A favorite eye makeup look lately
One on One Time
Do you ever get in such a routine that you simply forget about doing something you always used to do? I always used to put quite a dark color in the crease of my eye for depth, but since I’ve lightened up my makeup so much these days I almost completely forgot to do that when I was looking for a bit more impact. I’d try going heavier on the liner, but I’d never get the exact look I was imagining.
I also would line my lower lash line, but I haven’t done that regularly in a really long time as well. I started doing that again, to create a bit more definition on the lower lash line to match with the darker crease, and I love the effect!
So here is my go-to eye makeup look lately:
- Prep lids with primer.
- Sweep a light brown/grey shadow all over the lid. (I used the grey shadow from this palette)
- Add a rich shimmery brown shade in the crease. I’ve been using the one from this palette but this is very similar (and this is a drugstore option!)!
- Line the lash line with liquid liner, then add another soft line along the outer part of the lid with a soft grey eyeliner. Smudge immediately.
- Curl lashes, apply mascara, apply fibers, apply more mascara to seal.
- Line lower lash line with a soft metallic liner, and finish with lower lash mascara.
You can find links to everything I used at the bottom of the post!