Half French Twist

The ability to capture a great shot in a photo is an art form. This hair tutorial is extra special because the photos are taken from the talented Casey Rose Photography. She did an exceptional job showcasing the style, and added so much more to the photos with lighting and angles.

I’ll talk more about her tomorrow!

I’ve done a photo tutorial of the Half French Twist, but this is the video tutorial. It will make more sense and be easier to follow. 🙂

Refer to this post to see what’s in my hair.

Refer to this post to see how my hair is curled.

Half French Twist

You can also add a flower or decorative barrette/pin to accent the twist!

1. Anonymous says
    Posted December 19, 2011

Sophisticated and very pretty 🙂 I like the accented pin/clip part a lot.
    -Amy-

2. Posted December 19, 2011

Beautiful photos!

3. Posted December 19, 2011

purrrrrrrty!

4. Posted December 19, 2011

Beautimous! A digital SLR camera is the best investement ever and takes such better pics. Especially if you are taking a lot blogging 🙂

5. Marisa says
    Posted December 19, 2011

I want to thank you for posting videos AND stills. I follow a few other hair blogs that only post videos, but I love to see the “after” before I commit to watching a video. Gorgeous hair—I’ve had a lot of compliments on styles you inspired! Thank you.

6. Posted December 19, 2011

I’m a new follower and absolutely love you (and your sister). I have learned so many different styles to do with my hair instead of my plain boring straightened hair. If you ever get around to it I would love for a “full make up” tutorial. Thanks! I enjoy seeing more!

7. susanna says
    Posted December 19, 2011

I love this hairstyle. From the pictures it looks a little complicated, but the video made it terribly simple. I’m going to try it. Thanks!

8. Bella says
    Posted December 19, 2011

love it! and I like where you took the photos – beautiful. 🙂

9. Shoni says
    Posted December 19, 2011

So very pretty! My hair is really long right now but this looks like a hairstyle that I could do with my long hair. Thanks!

10. Jodi says
    Posted December 19, 2011

You make it look so easy. I will be trying this one for sure 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

11. Posted December 19, 2011

so pretty

12. Anonymous says
    Posted December 19, 2011

Very cute, I did this today and it was really easy too- thanks!! P.S.LOVE LOVE your earrings!

13. Posted December 19, 2011
  14. Anonymous says
    Posted December 19, 2011

Kate, do you ever have days where you are just at home and your hair is not polished up? Or do you fix it every morning? I just want to see if you are human since you have gorgeous hair all the time! 🙂

15. Posted December 19, 2011

You have such beautiful clear skin. Any product recommendations?

16. Casey says
    Posted December 19, 2011

Love it, Kate!! I might try that for the holiday!

17. Posted December 20, 2011

Very Awesome Pictures!!! Love this hairstyle!!!

18. KELLYH says
    Posted December 20, 2011

Your jewelry is so cute! Do you make it all from scratch? How did you learn to do it?! You make it look so easy!

19. NicoleM says
    Posted December 20, 2011

My 3 year old loves watching videos of “the girl doing her hair”. So we watched this tutorial this morning. Then when I was getting dinner ready tonight, I heard her talking- she was pretending to do her hair saying that you have to put the bobby pin in this way and twist your hair over to the left like this. She looks forward to Mondays 🙂

20. Posted December 20, 2011

Hi Kate! I’m a new reader and have enjoyed all the tutorials you have to offer! 🙂 I think you’re a doll and I appreciate your balance of moral value and style! Wishing you the best!

21. Ashley says
    Posted December 20, 2011

Love it! And I like the tip on using the bobby pins the right way. I will be trying this out this weekend for sure:)

22. Suzanna says
    Posted December 21, 2011

I’m new to your blog; found it from Pinterest; and I LOVE it!! Thank you so much for posting all of the tutorials! I watched a few last night and I can’t wait to try what I learned.
    I’m growing my hair out from an a-line/inverted bob and it’s almost as long as yours…I want to go in and get it cut like yours. It seems like such a versatile haircut. Could you please tell me what to tell my hair stylist, so she can give me your haircut?
    Thanks again for posting all of this! I can’t wait for more. Have a very Merry Christmas!

23. Posted December 21, 2011

New follower and I LOVE your blog! I love all your hair tutorials. I actually enjoy doing my hair now! Thanks!

24. Melissa says
    Posted December 22, 2011

Love this look!!!

25. LizW says
    Posted December 24, 2011

Hi Kate!
    I just found you through my latest obsession Pinterest (so dangerous!) My fave so far is the tucked away frenchbraid. Keep em coming, and THANK YOU!!!! Merry Christmas

26. Anonymous says
    Posted April 4, 2012

Hi! My name is Marisa and I’m 16 years old. I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely love your half french twist and thought I’d tell you that I’m going to style my hair like that for prom next month! Thank you so much for the tutorial.

27. Carissa Singleton says
    Posted May 10, 2012

All I got to say is THANK YOU!! I am going to do all new styles with my hair! but I have think longgg hair! so i need alot of bobbypins!!

28. Posted July 18, 2012

GORGEOUS!!!! You, your hair, the photos, and the tutorials!!! LOVE it all – and I have your length, never thought to do all of this!!! THANK YOU!

29. Posted September 10, 2012

Your blog is like crack to me! Love everything you do!

30. Posted September 10, 2012

Your blog is like crack to me! Love everything you do!

31. Anonymous says
    Posted September 22, 2012

You have gorgeous hair and amazing hair styles!