Must Have Fall Layers

one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen

One of the reasons I love Fall clothes so much is that I can still wear a good deal of my Summer tops but simply add a jacket or a light sweater to the outfit! By Spring, I’m ready to ditch the winter clothes. But come Fall, I’ll grab some old favorites and add them to my closet.

One of the items I’ve owned the longest that I still wear every single fall and winter is this sweater. I have it in black and grey and I love that it can be dressed up with booties or simply thrown on over an athleisure outfit.

I thought this was a pretty alternative without a hood for a slightly more dressy open cardigan. And honestly, I’m way more likely to throw on a jacket than a cardigan and the Field Jacket from Old Navy can work year round if you need it to.

I’m on the look out for some black joggers that can work as an alternative to wearing leggings. Don’t get me wrong, I love a legging as much as the next girl, but sometimes I’d like to switch it up with a jogger so I don’t have to wear a tunic length top! I thought these looked like a great option, and Athleta almost never lets me down. I’ve also seen these on Amazon and may try them in my next Prime Wardrobe box!

Do you have any favorite items that you pull out of storage every fall?

In this post:

1. Posted August 31, 2018

I love the muted colours of the pieces you picked! Can’t wait to wear some more browns and blacks. 🙂 💕

2. Allie says
    Posted August 31, 2018

I’m so excited for fall clothes this year! And I’m happy Henley’s are back – they are so comfy! I can’t wait to pick up so,who’d basics like that sweater you mementioned with the sales this weekend! xAllie

3. bre carroll says
    Posted August 31, 2018

Yes! Fall is the best! My body likes fall clothing waaaayyy better than summer clothing. lol

By the way, your post for today (8/31/18) won’t let me comment, and when I check out the video through the link, there is no video, just a picture. The issue may be on my end, but I thought I would let you know in case its not.

4. Wendy says
    Posted August 31, 2018

Try the GAP softspun joggers. Super soft but lightweight – not too thick and heavy. Also comfy but easy to dress up.

5. Nicole says
    Posted September 2, 2018

I really love jacket number 13. It’s so stunning and totally my style!

6. Michelle says
    Posted September 12, 2018

How did you find the Field Jacket from ON in black? I bought the green because the black is not available online or in stores.

• Michelle says
      Posted September 12, 2018

Actually, I bought a whole different option in “Pines” that is 100% cotton.

7. Alcodes says
    Posted September 16, 2018

Like those black trousers and black sneakers perfect combination for casual parties.

8. Shannon says
    Posted October 26, 2018

The field jacket From Old Navy link isn’t working. Is it still for sale? This post is great though, I got lots of great ideas. Thanks for sharing.