A Long Wear Nail Polish System that is Blowing my Mind

I’ve shared candidly that nail polish doesn’t often last very long on my fingers. Between naturally thin and weak nails, and a job that requires me to be relatively hard on my hands/nails, it’s hard for me to get more than just a few days out of my traditional nail polish.

The system that has worked the best for me for the longest time is Essie Gel Couture. It’s quick and simple, and I get usually get several days out of an application! Second to that, Londontown Lakur also lasts fairly long on me as well! And I love the color selection from Londontown.

So, I typically pay to have dip powder applied to my nails in order to get around 2-3 weeks out of it. It works better on me than gel, and there is a pretty decent color selection as well. I’ve tried doing my own dip powder manicures and I’m way too picky about the smooth and perfect finish in order to be satisfied. Plus I love supporting my nail tech and catching up with her when I go.

But recently I wanted to be able to find a polish system that I could do on my own and really let my nail nails get back to a healthier state. Dip powder is pretty rough on my nails, whether I take it off the correct way by soaking it in acetone or if they peel off.

A few followers recommended Dazzle Dry so I did a quick google and bought the mini kit to try it out!

I followed the steps on the included instruction pamphlet (clean nails, 2 coats of base coat, 2 coats of color, top coat) and was blown away about how well it applied and how long it lasted! I noticed tip wear first but had zero chips or lifts at the cuticle.

I’ve since expanded my color assortment and also bought Transform to try. Transform is an optional layer between base coat and color that creates a thicker, gel-like finish to the nails. I’m on the fence about whether or not it’s essential because I personally cannot tell a difference in longevity when I wear it or not. And the thickness isn’t dramatic enough for me either.

See a few of my favorite colors below!

Galactic Fire,     Pink Plume,     Heart of Fire,     Raspberry Creme,     Smitten.

My advice is to follow the steps in the kit exactly and make sure your nail beds are prepped and ready before you start! You can find my tips on how I prep my nails for polish on this post!

1. Brita says
    Posted May 13, 2021

Transform is a ridge filler basecoat for, well, nails with ridges. Creates a smoother surface. It has nothing to do with creating a gel like thick look. You really should pull appropriate info on products you promote.
    With a steady hand, dazzle dry is a great system with great color selection!

Posted May 13, 2021

“ Take your nails to the next level of flawless with Dazzle Dry’s latest innovation: TRANSFORM. When used with Dazzle Dry’s award-winning System, Transform smooths out nail imperfections to create a strong, vibrant, gel-like finish that lasts up to two weeks.” – transform product description from Dazzle Dry site! Described as Gel-like.

• Ana says
      Posted May 14, 2021

Wow Brita, we hope you are having a good day now. The is other ways to point someone’s mistake …

2. Marah Leinbaugh says
    Posted May 13, 2021

How many days of wear are you getting? I asked for a mini kit for Mother’s Day after seeing your success with it. My chipped pretty good after two days . . . I am gonna try again and make sure I really focus on the prep step . . .wondering if I didn’t apply enough of that last time. . . .also saw a tip to use the top coat after the base coat before the color to do kind of what the Transform is supposed to do.

• Melodee L Bowden says
      Posted May 19, 2021

Marah. Make sure you cover the tips if your nails. The first time I did mine I didn’t cover the tips and they chipped within a few days. This time I covered the tips and so far so good.

3. Posted May 13, 2021

Love these shades and thanks for the tips! ❤️✨

4. Posted May 13, 2021

I confess that I am LOVING these, also!

5. Linda Culp says
    Posted May 13, 2021

My daughter gave me a mini kit as part of my Mother’s Day gifts and I am LOVING it! Essie Gel Couture is great too but I’m waiting to see how long this Dazzle Dry lasts! Thanks for sharing. 💕

Enjoy!!

6. Jess H says
    Posted May 13, 2021

Can you speak to drying time as well? I’m curious to hear your thoughts on if it really dries quickly. Thank you!

Posted May 13, 2021

It does dry fast but I much prefer to give it extra dry time. I like to polish my nails at night and then let them dry overnight!

• Amy Hays says
        Posted May 13, 2021

I love this brand so much. I purchased after watching you rave about it. I have Essie, Lakur, and Olive and June and Dazzle Dry lasts the longest in me. I like to use the Olive and June quick dry drops. They really work well.

• Tammy says
      Posted May 14, 2021

After the final coat I set a timer for 5:00 and they are done. I go about my activities! Love Dazzle Dry!

