What Are Your Favorite. . . Hair Tools
The Bump Nest
1. Cricket Silkcomb ; this is the comb I’ve used in every one of my hair tutorials.
2. Denman brush ; I use this brush as I’m blow drying my hair. A vented brush, like this one , is also great for blow drying hair.
3. BaByliss curling iron (in any size) ; heats up quickly and curls nicely
4. Cricket wide tooth comb (similar) ; perfect for combing out wet locks as well as distributing conditioner to your ends while washing your hair.
5. Olivia Garden round brush (any size) ; I use these at the salon and really love the bend they put in the hair. The cermamic middle holds enough heat to dry the hair quickly without burning it.
6. Polyband clear elastics ; Anytime I’m pulling my hair up, I’ll use these. You can find them at drugstores, Target, etc.
7. Rusk Speed Freak dryer ; has lasted for years and dries my hair quickly!
8. Hot Tools curling iron (in any size) ; a classic favorite. Still own the ones I got in beauty school.
9. Diane Bobby pins (bronze or black) ; professional bobby pins are 1000x better than the ones you buy at the drugstore. These won’t slip out and they hold the hair better than cheap ones. Oftentimes I’ve found that the drugstore brand has a plastic coating that doesn’t hold the hair well. Ask your stylist if he/she can get you some professional pins!
10. GHD flat iron (classic or professional) ; my top pick in flat irons for a few years now. I’ve been disappointed with Chi irons (another popular iron) so I always stick with GHD. Cheaper option: Hot Tools flat iron