Creative Summer Cocktails: Kiki’s Summertime Punch
links + small things
My friend Jordan told me about a fun evening she had with her friends recently where they were all prepped and taught the rest of the group how to make a certain cocktail. Not only was it a fun thing to do with friends, but it was also a great time to practice their skills as home mixologists!
So we planned an afternoon of cocktail making which was a lot of fun and also a hilariously huge mess (more on that story later), and I’m sharing the recipes here on the blog for a little summer cocktail inspiration!
I have a few drinks that I make one by one, but with summertime hosting in mind, I wanted to test out a pitcher-style cocktail that would be easy to make ahead! When we tasted this, we all agreed that it tasted like a Jolly Rancher, so if you like sweet drinks, definitely give this a try!
Kiki’s Summertime Punch
Makes a pitcher-full of cocktails
- 6 C watermelon juice (freshly made or purchased)
- 3/4 C lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 C lime juice freshly squeezed
- 6 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1 1/2 C Tequila
- 1/8 C Cointreau
To make watermelon juice:
- Cut a watermelon into pieces after removing the rind.
- Add watermelon pieces into a blender and blend well.
- Using a cheesecloth over a bowl, pour the watermelon juice onto the cheesecloth. Keep the liquid and discard any pieces.
- Add all ingredients to a large pitcher with ice.
- Garnish with fresh watermelon slices.