1. There was a little bit of time when David was still fresh, I’d say around the 2 week mark, that I felt a little “tied to the house” if you will. Part of that was because we had to increase the feeding rate to make sure he was packing on the pounds (which he now is). So now that we are back to a more reasonable feeding schedule, I’ve learned he does pretty darn well going out and I like the freedom of being able to leave the house!
We went to the mall this week because I had a return and he was an excellent shopping buddy. I asked him if a top looked good on me and told him to “keep sleeping if the answer is yes” and sure enough, he said yes.
2. At the mall, I popped into Loft and tried on this sweater. I love the shape and length, and found it to be quite flattering on my current shape. I’m still about 16 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight, but I’m able to buy tops in the same size I would buy before (which is medium).
While I was still on my high from buying normal clothes, instead of maternity clothes, I stopped in to Old Navy and bought 3 more tops. I returned home, tried them on, and put them all back in the bag to return them.
3. David had a little struggle gaining weight right off the bat, but he has since put on plenty. I’m thankful that he’s gaining and breastfeeding is working for is, as I know that isn’t a guarantee! Anyway, he had a weight check appointment this week and I was running early (said no mom ever. . .except me, the time-wizard) so I swung through Dunkin.
And I instagrammed about it.
And many shunned me for not loving Krispy Kreme more than Dunkin.
I’m kidding, I wasn’t really shunned. But I did need to remind people that I’m a northerner! I’m a Dunkin fan to my core. Now, I’m not saying I’ll turn down a Krispy Kreme, I’m just saying I’d rather have Dunkin than Krispy.
Can I get an amen, my fellow northerners?
(Posting this photo makes me want another one. Did I mention I live about 7 seconds from Dunkin? I’ll never see my pre-pregnancy weight again.)
4. I took a massive risk and polished my nails while David napped the other day. It was kind of a competition, and I was pretty sure he would begin to stir right about the time I took the last stroke on my pinky nail.
However, I was victorious. The child slept right on through and let my nails dry for plenty of time. So kind of him.
Anyway, it was my first experience applying Julep polish and I am a huge fan! I’ve been an Essie, OPI or Vinylux fan to my core, but now I can add Julep to that list! It lasted an entire week (I used Essie 3-way glaze as base and top coat). The colors are beautiful AND I love the shape of the bottle.
5. Gravy has returned to his throne. The cats have done really well with David. They were a little bit afraid of him at first, but now that they’ve realized that he lives here too, they are warming up to him. They sniff him when he’s in the car seat or hanging out in the MamaRoo. And Grits has even gotten to the point where he’ll jump up and lay on the hoppy while I’m nursing David. It’s just about the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen. So, Gravy hadn’t ventured back into our bedroom in a few weeks and had pretty much set up camp downstairs. David sleeps in our room right now and that was quite an imposition on Gravy’s existing sleep spot, which existed at the foot of the bed on a fluffy blanket. I was hoping he would return one day and that day finally came. I hope up in the night to feed David and there Gravy was, all curled up by my feet. I smiled, rolled over to go back to sleep, and then realized I had to get up to feed my child. There is much delirium in the night. In other news, David and I survived our first night alone together. Justin had to travel for work one night this week and left us to fend for ourselves. I sent him just under 25 photos of David a day to make sure he didn’t miss a single thing. He enjoyed a full night’s sleep with zero interruptions, and David happened to be pretty dreamy for me to deal with. He’s, in general, an easy baby but every once in awhile he’ll have a fussy time. I was hoping he’d go easy on me and he did. I like him. So that’s it! The 5 (well, 6) top moments of the week! I hope you all had a nice week as well. Oh and I thought I’d mention that I have a hair tutorial bouncing around in my head that I’m hoping to film very soon!