Warm & Cozy for Winter

I’ve learned that people have different names for their comfy clothes that they change into when they get home for the evening.

“knock-around clothes”

“cozies”

“house pants”

Really, you name it. But there is one thing in common: these clothes have to be COMFORTABLE and make you happy!

Typically my day to day wardrobe is fairly comfortable but not nearly as comfy as my “house clothes” that I wear at the end of the day. I’m usually changing into these after dinner, before bath time for the kids. This time in the evening is spent getting them ready for bed, folding laundry, picking up the house from the day, etc. Basically, there is no place for denim in my life after 6:00p.

I rounded up a bunch of cozy and warm clothes to inspire your comfy clothes for this season.

one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine

I’m trying out some good black maternity leggings before I make my commitment to a pair, but in the meantime I’ve been loving Zella’s Live In leggings. Those or the LuluLemon Align 2 pant (which, unfortunately, has pilled pretty badly like I feared).

What I love about these comfy clothes is that most of the tops can transition into a daytime outfit with the help of a little jewelry, good denim, and perhaps a vest. I like my options when it comes to my clothes, and the more versatility the better!

The real highlight of this post is those socks I linked too from Aerie. Holy moly they are soft! I wish I had bought more!

Finally, if you are wondering if those are eyelashes on those blue pajama pants, they are.

SaveSave

1. Posted November 20, 2017

Cozy is my favorite!

2. Melissa says
    Posted November 20, 2017

You should try the Salutation 7/8 from Athleta. Best.Leggings.Ever.

3. Laura says
    Posted November 20, 2017

These are great! My friend calls her lounge clothes her “give-ups” which just cracks me up.

4. Gigi says
    Posted November 20, 2017

I call my at home clothes “pajamas” – because that’s what I put on after a long, hard day at the office.

5. Brittney says
    Posted November 20, 2017

This was such a fun blog post! Just a little something different and super cute. Happy Thanksgiving week Kate 🙂

• Brittney says
      Posted November 20, 2017

Whoopse! This was for the suppose to be on links and loves! HAHA! But really either way I just love your blog and all the things you share.

6. Jessi says
    Posted November 20, 2017

The Blanqi line of maternity leggings and support camis is amazing. They are like magic and one year in (pregnant and post partum) they are still in great shape!

7. Jean says
    Posted November 20, 2017

If you find good maternity leggings pleeeeeease do a post!! I’m 12 weeks with #3 and maternity clothes shopping has been a chore so far!

8. Mackensie says
    Posted November 20, 2017

I’ve heard great things about Blanqi maternity leggings! They’re having their Black Friday sale all week!

9. Kat says
    Posted November 20, 2017

Good lord I am IN LOVE with my align 2 pants. And they aren’t pilling at all after a year of use! How are the Zella ones? My only complaint (obviously) is the price to eat a second pair.

10. Posted November 20, 2017

Ah, very warm and cosy indeed. This gets me excited for Christmas! 🙂

11. Krystle says
    Posted November 20, 2017

I lived in my motherhood maternity leggings my entire pregnancy. I finally stopped wearing them when I had to go back to work.

12. Kate N says
    Posted November 21, 2017

I lived in maternity leggings from Lou & Grey/Loft when I got too big for regular leggings. They made my favorite “work” maternity pants as well.

13. Erinn says
    Posted November 21, 2017

I’m so happy you shared this! I’ve been on the hunt for sone good lounge pants (my husband calls them comfy clothes)…

14. Julia says
    Posted November 21, 2017

I call them my “soft clothes!”

15. Christina says
    Posted November 21, 2017

We call ours “sweaties” you know, soft for sweat pants 😂

Holy grail maternity leggings are these from gap. Full panel, not see through, and they don’t fall down! Great for work outs, walks, and lounging!

16. Tess Felber says
    Posted November 21, 2017

As I write this I’m wearing my “house clothes” and no shame! In the winter especially I like to change into warm sweaters the second I get home from work aha!
    xx Tess |Sequins are the New Black

17. Lauren says
    Posted November 21, 2017

I’m 19 weeks and currently loving Soma leggings! They’re not maternity but are great for now. I like the slimming ones (for slimming my legs, obviously can’t hide the belly!) but for the price of ~$50, the quality is great.

• Lauren says
      Posted November 21, 2017

Oh yeah! And I call mine my “cat clothes” while my mom calls hers her “dog clothes” because they’re clothes we don’t care about getting all hairy compared to our normal cute/work/dress/etc. clothes. 🙂

18. Sarah says
    Posted November 21, 2017

The worst part about those Align 2’s is that regardless of the fact that mine are totally pilled in a year, I WOULD BUY THEM AGAIN. They manage to be super soft, lightweight AND smoothing with a high rise. The pilling is a bit ridiculous, but I figure that I’ve literally worn them at least once or twice a week for eight months! Great cost per wear.

19. Hannah says
    Posted November 22, 2017

As soon as you figure out which black maternity leggings you like – please let me know! I’m 15 weeks pregnant and in desperate need of some.

20. Alison says
    Posted November 22, 2017

For maternity leggings, I strongly recommend Blanqi! They are so supportive if you have any back pain with pregnancy. The tanks are amazing too! For Black Friday, their leggings are 50% off.

21. alyce says
    Posted November 23, 2017

I call them TV pants

22. Olga says
    Posted November 27, 2017

Those eyelashes on those pijama pants are everything!