7. Chelsey says
    Posted May 13, 2021

Loooving Dazzle Dry thanks to your rec! Tried the mini set in tutti-frutti (looks like Cajun Shrimp to me) and then purchased Hearts on Fire, Going Cray Sea, and Smitten. Love them all!! Polish isn’t cheap but compared to getting dip frequently, it’s saving some serious cash! Thanks again!

• Chelsey says

Oops, Alluring Charm, not Smitten. 🙂

8. Alison says
    Posted May 13, 2021

I saw this on your stories and had to give it a try! I love that it will last at least a full week with no chips (I scrubbed kitchen cabinets with Clorox wipes!) and it dries like gel…and fast! I waited 10 minutes instead of 5 like the instructions and it was hard and didn’t mess up! And then it comes off like regular polish! Thank you for sharing!!!

9. Suki says
    Posted May 13, 2021

I’ve tried both the Dazzle Dry Nails and Olive and June and feel like the wear on both is about the same of a few days. Agree the tip wear is the first thing I notice and then the chips. On the positive side they both are easy to remove and reapply since they are quick drying. I do love The Poppy from O&J…helps me a lot in doing a less messy application.

10. Liz says
    Posted May 13, 2021

Hi, Kate! Does your top coat keeps its shine? I tried dazzle dry once and all the shine was gone by day two. Not sure if that’s common or if maybe I have a bad bottle? Thanks!

11. Megan says
    Posted May 13, 2021

Looks interesting! How long does it last for you? Especially as compared to powder dip?

12. Kerri Martin says
    Posted May 13, 2021

I love the look and wear of a gel, but my nails are a wreck for weeks after removal. How are you finding the effects after the Dazzle Dry?

13. Karen says
    Posted May 13, 2021

I have used Dazzle Dry for 3 years- it’s amazing !! My nails are in great shape and grow so fast. Even a split in my nail that I had for 12 years has completely healed 😃 Glad you are loving it too 😊

14. Katherine Madeline says

Is this sponsored?

Sponsored posts are always disclosed. No, this isn’t sponsored ☺️

15. Renee says
    Posted May 13, 2021

I love Dazzle Dry! I’ve been using it for about 1.5 years. I like the look of using Transform, because I do get that gel like finish, but I find the polish starts peeling within a week when I use it. I don’t think I’ll go back to other brands! Thank you for sharing your color selections, they’re the perfect summer colors!

• Shasta says
      Posted May 16, 2021

On their fan fb page they suggest doing a coat of base after transform to help with longevity. Try that and see if it helps!

16. Lindsey Nothnagel says
    Posted May 13, 2021

I LOVE THIS NAIL SYSTEM! I actually top mine with Essie Gel Coture and have gotten 7 days without chipping on my very brittle nails! I have even used just the DAZZLEDRY base and topcoat over other polishes and it works really well. AMAZING!

17. Laurie says
    Posted May 16, 2021

I’m confused. You start by saying the product that works the best for you is Essie Gel Couture. then at the end it seems like you prefer Dazzle Dry. Did I misunderstand? I have similar nails to what you described and appreciate you testing these products…but which one? Thanks.

18. Hartford says
    Posted May 16, 2021

How would you say Smitten compares to the other creamy white you always wear (is it Lisbon Wants Moore)?

19. Shasta says
    Posted May 16, 2021

Been using Dazzle Dry for over a year and I love it! Transform isn’t necessary IMO. I think my favorite colors are Less Is Mauve, Love, and Timeless.

20. Sara Anderson says
    Posted May 17, 2021

Love this!! Ever since I got invisalign i’ve been feeling so confident and have been wanting to find other ways to improve my everyday look.

21. Becky Bass says
    Posted May 17, 2021

Thank you, I have been looking for an alternative and hope it is kinder to my nails than the shellac the nail salon pushes.

22. Gina says
    Posted May 18, 2021

I recently came across the Sally Hansen gel nail polish. Seems like it is the same concept. Where you apply color and a clear coat. I was wondering if you have tried them and how they measure up compare to these as I am looking for a dip alternative. Sound like we have similar nails.

23. Melodee L Bowden says
    Posted May 18, 2021

Kate, I took your advice and started using Dazzle Dry and I love it. I’m pretty rough on my nails so even if the polish stays on over a week I’m good. This polish is amazing and dries in 5 minutes. Amazing. Thank you for you sharing these amazing products.

24. Posted May 24, 2021

I love doing my nails at home. I use mostly Revlon and Sally Hanson polishes, but am willing to try others that are recommended. I will look for Dazzle Dry and give it a try. Even at 80 one can have beautiful nails!