What Are Your Favorite . . . Maternity Stores
Working Out During Pregnancy
I have really enjoyed “dressing the bump”! I like wearing form fitting clothes to really show it off and not feel larger than I actually am. Not surprisingly, I’m drawn to the same type of things I would wear pre-pregnancy.
Here is a list of my favorite stores to shop for maternity clothes (and some of my least favorites)!
1. A Pea in the Pod (housed within Destination Maternity). I find a lot of my dressier tops from this brand, and have purchased a few that I wear on repeat. Between the “bump bucks” you earn and their constant promos, I rarely buy anything full-price.
2. Target. I have found some great things in the Target maternity section. Sort of the staples of my wardrobe if you will. The fit is great, and you simply can’t beat their easy return policy in case you change your mind.
3. Pink Blush Maternity is an online store that I’ve bought just a few tops from. I like their price point, and how long a lot of their tops are.
4. I wear the maternity jeans I bought from Loft.com a few times a week! Between those and my Hudsons, I’m set. The fit is similar to regular Loft clothes too, so it’s easy to pick your size.
5. Gap has a pretty good selection of maternity clothes. I have a pair of maternity jeans from Gap that I really like. And a few tops! Their quality is just as high as regular gap clothes, and you can find a few great staples from this store.
A few of my not so favorite places to shop:
6. Asos. I’ve tried items from Asos a few times and always end up returning them. The tops are too boxy, and the dresses are either matronly or mis-shapen. It seems like Asos doesn’t do the ruched sides or tunics as much as they just make larger, flowier tops. A lot of them are pretty, but they don’t work for me.
7. H&M has a really tiny maternity section. I did just purchase a dress to wear to a wedding from H&M, but it’s not something I love. It’s more of a “I’m running out of time and I need something to wear” kind of dress. I wouldn’t have bought it if I had more time to shop.
When you are shopping for maternity clothes, buy things that you can wear a few times. I’m keeping it pretty plain and simple, and changing up the look with accessories. Invest in a great pair of maternity jeans too. I can’t tell you how much easier that makes getting dressed in the morning!