Ever since “retirement” I’ve been considering transferring my makeup out of my makeup bag to a simple plastic storage container. I kept my makeup in my makeup bag for years because I would bring it with me to the studio in case I needed to touch anything up throughout the day. Leaning over the steaming hot shampoo bowl can be a makeup melter.
So I ran into Marshalls and found this perfectly sized plastic container. I immediately made the transfer, edited through products I use daily versus “fun extras” and streamlined my makeup routine. I probably shaved a good 2-3 minutes off the time it takes to do my makeup too since I won’t be digging through my bag.
This container lives under my sink on a little shelf. I pull it out each morning, and then store it under the sink when I’m done. I have really enjoyed having it visibly organized, and it truly has helped simplify my makeup routine.
So what do I have in there?
First off, I talk about a lot of products here on the blog and just because a certain product that I’ve mentioned in the past isn’t shown in this photo doesn’t mean I no longer like it. I change up what I use often and would always let you know if I come to dislike a product over time. So, no need to ask if I still use or like “_________” in the comments—I do! It just may not be a daily product for me!
1. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
2. Arbonne Liquid Perfection in Soft Blush
3. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Foundation**
4. Make Up For Ever Full Cover concealer
5. Up & Up Refining Serum Dailer Moisturizer (use on dry patches)
6. double ended foundation brush (I use the small side to apply concealer)
7. bareMinerals Ready Luminizer in The Love Affair (similar)
8. bareMinerals Ready Color Boost in The Adreneline Rush (similar)
9. bareMinerals Ready pressed Mineral Veil
10. bareMinerals Ready Bronzer in The Skinny Dip
11. Mac Studio Fix in n4
12. Tarte blush in Dollface
13. Tarte blush in Peaceful
14. Tarte blush in Blissful
15. sample size of bareMinerals Ready blush/Luminizer in The One/The Love Affair
16. Nars blush
17. Mac blush in Fleur Power
18. Bobbi Brown Corrector in Porcelain Peach
19. Mac paint pot in Painterly
20.- 30. assortment of shadows, listed below
Mac eyeshadows: Wedge, Omega, Era, Vanilla, Brun
Benefit Creaseless Cream shadow in Birthday Suit
Urban Decay: Tease, Laced
Sephora eyeshadows: 46, 65, 88
31.- 42. assortment of brushes, brands listed below
Sephora, bareMinerals, Real Techniques
43.- 51. Mascaras and eye tools
Shu Uemura lash curler
Sephora liquid liner
CoverGirl Lash Blast
L’Oreal Voluminous Butterfly
Stila smudge crayon in Smoke
Like I said, it’s really helped streamline my morning and I’ve also enjoyed being able to see what I’m working with. You can find plastic containers like the one I use at The Container Store.
** I was trying this foundation around the time that I took these photos. I ended up returning it. It irritated my skin. I loved the finish and loved the consistency, but it just didn’t work for me.