Half French Twist

The ability to capture a great shot in a photo is an art form. This hair tutorial is extra special because the photos are taken from the talented Casey Rose Photography. She did an exceptional job showcasing the style, and added so much more to the photos with lighting and angles.

I’ll talk more about her tomorrow!

I’ve done a photo tutorial of the Half French Twist, but this is the video tutorial. It will make more sense and be easier to follow. :)

Refer to this post to see what’s in my hair.

Refer to this post to see how my hair is curled.

Half French Twist

You can also add a flower or decorative barrette/pin to accent the twist!

Comments

I want to thank you for posting videos AND stills. I follow a few other hair blogs that only post videos, but I love to see the “after” before I commit to watching a video. Gorgeous hair—I’ve had a lot of compliments on styles you inspired! Thank you.

I’m a new follower and absolutely love you (and your sister). I have learned so many different styles to do with my hair instead of my plain boring straightened hair. If you ever get around to it I would love for a “full make up” tutorial. Thanks! I enjoy seeing more!

3. Anonymous says

Kate, do you ever have days where you are just at home and your hair is not polished up? Or do you fix it every morning? I just want to see if you are human since you have gorgeous hair all the time! :)

My 3 year old loves watching videos of “the girl doing her hair”. So we watched this tutorial this morning. Then when I was getting dinner ready tonight, I heard her talking- she was pretending to do her hair saying that you have to put the bobby pin in this way and twist your hair over to the left like this. She looks forward to Mondays :)

Hi Kate! I’m a new reader and have enjoyed all the tutorials you have to offer! :) I think you’re a doll and I appreciate your balance of moral value and style! Wishing you the best!

6. Suzanna says

I’m new to your blog; found it from Pinterest; and I LOVE it!! Thank you so much for posting all of the tutorials! I watched a few last night and I can’t wait to try what I learned.
    I’m growing my hair out from an a-line/inverted bob and it’s almost as long as yours…I want to go in and get it cut like yours. It seems like such a versatile haircut. Could you please tell me what to tell my hair stylist, so she can give me your haircut?
    Thanks again for posting all of this! I can’t wait for more. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Hi Kate!
    I just found you through my latest obsession Pinterest (so dangerous!) My fave so far is the tucked away frenchbraid. Keep em coming, and THANK YOU!!!! Merry Christmas

8. Anonymous says

Hi! My name is Marisa and I’m 16 years old. I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely love your half french twist and thought I’d tell you that I’m going to style my hair like that for prom next month! Thank you so much for the tutorial.

9. Carissa Singleton says

All I got to say is THANK YOU!! I am going to do all new styles with my hair! but I have think longgg hair! so i need alot of bobbypins!!

GORGEOUS!!!! You, your hair, the photos, and the tutorials!!! LOVE it all – and I have your length, never thought to do all of this!!! THANK YOU!