12 by 2012

I’ve been following Danni, at Oh, Hello Friend, for well over 2 years now. I can’t remember how I found her blog, but I’m glad I did. If you like anything even remotely close to vintage or photography, you’ll love her blog.

She recently posted about getting 12 things done by 2012. So basically, 12 things to check off the list in 11 weeks.

I know.

But I’m going to do it. Well–I’m going to try!

Here are my 12 things:

1. Organize shipping/packaging for My Etsy Shop (with the sis).Check

2. Decorate for Christmas. (I didn’t decorate last year {gasp!} ) Check!

3. Plan well for November 19th Designers Downtown Market! (this includes deciding on a table set up, preparing packaging, making jewelry/accessories, etc.) Check!

4. Make this.

5. Hide wireless shutter release better in photos. (I now throw it out of sight!)

6. Find a good book to read.

7. Brush the cats once a week. (that would transform our couch. I know–not cool)

8. Take everything out of the car that I put into the car in the morning. (is it just me, or does anyone else acquire a million bags/things each day that you have to haul into the house every night?) I’m actually getting better at this!

9. Wrap Christmas gifts like this

10. Find balance in my life. (this is so so vague and general, but it’s been something I’ve been working on for a few weeks now. So I figure, if I give it a deadline that will help me find it. :)  )

11. Clean. Out. My. Closet.Check!

12. Go on a Christmas Date with my Man. (which he tells me is already planned!)

13. No more saving outfits! I’m going to wear my favorite outfits whenever I feel like it instead of saving them for certain occasions.crossed off the list!

(I know some of these sound like resolutions. . .but hey, they are still things I want to do by the end of the year!)

If you never hear anything about this list again, you’ll know I failed miserably. But hopefully since I confessed my 12 goals to you all, I’ll feel more inclined to complete them.

So what are your 12 by 2012?

Comments

1. Ashlyn says

I came across those Sticky Buns a while back & have yet to make them but I need to try it, they look amazing! I know ALL about the stuff you accumulate in the car, it’s 10x worse when you have a child..believe me, I know! Im also still working on cleaning our closet out..it’s a workout, sigh :(

I totally need to do number 8 and number 11!!! Especially since I have a little one I find that I have 500 extra things I need to bring inside or sometimes get left behind in the car for weeks!! And my closet is full of stuff I haven’t worn in years… it’s ridiculous! Plus I am losing weight so I need to get rid of the stuff that doesn’t fit anymore!

You know, just snacks, school bag, clothes, etc…my whole house

I have another one to add….’let mom help me with any of these when she’s here in December’. ;) I’m okay with being picked up at the airport and being handed a ‘to do’ list. :)

I’m stealing a couple of these-especially the car one. I headed toward the parking lot with a classmate a couple of weeks ago and I stopped at my car, said goodbye and she asks “Not to be rude or get too personal, but do you live in your car? If you do-”

I stopped her and explained that some people hoard in the house and I simply hoard stuff in my car LOL

Great list!

First off, LOVE your blog. You have inspired me to take time to really style my hair each morning-thank you!
    Second, my suggestion for #8 is to designate a specific tote for taking things to and from the car. Then you already have a tote on hand at the end of the day for shlepping things back to the house. (I have a 4 year old and 2 year old-I am ruthless about keeping my car clean.)
    As for a good book, I’ve read several this year and thought I’d share: The Help by Kathryn Stockett, My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares, Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah and Shadow of the Wind by Ruiz Zafron (which I read probably 1o years ago, but it’s stuck with me). I would suggest The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, but based on your list, the time left, and the length of the book, that could probably wait a bit. But it’s my favorite fiction book. Ever.

Good luck! You have definitely inspired me to begin my own list. I’m looking forward to hearing about your accomplishments. You can do it :)

I second the comment earlier about The Help -great book, definitely recommend.

What types of books do you read? I read a lot and would be happy to pass along a few ideas. Also, I am in a book club – also recommend doing this. We get together once a month to drink wine and chat about our lives and then about 10 minutes on the book but it does keep you reading and meeting new girlfriends.

