A few makeup favorites

I wanted to round up some of the makeup products I’ve been using for the past several weeks and share a few notes about each of them! I like creating these resources if you’re looking for something new to add to your beauty routine!

First, I always start with these 3 products!

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in 4.5 – I would describe this as a medium coverage foundation that could build up to full coverage. It feels fantastic on my skin, blends SEAMLESSLY, and I love that you can see through it a bit so it’s not too much for a casual makeup day. There are a wide range of shades available, so I initially ordered 3 shades online, tried them on at home, and returned the two that didn’t match.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – A seriously awesome eyeshadow primer that makes sure your eyeshadow or liner will. not. budge. It’s intense, and I find it works best if I dust a little bit of powder over top of the primer to take away some of the sticking power.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – Delivers volume and fullness while still feeling very soft. It can sometimes be a little on the clumpy side, but that’s why I love using this tool to comb through my lashes after applying.

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara – A long time favorite, and always the first mascara I apply to my lashes to help hold the little curl I’m able to achieve with a lash curler.

Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Peche – A favorite for spring and I’m sure I’ll wear it all summer as well. Loved the brightness of it, and it feels great on the lips!

Too Faced Natural Eyes Eyeshadow Palette – They discontinued the original version of this palette and launched a new one that looks even prettier!

Tarte Shape Tape Concealer – Initially I didn’t like this concealer but I’ve tried it a few more times and it’s growing on me. A little goes a LONG way!

Benefit The Blush Bunch Bronzer & Blush Set (Gold Rush, Dandelion (?) and Hoola)

Marc Jacobs Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner – This is the perfect soft liner for my lash line because it doesn’t take away any visual length from my lashes. It adds the right amount of depth without being too strong or heavy. I like to apply it and then use a short blending brush to soften the line.

Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe – I couldn’t live without this brow powder. I don’t use any wax, just the powder itself! It looks so natural and matches my brows really well.

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe – This tiny pencil is great for adding extra definition to my brows, after I apply the powder. Perfect for filling in sparse areas too!

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder – I always set my under eye concealer with this powder. It’s translucent but somehow brightens my under eye area and keeps my concealer from creasing!

p.s. check out this cute green utility jacket!

SaveSave

1. Posted April 6, 2018

I love the utility jacket you linked! ❤️ I also feel like I’ve got to try more of Benefit’s products after seeing your recommendations now. I love their brow stuff but have never branched out to anything beyond that! 🙂

2. Tate says
    Posted April 6, 2018

The new Natural Eyes palette by Too Faced is really good! As someone who almost always wears the same neutral eye looks, I could have just this one palette and be more than happy. And it smells really good too!

3. Allie says
    Posted April 6, 2018

I love the Anastasia brow products too – they just perform the best. My favorite lineup is the brow wiz, brow gel and Glossier boy brow to thicken the middle of my brows. xAllie http://www.tgeallthatglittersblog.com

4. leza says
    Posted April 6, 2018

This lip color is gorgeous!! Going to look for it now. Really brightens the face without wearing an all out red!!
    I’ve been using invisible powder from Mercier..on your recomendation i will def try the secret brightening
    Thx!!

5. Erinn says
    Posted April 6, 2018

Thanks for your recommendations! I’ve been on the lookout for a good eyeshadow palette…I think I’m ready to finally branch out of my comfort zone finally!
    I use a cream eyeshadow at the moment and it could not be easier to use, it’s just all one color 😉

6. Kristin says
    Posted April 6, 2018

What color shade on your in the Tarte Shape Tape?
    Thanks!

• Darcie says
      Posted April 6, 2018

I’d like to know what color you use in the Shape Tape too please!

7. Shareen says
    Posted April 6, 2018

Hi Kate! Thank you for all the great recommendations – I just started using the Laura Mercier translucent powder and love it! Quick question. Do you use a sunscreen on your face, and if so, when in your routine do you use it? I currently use the Truth Serum, Fresh Lotus Moisturizer, followed by Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. I used to use a moisturizer with SPF in it, but now that I use the Fresh Lotus I’m not sure when to apply a separate one? Thanks!!

8. Beth says
    Posted April 6, 2018

Love that lip color!!!!

9. Beth says
    Posted April 6, 2018

Also, I know you generally like neutrals in your clothes. Have you tried a dusty purple for an accent color? I think that would look gorgeous on you😀

10. Erin Gentile says
    Posted April 6, 2018

Have you ever tried mixing the Arbonne foundation with moisturizer for lighter coverage? I’m curious if it would work well. Thanks!

11. Melanie S says
    Posted April 7, 2018

I’ve been trying to love the Tarte Tape concealer but it can go quickly from just right to way too much!
    I’ve never used eyeshadow primer but as I get ready for my first summer in NC, is it going to be necessary so my eye shadow doesn’t melt off?

12. alisha says
    Posted April 8, 2018

I love the brow wiz pencil, I always seem to go back to it!

Alisha xx | http://www.alishaxali.blogspot.com

13. lisa says
    Posted April 8, 2018

You looks great, and you skin, my god! is flawless. Love it.