Makeup for a Fresh, Spring Glow + The Sephora Spring Savings Event Info!

More than ever before I’ve been appreciating how much fun makeup is for me, and therefore how happy it makes me when I get to try new products or simply create a makeup look with a handful of my tried and true favorites.

In the video I’m demonstrating how to get a fresh, glowy makeup look for Spring and sharing the details about the Sephora Spring Savings Event! So before you go any further in this post, sign up to become a Beauty Insider so you can get access to the event! It’s completely free to sign up and be a member of, and you get promotions, discounts, and inside scoop on events that Sephora offers throughout the year.

Rouge members will have earliest access (4/17-5/1) and be able to get 20% off with code “SPRINGSAVE”. All Insider access dates are 4/23-4/27! VIB Member Access is 4/21-4/29, and All Insider Member Access (Rouge, VIB, and Insiders) is 4/23-27!

I’ve linked to all the products I used in the video below, but I want to specifically point out two favorites for this time of year. The NARS Laguna Bronzer Powder with Gold Overspray is in a large container making it really easy to swirl a fluffy brush around in for even application. And speaking of NARS, the NARS Orgasm Illuminating Loose Powder  is a breathtaking highlight. I audibly gasped when I applied it! You’ll see when you watch the demo video.

Also, it wouldn’t be spring without fresh flowers blooming outside, so the Maison Margiela ‘REPLICA’ Springtime in a Park Eau de Toilette is a perfect light, flowery scent for this time of year!

Below are two iPhone pics I grabbed during filming. The top photo is just foundation and concealer, and bottom photo is the finished look.

Products used in the video:

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

Bobbi Brown Blush Pretty Pink

NARS Orgasm Illuminating Loose Powder

Caudalie Beauty Elixir

NARS Laguna Bronzer Powder with Gold Overspray

Maison Margiela ‘REPLICA’ Springtime in a Park Eau de Toilette

Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow in light/medium (only used contour from this palette in the demo)

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eyeshadow in Au Natural

Charlotte Tilbury Rock N’ Kohl Eyeliner in Bedroom Black

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

Tarte Tartlette in Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe

Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer – Hydrating

NARS Radiant Creamy concealer

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder for Under Eyes

Urban Decay Vice Lip Chemistry Lip Stain in Love Child

NARS Orgasm Oil-Infused Lip Tint

If you are a Rouge member and planning on shopping during the Sephora Spring Savings Event, here are a few personal favorites that you should use your 20% savings on. One. Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow in light/medium . Two. NARS Orgasm Illuminating Loose Powder Three. T3 Twirl Trio Interchangeable Clip Curling Iron Set. Four. Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask Five. Ole Henricksen Powder Peel Transforming Facial System

This was created in partnership with Sephora.

1. Stephanie says
    Posted April 17, 2020

What brushes are you using for contour, bronzer and highlight?

2. Posted April 17, 2020

You look gorgeous, Kate! ❤️✨

3. Rhiannon Schaumburg says
    Posted April 17, 2020

Beautiful! Can you also link the lip products you used? You mentioned the Urban Decay product details in the video, but not the details on the NARS gloss. Thank you!

4. Sue W says
    Posted April 17, 2020

Great video Kate! I always get confused where everything should go with contour, bronzer, blush and highlife. This was perfect and you are stunning!

Posted April 20, 2020

I’m glad it was helpful!

5. Amanda says
    Posted April 17, 2020

Great post! Love Sephora sales so much ❤️

6. Ashley says
    Posted April 17, 2020

Beautiful! I love the shimmer on your cheeks!

7. Amanda Eifert says
    Posted April 17, 2020

Loved this one 🙂

8. Pam says
    Posted April 18, 2020

I loved this video! It’s been so depressing up here in NY between quarantine and gray, cold weather. I like that you showed how to do both contour and bronzer. This look is pretty and soft and your delivery is upbeat (like talking to a girlfriend who loves makeup as much as I do).

Posted April 20, 2020

Thank you pam!

9. Julie says
    Posted April 18, 2020

Beautiful, Kate; love the details on application of multiple products.

Would love to see you apply these products in a budget dupe for those of us on a small makeup budget. I have time to experiment now but only able to spend less than $10. Is there an ELF palette you could apply for a video? Choosing the correct shade of contour is challenging. Thanks!

10. Kaitlyn says
    Posted April 18, 2020

I use and love the black tea masks! Great recommendations!

Kaitlyn @ Oh, the Places We’ll Go!

11. Linda Mae says
    Posted April 18, 2020

What’s your nail color? It’s such a beautiful pink.

Posted April 20, 2020

Essie Gel Couture in Model Citizen!

12. jim mac says
    Posted April 19, 2020

What should I do to keep the skin moist?

13. Brandi Robertson says
    Posted April 21, 2020

Hi Kate. I love the blog, I’ve been following for years after finding you on Pinterest. I wonder if you could recommend your best most heavy hydrating skincare products. My skin is literally flaking off my face. I’m working on a super strict elimination diet right now to see if it’s food related, but for the last couple years I have like alligator texture and flakes and I’m at my wits end. I only use a cream cleanser or balm to wash, and I can use an exfoliant in the evening and the next morning there are the flakes. Now I have a trip planned next year (I hope things are back to normal by then) that involves 25 hours of traveling with the longest flight being 17 hours!!! 😱 (Arkansas to Australia). I really, really would like to have my skin in the best shape possible by then, plus keep it hydrated throughout the travel time. I’d appreciate ANY ideas you have for now, and on the plane (masks, sprays, creams, whatever)so I can try them out before hand, as well as an easy summer makeup. I’m a pretty low maintenance girl anyway, but I’d like some easy pretty beach summer ideas so I don’t look terrible in vacay pics. Also, easy but stylish vacation hair. I really stink at doing my hair so it’ll mostly be straight down, scrunched curly down, or in a bun if I don’t start practicing now. Thank you so much!!

14. Emily Skaggs says
    Posted April 23, 2020

What color do you use in the concealer? I have found that I have a similar coloring to you and want to try the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer- just felt overwhelmed at all the color choices! Thanks 🙂