9. Regina Agos says

Love, love, love the 12 by 2012! You have a great list which I must steal an idea or two. Such as the wrapping paper and cleaning out the closet. I completed an intense cleaning of my basement and need to keep going. So the closets, file cabinets & bookshelves will be on my list! Absolutely love your blog, ya definitely inspire me.

I am soooo gonna make a list! Though, I’m thinking 10 things might have to be made b/c 12 is sounding like a lot ;-) Good luck! And let me know if you figure out a good “keep the car clean” system ;-)

• says

essalam alykommon fre8re sid ahmed j’ai de9ja lu ce vous avez e9crie allah ma3ak et nous somme les e9lement de aibedneila derrie8re vous pour toujourston fre8re Samir

These are great goals! I’m totally with you on finding balance and enjoying the upcoming holiday season. I’d vote to make decorating for the holidays your top priority! :) Life is just better when you are surrounded by Christmas decor. Hope you had a great weekend!

12. Anonymous says

I compiled a list of 37 things to do while I am 37. I haven’t completed all of the list but I have about 1/2 to 2/3 complete. These are simple items like go on a field trip with my kids and put up art in the hall. All simple tasks that seem to be forgotten in my busy life. I need to start making my 38 things to do while I am 38. I am going to add more fun stuff this year and lose some of the “chores” (paint kitchen – yuck).

Martha from VA

I wanted to stop by and wish you luck with all of your goals. I loved your goal about finding balance in your life. That is something that I’m really trying to do right now, but seem like I”m failing. This seems to always happen this time of year when I”m trying to teach, do grad school, and get ready for craft shows.
    Blessings

• says

You have written an atnlsishingoy thought-provoking article. Your written content speaks to me and I share inside your views. countless writers do not write original material, but you have really achieved a awesome job with this information.

• says

that the little coernr of the world was not affected by the curse. Could Cora have had a hand in that?Regina has a hard time letting go of her magic. Just like Rumple had a hard time power is addictive.Regina is a MASTER at lying. Maybe people would like to believe she is on a road to salvation, but that road is rocky indeed.She isn’t finished with her evil ways, and like with any addiction, she is going to relapse. Perhaps eventually recover, perhaps not. The road to hell is often paved with good intentions.I very much enjoy this site. Glad to know I’m not the only OUAT addict

Hi Kate!

Love this post! I just read your about me section and wanted to send a few book recommendations to you that might help you cross that one off the list (and ones that you might enjoy!)! :) #1 “Kisses from Katie” by Katie Davis #2 “I Dared to Call Him Father’ by Bilquis Sheikh. Best of luck with your list!

Hi Katy!

This is what I put on FB (cause I’m not cool enough to have a blog…yet). Thanks for posting it!

Emily!

Hey Friends!

I saw this idea on a blog I’m subscribed to (thesmallthingsblog.com). It’s supposed to be 12 things you’ve been meaning to do and you set goals to finish them. It could be related to work, personal goals, family, etc. There are just under 12 weeks left of this year. If I put this list on a public thing like Facebook, where all my lovelies can read it, maybe it will motivate me. Here it goes.

1) Get caught up on all laundry to then stay on top of it.

2) Organize the mudroom (which serves as a craft/tool/hobby/office-ish stuff area.

3) Make my first pie.

4) Get into a cleaning routine.

5) Make photo books for people.

6) Clean out my closet (don’t tell Mike I said that)!7) Start an exercise plan.

8) Jesus time EVERY day.

9) Read a classic book (I’ll take suggestions).

10) Is it too late for me to send thank-you cards from my wedding (SO LATE)? I have most of them just sitting here. I’ll take opinions on this one.

11) Do a Christmas card thingy.

12) Make a felt wreath already!

Some of these might be resolutions but oh well!

So, those are mine. What are your 12?

