my basic fall uniform

There is no shortage of basics around here, which should come as a shock to no one, because they are just so easy. Effortless, if you will. And if I can take “effort” out of getting dressed in the morning but still feel pulled together, thats a big win.

I picked up this “sweater” at Old Navy a few weeks ago and can’t wait for consistently cool temperatures so I can wear it! It’s hardly a sweater, and much more of just a medium weight t-shirt, which is preferred in my book.

There’s a stripe one that I’ve been eyeballing for a little while, but I have a box of winter clothes that I still need to move into my closet for the upcoming season, and I’m fairly certain I already have 4-80 stripe long sleeve tops in it waiting for me.

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again, and just imagine me looking you straight in the eye and speaking with a stern tone. If you haven’t tried the Madewell Roadtripper jeans, you are missing out on the most comfortable pair of jeans in history. Also, they have them in black now. You are WELCOME for that.

Get ready to see this outfit on repeat all fall and winter long. I’m sure you’ll see a vest added to it as well because #predictable.

PS Check out more of my favorite fall wardrobe additions! This is a cute grey sweater with a split at the hem, and this is adorable if you are into wrist/sleeve details!

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

In this post:

1. Posted October 6, 2017

#predictable and #basic fall outfits are the best! Nothing beats a simple sweater, jeans and boots. πŸ™‚

2. Sherry says
    Posted October 6, 2017

I don’t think the link is working for the ON sweater? πŸ€”

• Sherry says
      Posted October 6, 2017

Or the “this outfit” link when mentioning the best. While I’m here, how do you determine size of Madewell jeans?

• Sherry says

I meant vest, not best.

3. Seppy says
    Posted October 6, 2017

Cute outfit!! Looks comfy and put-together! I love booties like that but I don’t own a pair – not sure it goes with my style! But it looks great on you.

4. Carissa says
    Posted October 6, 2017

lol…I ordered the grey & striped shirt a few weeks ago. I pregnant and due in February and I can’t wait to wear them ALL the time!

5. Karen Branscum says
    Posted October 6, 2017

I appreciate you sharing style tips & examples…I am fashion shy & need the confidence boost! Thanks!….& ALWAYS LOVE THE HAIR!! Great blog stop for me! I share you with others especially for hair help! 😁

6. Posted October 6, 2017

Thanks for the recommendation on the Madewell jeans. I’m on the hut for new jeans soon and have zero idea where to start.

7. Candice says
    Posted October 6, 2017

Thanks Kate! Love your blog! FYI readers, Madewell Recycles jeans! Turn in a pair of old jeans (doesn’t matter the brand) and get $20 off a new pair of Madewell jeans!

8. Kendal says
    Posted October 6, 2017

I love wearing simple outfits in the fall. I’m all about being comfy rather than super stylish, especially when it’s cooler!

Kendal // Life With Kendal

9. Elisabeth says

Love this look!

xo, Elisabeth

10. Kim says
    Posted October 6, 2017

I don’t think I’ve ever bought anything from old navy.. crazy! But that top looks so cozy and cute!

Kim

http://trendkeeper.me … How to plan a staycation!

11. Dianna Miller says
    Posted October 6, 2017

This is my kind of outfit too! And I love your handbag! I am seeing so many cute ones lately. I love the light color against a fall outfit.

12. Lilly says
    Posted October 6, 2017

Agreed on the Madewell jeans! They’re the perfect “uniform” pants as you said. I literally live in them and don’t feel bad about wearing them multiple times a week. #SorryNotSorry

Thanks for sharing!

13. Emily says
    Posted October 6, 2017

You always look great and so well-pulled together! I can only aspire to pull these outfits off the way you do.

14. Erika says
    Posted October 6, 2017

I just got home from Old Navy, bought the exact same shirt πŸ™‚

15. Lindsay says
    Posted October 7, 2017

Love those booties! I need a pair like those – less of a heel and neutral enough to wear every day. Thanks for sharing your style and tips!
    Lindsay
    Life and Style blogger at lattesandallthingslovely.com

16. Robin says
    Posted October 7, 2017

Ok. I have a weird wuestion. DO you ever have a problem with getting little tiny holes in the front of your shirts where it rubs against the button of your jeans? I feel like every tshirt I own suffers from this problem! How do I fix this?

17. cory says
    Posted October 8, 2017

in my mind, you can never go wrong with ankle booties!

x Cory http://www.coffeespoonsblog.com

18. Jordan B says
    Posted October 9, 2017

For anyone reading this post a few days late… Old Navy still has the shirt mentioned in this post, and is offering 35% off select items AND 10% your entire order, including sale items! I snagged a couple of these shirt/sweaters and a few more “boyfriend” shirts with a similar cut/style, just look a little thinner in material. Thanks for the tip, Kate!

19. Kristi C says
    Posted October 10, 2017

I was in Portland this weekend and went to the Madewell store (first time ever and I wanted everything) and got the Roadtripper jeans. I LOVE THEM!! So comfortable, just the right amount of stretch and nice and long. I’m 5’9″ and usually have to order tall but they were perfect. Thanks for the recommendation! Now for those cross body bags….

20. Varuna says
    Posted October 12, 2017

Nice outfit..

21. Heidi says
    Posted October 21, 2017

I’ve purchased these pants now after seeing you mention them a couple times, and they are wonderful! I’m not the same body-type as you, but I decided to give them a shot, and I’m so glad I did.