Top 10 Hair Products

Honestly, my bathroom cabinets and shower shelves are like a revolving door of new products but these 10 are the creme de la creme in my opinion!

Pureology Hydrate Moisturizing Conditioner – such a great daily conditioner if your hair is prone to damage or dryness. It hydrates so deeply without feeling waxy or heavy on the hair.

Aquage Uplifting Foam – those long time followers know that this is the root lifter I’ve been singing the praises of for over 10 years! Nothing beats it!

Kenra Volume 25 Hair Spray – a classic, firm hold, layerable and forgiving hairspray. Spray a lot for all day hold, or just to a light mist if you need just a tiny bit of hold.

Amika Fluxus Hairspray – a great flexible hold hairspray that smells delightful.

Amika Un.Done Texture Spray  – one of my favorite products to add bulk or texture to the hair, works beautifully on straight or curled hair too!

Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Heat and UV Protective Primer – I absolutely love how lightweight it is and it helps my hair feel soft and look more nourished.

Virtue Create Lifting Powder – this is key for adding chalky texture either at the roots or in the middle of the hair for bulk and lift.

Pureology Color Fanatic Multi-Tasking Leave-In Spray – I’ve used this for years and love how nice it smells. I use it on my daughter as well when I want to add some deep conditioning!

Alterna Caviar Anti Aging Multiplying Volume Styling Mist – perfect for all over lift that doesn’t leave a single bit of residue on the hair.

Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Restructuring Bond Repair Leave-In Overnight Serum – I use this product very regularly as my hair is prone to a lot of dryness. It’s easy to use and really helps condition even the driest parts of my hair!

P.S. If you liked this, you’d probably enjoy my round up of great hair tools under $100!

In this post:

1. Posted January 26, 2021

Thanks for the list! I need to try some of these – Pureology’s products sound great! ❤️✨

2. Kimberly says
    Posted January 26, 2021

What is your favorite clarifying shampoo?

Posted January 26, 2021

I have a few favs but lately it’s Virtue Purifying shampoo

3. Mary H says
    Posted January 26, 2021

Great roundup. I have coarse, curly grey hair and it’s very dry. Question though (or suggested post) what’s a typical routine for you? YOu obviously don’t use ALL these products at once. For a civilian like me, this list can while helpful can be overwhelming. Ithink I’ll start with the mask though.

4. me says
    Posted January 26, 2021

Is there a way to tell if you’re not applying the product correctly or if it’s just not working for your hair?

Posted January 26, 2021

It’s hard to answer without seeing you apply it or seeing what the product is doing but generally I think if you aren’t happy with the results, it’s not a great product for you!

5. Posted January 26, 2021

You are my go to for
    Hair products. I discovered you long ago when you were newly married and had no kids. I have fine hair and you understand fine hair. Not many stylists do. Thanks so much for sharing!

6. Jessica says
    Posted January 26, 2021

Do have any recommendations for dry, itchy scalp? I just moved to a dry, cold area and I’m itchy and flakey!

• NIka says
      Posted January 29, 2021

Hi, have also these problems. Search for Harologie hair salon as they have great piling treatment.

7. Megan says
    Posted January 26, 2021

Thanks for the list! Can’t wait to try some! I’d love to see a post of your top 10 shampoo/conditioner combos for differ hair types!

8. Ashley H says
    Posted January 26, 2021

What would be a good product to add to my regimen postpartum to help strengthen my hair?

9. Jeni Voris says
    Posted January 26, 2021

How does the Pureology Hydrate compare to the Sheer Hydrate? I need a moisturizing shampoo/conditioner, especially in the winter, but my hair is thin and very fine. So I always worry that it will get weighed down with a moisturizing shampoo/conditioner.

Posted January 27, 2021

The “sheer” version is just slightly lighter. I’d try it!

10. Jessi Carlson says
    Posted January 27, 2021

Been following you for years…have almost all of these. Your recommendations never fail me! Thank you for what you do.

11. Carrie says
    Posted January 27, 2021

Your hair is so pretty half up! I always struggle to make mine look good that way. I’m afraid, having shoulder length, straight hair, that it’ll just end up looking like Stephanie Tanner’s hair from Full House in the 90’s. Yours has so much body to it and looks fresh.

12. Michele says
    Posted January 27, 2021

I’ve been trying to sleep with my hair in a high, loose ponytail so it’s good to go on day 2, but I’m waking up with awful headaches those days. My hair is neither heavy nor thick, and the ponytail is loose. Is there anything else I can do instead of this so I’m not waking up in pain?

13. Claire says
    Posted January 31, 2021

You’ve talked about new hair growth but I think I missed what you’re doing to get it! Can you fill me in as I too have some short hairs in the front that don’t seem to grow. Thanks!

Posted February 1, 2021

I’m applying Virtue Healing Oil to the ends!

14. Rene says
    Posted January 31, 2021

What is your favorite hydrating shampoo?

Posted February 1, 2021

Hmmm, probably Pureology Hydrate if I had to choose just one!

15. Allyson says
    Posted February 4, 2021

Pureology conditioner is a gem, I’ve been using it for years. Thanks for the other recommendations!