike especially floral perfumes too. I like my scents to either have warmth to them or freshness to them. Current favorites are YSL Black Opium, Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue, and Jo Malone Cucumber and Bergamot. I know Jo Malone is super trendy but most of their scents are not my thing. Bergamot, though? I’m obsessed with it. The moment I knew it existed I had to have it so I could smell like a cup of Earl Grey tea. LOL I have a very small spray bottle of it and it will last forever because it takes only one spritz that I spray in the air and walk through.

• Ali says
      Posted May 8, 2019

I love YSL Black Opium! Bought a bottle for my wedding day as my first perfume.

2. Jane says
    Posted May 7, 2019

Gorgeous Gardenia has been a long time favorite of mine. I’ve heard it is being discontinued 😭 I’ll have to try the other ones you’ve listed…they sound great 😊

3. Sam says
    Posted May 7, 2019

I love the LaVanilla Vanilla Grapefruit! It’s so wearable!!

4. Posted May 7, 2019

I’m a rather stingy person, so I’ve never actually bought a bottle of perfume, haha. But these sound so nice! Flora sounds like something I’d love… might have to go and try it out for myself! 🙂

• Gina Thompson says
      Posted May 7, 2019

Free samples at Sephora all day long!

5. Angela says
    Posted May 7, 2019

I’m with you – floral scents make me gag! I do love Gucci Flora as well as scents from Nina Ricci and Chance by Chanel and I can’t resist gorgeous perfume bottles either!

Angela at Blush & Pearls

6. Karen Ward says
    Posted May 7, 2019

I adore Loveswept by Philosophy. This is what Google says the notes are:

In top notes of the composition Philosophy Loveswept the perfumer plays with luminosity of bergamot and citruses that with glittering drops light upon floral notes of pink jasmine and lotus in the heart, sweetened with pink passion fruit. The base is cuddled with sensual musk and warm amber.

Posted May 7, 2019

sounds lovely!

7. Kate says
    Posted May 7, 2019

Oooo all those scents look lovely. I have never splurged on a perfume before but it sounds like something I should start doing! I always usually buy the sweet smelling ones from Bath and Body works lol. Hope you are having a great day, thanks for sharing!!

-Kate

8. Jessica says
    Posted May 7, 2019

I agree about a special scent for your wedding day. Just don’t keep the same bottle and expect it to smell the same on your 15th anniversary. I learned this the hard way. 😄

9. Tina says
    Posted May 8, 2019

That’s exactly what I did, get a new perfume for my wedding day and this trick worked so well!

10. Sarah O says
    Posted May 8, 2019

I’m not a daily perfume wearer either but maybe next time I’ll check some of these out. I like saving it for date night. I hate when people smell really strong. Once I went shopping at Kroger and someone’s perfume was so strong I could smell it on myself when I left. Not cool!