The Twisted “Phonytail”

photo tp2.jpg

I was in a jolly mood when I filmed this tutorial. You’ll understand when you watch the video.

If you are doing this on straight hair, make sure you cross over the two final sections to you cover up the clear elastic!

I used the Bumble and Bumble DrySpun Finish in this tutorial and I really like it! If you are looking to add texture to your hair, this is a great product to play with.

photo tp3.jpg

photo tp5.jpg

photo tp6.jpg
earrings: Elisabeth Ashlie (retired style)

1. Ashley says
    Posted November 4, 2013

Love this adorable hairstyle!!! Will be attempting this for sure!! 🙂

Xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

2. Posted November 4, 2013

So darn cute! Thank you for the fun tutorials and your October favorites was fun to watch. I thought of you today when I was using my MAC Era eye shadow. I will also think of you every time I drive into the Target parking lot. Most recently (last Saturday) when I went to Target to buy detergent (only detergent) I came home with a shih-tzu puppy. A puppy! I know!!! Talk about an impulse purchase… I did not name him detergent. Next time I go in to buy detergent, I will only buy detergent, oh and dog food!
    XOXO,
    Katie

3. Posted November 4, 2013

Love it, I often wear my hair in a ponytail, and this is a much prettier and softer version of it! Xx

4. Posted November 4, 2013

Such a cute look, I have to try it out. I love ponytails but I don’t normally style them up. Yours looks great for an everyday kind of look!!

5. Posted November 4, 2013

Love the look, may I ask which lipstick you are wearing? So pretty

Posted November 4, 2013

Albeit in Peony from Anthro

• Posted November 4, 2013

I was just thinking how nice it looks on you in the video! You also have great lips, I think you would look good in any color.

6. Posted November 4, 2013

fun, funny AND educational…thank you!

7. Posted November 4, 2013

really like this – not too fussy and great for everyday!

8. kristin says
    Posted November 4, 2013

Okay, first of all, you’re adorable! Love this tutorial, I am curious about the product you used too. After having it in your hair for this tutorial would you recommend it?

Posted November 4, 2013

Yes, I talk about it loving it in the video too 🙂

9. Deva says
    Posted November 4, 2013

Ooh, this is such a cute style! I am trying to grow my hair to my collarbone, and I am at that awkward length that’s just below shoulder but not enough – this is perfect 🙂

10. Posted November 4, 2013

Kate, you seriously crack me up!
    I can’t where ponytails for too long because my hair is so thick that I get a headache. But this could work great!

BTW I was talking with my roommate this weekend and told her she needed to Consult The Google! Gotta love it!

11. Posted November 5, 2013

Kate you are so funny to watch haha – we love your videos! This hairstyle looks gorgeous too – and you make it look so simple!

Eve & Faye x
    Sugar Spun Sisters – A blog about cosmetics, clothes & coeliac disease

12. Posted November 5, 2013

What an adorable ponytail! I think it looks absolutely lovely on you

13. Posted November 5, 2013

Lately I have been into learning cool new things to do with my hair and this is definitely I will be trying! Thank you

14. Posted November 6, 2013

You are soo cute!! I love your videos and your style! Thanks!

15. Katie says
    Posted November 11, 2013

Cute shirt! Can you share the specs?

16. Posted November 25, 2013

So nice and cute hairstyles.Looking so cute and adorable.I like this effort so much .Browse also for hairstyles 2014 .

17. Posted December 5, 2013

Your hair tutorials have changed my life! That sounds dramatic, but it’s true. I have thin, limp, lifeless hair that would never cooperate. I found your blog from pinterest and bought my first can of aquage and hot-tools curling iron shortly after! Thank you for putting yourself out there and teaching the world that everyone can have great hair. I am not sure if you have done this, or if it’s “your style” but I think a fun tutorial would be retro pin-up styles… Victory rolls and all that fun stuff. Just a thought. Thanks so much Kate!

18. Posted December 16, 2013

I wish to learn the below mentioned Hairstyle, I can not keep my pouf right from the ear to other ear, HELP!

Let me know on Priya@stalkingmakeup.com if you have a tutorial on this, I would be eager to see.
    Thank you!

19. Posted January 1, 2014

absolutely stunning
    elchim hair dryer

20. Posted February 2, 2014

Hi – thanks for these cute tutorials. I’ve been experimenting all weekend! One issue I am having though is my bobby pins ( and I use A LOT) don’t seem to do the trick. The whole thing falls apart after an hour. My hair is a bit longer than yours but rather fine. Do you have any tips, or ides on how to secure more, well, securely?

21. Posted February 28, 2014

I love it!! I can’t wait to try this one!! Thanks for sharing!
    Best Alaska Fly Fishing Lodge Hoodoo River

22. Posted April 14, 2014

Lovely hairstyle! I am going to do that on me.

Hair and Makeup artist Melbourne

23. Stephanie says
    Posted January 16, 2015

Love this! Your hair tutorials are perfect, and so easy to follow! Love all the styles. I had long hair and I recently decided to go for a Junior in College change and chop it off! It falls just below my shoulders now and I was getting tired of the straightening it everyday! So many beautiful styles to try!

Can’t wait to check out some more! Thank You! xoxox

24. Marchelle says
    Posted February 10, 2015

Been following your blog for years! So neat to see you show up on Real Simple with this do!

25. Linda Maynard says