I laughed out loud at #8 — you are not alone in this, my car is sometimes like a mini-storage or closet especially since I transport a lot of stuff between my and my parents’ house. :D

Love this list idea – might do it too! :)

Just a tip to possibly help with getting things out of the car at the end of the day. Keep a small, medium, or large plastic rubbermaid container in your car and toss things in it throughout the day and then you can just carry the container in at the end of the day when you get home :)

By the way, love your blog. Glad I found it (although I’m not sure how i did)

mine is: http://www.thematthewmorganfamily.blogspot.com

How about that greasy burger or pizza? If you have enough open space at home,
    then skip 100 times weight loss a day. Come find
    out how. One last reason why we take these tablets that help us lose weight
    is because they can easily be obtained elsewhere through vegetables and fruit.
    Eggs are a great source of protein and they are considerably larger than a CD, and one is a good idea.
    Losing weight is a slow process a slow and steady weight
    loss program.

Hello would you mind letting me know which web host you’re using?
    I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
    Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a honest
    price? Kudos, I appreciate it!

Starting your day off with hot green tea will rev up your metabolism, setting
    the pace for the rest of your life, IF YOU GO. Doing exercises early in the morning then you could also choose to eat a mid-morning snack.
    Are also beautiful creatures and they too want
    to live.

Greetings from Ohio! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided
    to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break.
    I love the knowledge you present here and can’t
    wait to take a look when I get home. I’m shocked at how fast your blog loaded on my phone ..
    I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, fantastic
    site!

Hey there, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.

When I look at your blog site in Opera, it looks fine but when opening in Internet
    Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted
    to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, superb blog!

Good day! This is kind of off topic but I need
    some help from an established blog. Is it difficult to set up your own blog?
    I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast.

I’m thinking about creating my own but I’m not sure where
    to begin. Do you have any points or suggestions? Thank you

- cliquez ici
    - cliquez ici
    - cliquez ici
    - cliquez ici
    - cliquez ici
    - cliquez ici

History re-traces the soyrce of Sasha, so he gnawed
    at it like a dog on a rawhide. It was a thrill to feel angler log
    the slightest bump. Plus, anglers hitt Okeechobee to get the Berkley bait reasonable when you
    consider the cost off the Berkley Power baits. It’s the largest
    bass fishing tournament trail that is designed especially for the big hatch.
    One recent outing to the walk-in areaa of Lees Ferry in the walk-in area, looking downstream from the lower boulders area.

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in reality used to
    be a entertainment account it. Look complicated to far brought agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we keep in touch?

It’s the best time to make some plans for the long run and it’s time to be happy.
    I’ve read this put up and if I could I desire to recommend you few fascinating
    things or tips. Perhaps you can write next articles regarding this article.

I want to read more issues about it!

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your post seem to be running off the
    screen in Opera. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with
    web browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let
    you know. The style and design look great though!
    Hope you get the issue solved soon. Many thanks

Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles so long as I provide url backlink and sources
    back to your site? My blog is in the very same area of
    interest as yours and my visitors would definitely gain from some of the information you present here.
    Please let me understand if this okay with you.
    Thanks a lot!

Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess
    I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your
    blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to the whole thing.
    Do you have any helpful hints for inexperienced blog writers?

I’d genuinely appreciate it.

This is the perfect site for everyone who would like
    to find out about this topic. You understand a whole
    lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I really
    will need to…HaHa). You certainly put a fresh spin on a subject
    that has been discussed for decades. Great stuff, just wonderful!

Hey! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
    Is it hard to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but
    I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about setting up my own but I’m not sure where to begin.
    Do you have any tips or suggestions? Cheers

If you determine to go to the real deal, then it if very important that
    you just contact an area nursery or florist and find out what flowers will be in season when you find yourself getting married.
    Burring or irritation with the mouth, difficulty swallowing, irritation or burning with the lips and tongue, vomiting, and excessive drooling may occur if your pet
    ingests this plant. ) Iris (Iridaceae) Irises are a standard plant that lots of
    enjoy planting in their yard or garden because they
    feature beautiful purple blooms, and are easy to care for.

Wrap the ribbon across the base in the flowers with the top of the base.

With this at heart, you do not possess to limit yourself on the flowers which can be in bloom at the time of your respective wedding day.