How to apply cream blush and eyeshadow

I’ve been loving cream blush and shadow lately and wanted to share a quick tutorial on how I apply both!

I can’t say that I prefer cream eyeshadows or blush over powder, but I like switching things up every once in a while. The eyeshadow I’m using in the tutorial is 715 by Revlon. This eyeshadow can be a little hard to find, but I linked it below, and sometimes you can find it in stores!

I recently got a sample of the new NARS liquid blush from Sephora and loved it so much that I went back and bought the full size. It’s so fresh and pink, I love it for springtime!

Recently I used a crayon eyeshadow, which is similar to the cream in the pot but a slightly darker shade, and works best with a different application method. I love both of these shadows and would recommend them equally! Nothing could be easier than these two shadows, and once you get the hang of it, I’m sure you’ll agree!

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

1. Jen says
    Posted March 5, 2018

Thanks for the tutorial! I got the Revlon eyeshadow a bit ago and I was hoping you show us how you applied it. Love the blush. How do you think it would apply over bare Minerals?

2. Posted March 5, 2018

I’ve never used cream blush before so this will be super useful for me! ❤️Thank you as always. You look beautiful in the video. 🙂

3. Allie says
    Posted March 5, 2018

Thank you, this was super helpful! I’ve never tried dabbing cream blush in a circle before, I’ll have to do that next time I apply. Also this color looks beautiful on you! I like that it is glory without being too shimmery. xAllie http://www.theallthatglittersblog.com

4. Ashley says
    Posted March 5, 2018

Hi! I have the same Revlon eye shadow in caramel (per your recommendation awhile back ago!). I’ve been using a small concealer brush to apply to my eye lid this whole time…is that wrong? Of course the brush gets clumpy and I have to wash it every couple days but it seems to do the trick. Thanks for your advice!

5. Michele says
    Posted March 5, 2018

Thank you! I’ve been wanting this one for a long time!

Do you find that choosing a shade for cream blush differs from powder blush? Not sure how I should approach choosing a shade for myself. I’d definitely like to move to cream for the summer for the reasons you mentioned in the video.

Posted March 5, 2018

No I generally choose the same kind of shade!

• Elaine says
        Posted March 5, 2018

What shade is the Nars liquid blush?

6. Becky says
    Posted March 5, 2018

I love the Revlon cream eyeshadow. It’s a great product for a great price! My local Walmart carries all the colors and I have never had trouble finding them there. I even live in a small town and they still have it!

great to know!

7. Victoria says
    Posted March 5, 2018

I LOVE cream blushes! I find it so much easier to get a natural-looking look. I gently pick up a little color with a brush and apply it the same way I would use power. I haven’t tried a *liquid* blush that comes in a bottle yet…that’s next. 🙂

Is cream eyeshadow more likely to crease than powder shadow, or is there no difference?

Posted March 5, 2018

Sometimes it depends on the product. If you are having trouble with creasing when using a cream shadow, try using an eye shadow primer!

8. Posted March 5, 2018

I think I’ve commented before, but this blush is so darn pretty! And it looks super easy to apply too – I definitely need to check it out!

9. susan says
    Posted March 5, 2018

What did you use as eyeliner on the bottom part of the eye?

10. Chelsey says
    Posted March 5, 2018

I love the Revlon cream eyeshadow, and I’ve been applying it with my fingers too, because I hated the brush that came with it. I’m going to have to try the second coat on the outer corners to make it look a little darker—I never thought about doing that! I’ll also have to try cream blush sometime!

11. Michelle says
    Posted March 5, 2018

Kate, could you mention what color the Nars blush is? I was at Sephora yesterday playing with the Nars liquid blush, but it intimidated me, next time I’ll have to ask for a sample. Thank you!

12. Erinn says
    Posted March 5, 2018

I love a good cream blush! Thanks for the tips!

13. Ashley Beth says
    Posted March 5, 2018

Awesome tutorial! If you’re still on the hunt to try some more natural beauty products, RMS Beauty makes a stellar cream eyeshadow. I love the color “magnetic.” It’s very similar to many of the cream shadows you’ve recommended over the years. It looks darker in the pot than it goes on and it’s a really pretty color.

14. Melanie says
    Posted March 5, 2018

What are your thoughts on creme/liquid blush for oily skin? I love the natural look of the products but am hesitant to try. Any brand recs for oily skin?
    TY!!

15. Kady says
    Posted March 5, 2018

What color NARS is that???

16. Colleen Fazzalaro says
    Posted March 5, 2018

You mentioned tinted moisturizer for the summer. Do you have a favorite? Thx!

17. Dani says
    Posted March 5, 2018

Which Nars color is that?

18. Kim says
    Posted March 5, 2018

I love this! I find it so hard to not overdo blush.

Kim

http://trendkeeper.me .. THAT spot in DUMBO!

19. Anna says
    Posted March 5, 2018

I have been thinking about getting some cream blush so this is perfect! Is there a big difference between a cream blush in a pot vs a cream blush stick? Which do you prefer?

20. Lisa says
    Posted March 5, 2018

You´ve talked about a Revlon cream shadow in the shade Caramel – was that a typo? Do you use that as well?

21. Natalie says
    Posted March 5, 2018

What lipstick are you wearing in this?

• Lisa says
      Posted March 10, 2018

I want to know too! 💄

22. Erin Halley says
    Posted March 5, 2018

What is the Sephora crayon that you like?

23. Kendra says
    Posted March 6, 2018

I don’t have a Sephora close, any recs for a brand from Ulta?

24. JustineCharles says
    Posted March 6, 2018

What color is the NARS blush?? We all want to know, and many, many have asked!
    If you’re unable to say, just say so…but we wanna know so we can purchase it as well!!!
    It’s gorgeous!!!

• Shelly says
      Posted March 6, 2018

Just click on the link to find out…it’s not that hard…

• Chandra says
        Posted March 8, 2018

Maybe they don’t realize that the product in bold lettering is the link.

Posted March 6, 2018

the shade name is O rgasm

25. Karina says
    Posted March 7, 2018

You look amazing!
    The eyeshadow palette is?

26. Louise says
    Posted March 7, 2018

That cream blush is beautiful! I use cream blush and much prefer it.

27. Posted March 7, 2018

Thank you for this tutorial!
    Just bought the Nars liquid blush but haven’t tried it yet. Love the way it looks on you and love your application tips!
    Going to keeping in mind the tapping and gentle blending tips!

28. Nikki says
    Posted March 7, 2018

So excited to try the blush. I was wondering what your lipstick is in this video because I think it looks beautiful and want to try it. Thank you!

29. Posted March 7, 2018

Have switched to cream blush and eyeshadow. So radiant!

30. Nicole says
    Posted March 8, 2018

Thanks! This was great! Do you use an eyeshadow primer with cream eyeshadow? It keeps creasing when I use it.

31. Posted April 12, 2018

What color lipstick are you wearing in this video…love your videos