Twinkies

Sorry if you hate feet.

My sister and I came in from a nice dinner out over the summer, and plopped on the couch. My husband came home later and looked at us weird.
“What?” I asked.
“What are ya’ll doin?”he said. (did you read that in a southern accent? You should. He’s a southern boy)
“Nothing. What do you mean?”
“Your feet. Look at them.”

We both looked down, and then turned to each other in shock. We were doing the exact same thing with our toes without even knowing it.

A while back, someone said, when meeting my sister for the first time, “Oh my gaaaawd, ya’ll are twinkies!”

We enjoyed a hearty laugh and have been referring to each other as twinkies ever since.

Not twins, twinkies.

Comments

This is so cute… I have 3 younger sisters and we all look the same. It is something that is pointed out each time we run into someone that knew us at a young age. Even though our personalities are different at times, I wouldn’t trade my sisters for anything in the world. Sister love is something that you cannot explain. Thank you for sharing you twinkie with us.

Teehee!! And yuo have tats on your feet… ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch (did I say ouch?) ;-) Am very glad to find you in the ‘always have your toenails painted’ camp.
    Have a great weekend,
    Esther.

LOL that’s hilarious! Given the fact that i’m a southern girl too, I always say “yall” and if I ever do please excuse me! I don’t have a sister, but envy those that do! :) I know it would be alot of fun!

love this! me and my sis are so dang similar my hubs and her hubs often say we have our own language. love “twinkies” going to start using that one ;-)

Cute! I found your blog thru pintrest (LOVE your hair tips!). Are you twins? I have an identical twin sister and my 9yo little boy always calls us twinkies! lol

I just moved to Michigan from Southwest Missouri about 4 years ago. I was told by a co-worker that his daughter and I looked a lot a like. When I met her recently I said, “hello Twinkie, nice to meet you.” She looked at me sorta strange….when I recounted my experience to my husband (who grew up in michigan) he said “what the heck is a twinkie?? She thought you called her a hostess snack cake!” Horrified….just horrified.

Had to comment…love this post! I have two younger sisters. The youngest lives in TN near me now. We are four years apart and are always asked if we are twins! Even my husband put his arm around my sister one day, thinking it was me. Our parents can’t tell us apart over the phone. I have never heard the term “twinkie” other than a Hostess snack cake…kudos to earlier comment. (We were raised in the north.). I can’t wait to tell her about this new term I’ve learned. We have so many similarities that we joke we are truly twins but that my sister just chose to hide out a few years longer. ;)
    Sisters are a blessing…continue to enjoy yours!
    Rebecca~

Ahh this reminds me of my best friend – when we were very young (like, four years old) we would dress alike, do our hair the same ways. People always asked if we were twins and we would say, in unison, “no we’re twinkies!”

Cute :)

9. Anonymous says

Made me laugh! I get asked all the time if my daughter and son are twins. Makes me laugh because they are both adopted. I am an identical twin and people aways comment on how we have the same actions.
    Cristee Trowbridge

What does the foot tattoo on the right set of feet say? I love foot tattoos…thinking of getting one myself but trying to settle on the right thing.

Any time I am acting, dressing, or in other ways resembling someone, I say we’re twinkies. I’m not really sure where I picked it up, but I’ve said it for years.

That’s so adorable. My parents were visiting me recently and my mom and I were walking (everyone says I look just like her, I don’t see it, but that’s besides the point) my dad pulls my boyfriend aside and says, “they hold their purse the exact same way, on the same shoulder.” I look at my mom, both our purses are on our left shoulders and we are holding onto the strap with our left hand. Its funny how family members will do something so similarly. I guess my mom and I are “twinkies” too.