How to Wear a Knitted Ear Warmer

One of the great things about winter is that there is nearly 0% humid in the air—which is a drastic change from a North Carolina summer. And that means that your hairstyle usually lasts a long longer because it isn’t melting in the summer sun!
But what if you are going on a date. . .and it’s a walk around downtown with a cup of hot chocolate in your hand. . .and it’s freezing. . .but you still want to style your hair?

Enter: adorable knitted ear warmers.

These can be worn with a ponytail too, which looks really pretty on long hair, but I wanted to share another option for wearing a functional, yet stylish ear warmer.

Refer to this post to see my daily products!
*I’m wearing my Red Lipstick again!

My lovely ear warmer came from Three Bird Nest

Striped top: J. Crew outlet, Necklace: Nordstroms, Jacket: Banana Republic Outlet, Jeans: J.Crew, Ear warmer: Three Bird Nest

_______________________________________________________

Click here to visit her shop!

Comments

1. Anonymous says

you are too cute in everything you wear…My hair is just too thin to pull that off…I have tried several ways and times…LOL…looks great on you!

Hi Kate! I know what you mean about downtown being cold -I live in Raleigh too and downtown is at LEAST 10 degrees colder and lots windier. Thanks for showing a new way to wear this. I just bought one last weekend in DC and wore my hair smashed down all weekend. Thanks for the advice!

My daughters have at least two each of those and I’ve always just loved them! I tried wearing them but I always look bald!! I’m going to try this! Thank you!! :)

Do you have any great tips about how to “re-fluff” your hair after you take it off once you reach your destination? How do you keep your hair from getting smashed underneath and looking flat when you take it off? That’s always my problem. Thanks!

5. Lee Ann says

That is really adorable on you!And those ear warmers are so cute! I wish I could wear one. I can’t wear anything on my head(hat, ear muffs, ear warmer; I look bald and totally ridiculous. If I do wear something, then my hair is full of static the rest of the day.

I am inspired to try this now! I have some sweater scraps from making boot socks- so I think I can make an ear warmer and try this out!
    *I ususally look like I came from the ER when I try to wear a scarf around my head as a head band. Myabe this will work!
    Cheri

So cute. Like others have said, this would cause a static nightmare for me. I would love a post about combating static electricity. It is the worst thing about this time of year and drives me crazy.

I was at Marshall’s yesterday trying on a cute head scarf and I went to go look in the mirror. I thought to myself “damnit! Kate makes it look so cute and I look like an idiot”

9. Sara Beth says

Thank you sooo much for this cute style with the ear warmer.I actually had purchased one of them from a local gift shop , and was getting ready to return it, simply because I could not figure out how to make it look great in my hair but still be functional! Thanks again!

10. Anonymous says

Hi! :) I was wondering if you could tell me which headwrap you’re wearing from etsy. I’ve been wanting to get a knitted ear warmer/headwrap for a while and I really like the one you’re wearing. Thanks:)

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is needed
    to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost
    a pretty penny? I’m not very web savvy so I’m not 100% certain. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers