On wrinkles, aging, and how to care for your skin

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Olay. The opinions and text are all my own.

I’ve had dry and dehydrated skin for my entire life. The skin on my face can vary from a bit more oily to extremely dry depending on the season (both of life or of the weather). Therefore, I’ve tried roughly 1 million moisturizers over the course of my 31 years.

And speaking of being 31, I’m wishing I would have settled on an anti-aging product about 10 years ago. While it’s never too late to start, it’s really best to start using anti-aging products well before the signs of wrinkles or aging skin even show up!

For the past few weeks, I’ve been using Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream every day. It claims to be super moisturizing, lightweight in texture, and plump up your skin a bit. Those components sounded perfect for me, and I was excited to really compare a quick photo I took right before I applied it for the first time with other photos of my progress. I’m always really curious to see if products actually do what they claim to do, and before and after photos are the best way to really track progress with my skin.

So, as I’ve gotten older I’ve noticed wrinkles around my eyes, like crow’s feet, and general dullness to my skin. I’ve struggled a bit with melasma during and after pregnancy, but that’s faded quite a bit. I’m prone to breakouts around my nose and on my chin, but otherwise my skin is normal to dry.

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream claims to reduce the appearance of wrinkles on day 1! In 2 weeks, users should notice a bit more firmness and elasticity with their skin as well. And by 4 weeks of use, the cream can reduce the look of up to 10 years of wrinkles.

The biggest factor that compelled me to put it up to the challenge on my face was the results from the Good Housekeeping independent study. The study shoes that Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream outperformed 10 top prestige creams, including one that cost $440.00! YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT. That fact alone, with the help of all the positive benefits of using it, made me want to try it and see for myself.

I applied it all over my face, making very sure I covered the crows feet area of my eyes as those are where my wrinkles are most pronounced. I can tell you that it is as hydrating as it claims to be, but I didn’t feel like I had applied a super rich or heavy moisturizer that would cause my makeup to slide off.

Here is a shot right before the first time I used it:

My eye goes to my pores on my cheek near my nose, and I even see some wrinkles on my forehead. You can’t see it, but my skin without a moisturizer feels like it’s 2 sizes too small.

Here is a progress shot from just 1 week later:

Everything just looks a bit softer, doesn’t it? I think I’m seeing the plumping and firming action start to take effect. My skin’s hydration is normalized with using the cream, and the formula really agrees with my complexion too. Because it’s only been 1 week between these photos, I can’t see a huge different in wrinkles, but I’m not really supposed to yet.

I’m genuinely excited to keep using it and continue to track my results! While I’m excited to see some signs of aging diminished, I also am happy to know I’m covering my skin with great ingredients to prevent more wrinkles from appearing.

In case you don’t know, you can buy a trial size of the product for less than half of the price of the full size. And you can also purchase a fragrance-free option if that’s better for you too!

1. Ashley G says
    Posted June 30, 2017

Did you apply morning and night?

2. Posted June 30, 2017

I love that there is a fragrance free option available! I’m excited to try this product out. I’m almost 30 and I know it’s time to kick it into high gear when it comes to taking care of my skin!

3. Michele says
    Posted June 30, 2017

Are you still using Ponds Cold Cream Ckeanser? I started using it after a post you did a LONG time ago. It seriously melts off waterproof mascara! Just wondering…

4. Lindsay says
    Posted June 30, 2017

I’ve been using this product for sometime now and I LOVE it! Target cartwheel will have it$3 off sometimes so check that out before you buy your next bottle.

5. Posted June 30, 2017

Ooh, I’d love to try out this product too. It sounds like a miracle worker!

6. Karly says
    Posted June 30, 2017

I’ve seen other bloggers also post about this Olay cream. I’ve never tired Olay but I may need too!

7. Carrie says
    Posted June 30, 2017

I’ve been using that Olay Microsculpting cream for years and love it. Wanted to let you know about a newer YouTube channel run by a dermatologist named Dr. Dray. Highly recommend her channel. She tells it like it is with all things skin care. I’ve learned so much about the science of sunscreen and skin care ingredients.

8. Betsy says
    Posted June 30, 2017

Don’t forget about your neck — I’m now regularly encouraging my daughters to pay as much attention to their necks as they do their faces. I wish I’d started caring for my neck way back when I started using eye cream — maybe I would be battling “turkey neck” now.

good call!

9. Darrelyn Kelley says
    Posted June 30, 2017

I’ve been using this for years and I love it! I also use the facial serum. It works great! The night cream is wonderful too! I love waking up to softer skin. I have very dry skin and these products moisturize my skin. It makes my skin feel great and helps with the wrinkles too! I am almost 50 years old, but people think I’m in my 30s. The price is good, the product is great, and I can buy it at the drug store. You’ve got a great product here. You are right. We are never too young to use anti aging products.

10. Lynn says
    Posted June 30, 2017

Just curious, you’ve always raved about Fresh Lotus Preserve, you’re no longer using that?

Posted June 30, 2017

I still really love fresh Lotus Youth Preserve! I’ve switched to this product by Olay to really give it a good, long test drive so I have a drugstore cream to recommend to those who don’t want to pay for high end products.
      As a beauty blogger, I’m always trying new things so I know what I can recommend and feel confident about.

• Lynn says

Good to know! Thanks, Kate๐Ÿ˜€

11. Jillian says
    Posted June 30, 2017

Do you think this would be too much for someone with combination skin? I am really looking for something to help my skin out. I am 35 and started using anti-aging products in my 20’s but only on and off. I feel like I am paying for it now.
    Liner Lipstick Life

• Julie says
      Posted June 30, 2017

There is a lighter serum that is good for oily skin. I use this cream at night and the serum during the day followed by spf. Also you can get this from Sam’s and Costco usually. Both are sometimes available.

12. Pat says
    Posted June 30, 2017

Is this also a moisturizer or do you use something else along with this product for moisturizing?

Posted June 30, 2017

It is a moisturizer as well!

13. Jenn says
    Posted June 30, 2017

It seems so many different anti aging lines offer multiple products (day cream, serum, night cream). I don’t even know what to do! I feel like my skin doesn’t need ALL of it, but I’m always suggested the entire line. Are you JUST using this one product?

14. kelly says
    Posted June 30, 2017

Kate, did you mention on IG that you were trying a microneedle roller? How did you like it?? I just started doing it.
    -kelly

it hurts!

15. Momzi says
    Posted July 1, 2017

Most of the damage that happens is from the Sun. Olay has great sunscreens. Use that and a night cream, and you will be really happy when you are older.

16. Laura says
    Posted July 1, 2017

Do anti-aging creams help shrink large pores, or is there another product you can recommend for those unsightly things?!

17. Carol H says
    Posted July 1, 2017

It’s probably better to settle on skin care while you are still young, than just going with whoever is sponsoring you at that time!

• Katie says
      Posted July 1, 2017

She is a beauty blogger and that’s part of the gig. Don’t be judgmental! This is her job and we thank her for it!

18. Ally says
    Posted July 2, 2017

Please keep us posted on your results down the road!

19. Barbara says
    Posted July 2, 2017

First of all, i love your blog. Thank you! I use Regenerist night recovery formula new formula, gragrance free. It does not have parabens and the 3rd ingredient is Niacinamide which helps with skin discoloration and wrinkles (i have melasma). It also is amazing on my dry (sometimes combo) skin. I also use Drunk Elephant T.L.C glycolic night serum (great to help with skin discoloration).

20. Patti says
    Posted July 3, 2017

I LOVE Olay Sculpting cream! I am an older woman and I noticed that the longer you use it the better it is! Thank you for reinforcing what I thought to be true!

21. Jessica says
    Posted July 3, 2017

Since having your lash lift, what do you use to take off your eye makeup? I had one a few weeks ago and my person told me to use oil free products only. Thanks!

22. Julie says
    Posted July 7, 2017

I just got mine in the mail today. Can’t wait!

23. Chesney says
    Posted July 10, 2017

Started using this last week thanks to you! I’m only 25 and can tell a huge difference in my forehead! Thank you!!!!

24. Posted July 12, 2017

I can definitely see a difference. Your skin does look softer. I may give it a try myself.
    Thanks for the info!!

25. Emily Bent says
    Posted July 27, 2017

Hi Kate,

Are you still using this Olay product? You had mentioned keeping track of your results! Love to hear if it’s worth it!

Emily

26. Posted July 29, 2017

Right here is the right website for anybody who hopes to understand this topic.
    You know a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually would want to?HaHa).
    You certainly put a new spin on a subject which has been discussed for decades.

Excellent stuff, just great!

27. Kate says
    Posted August 17, 2017

I was just reading Real Simple and turned the page and there you were! I bought the cream because of your recommendation and I really like it!

28. Connie says
    Posted August 18, 2017

I just found one that now was 30 SPF! It’s awesome!

29. Sandra says
    Posted September 12, 2017

I really feel like dermalmd anti aging serum is helping my wrinkles. I am in my late 20s, almost 30, and I wanted to stop the few wrinkles I had from getting any worse or adding any more. I have been using dermalmd serum twice a day, every day for a month or two and I really like it. The deeper lines on my forehead are still there, but overall the appearance looks better. It is a slow process, but it is definitely helping.

30. Posted November 28, 2017

I am constantly invstigating online for posts that can aid me.
    Thank you!

31. Xaxtus says
    Posted December 6, 2017

I got what you mean,saved to my bookmarks, very nice web site.

32. Posted December 6, 2017

Some genuinely good content on this website, thanks for contribution.

33. Posted December 6, 2017

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading
    it, you will be a great author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and
    may come back sometime soon. I want to encourage you to continue your great writing, have a nice
    morning!

34. Posted December 6, 2017

Can I simply just say what a relief to find somebody who
    really understands what they’re talking about on the net.

You certainly understand how to bring a problem to light and make it important.
    More people have to look at this and understand
    this side of your story. I was surprised that you’re not more popular given that you most certainly possess the gift.

35. Posted December 6, 2017

Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your site, how
    can i subscribe for a weblog website? The account
    aided me a acceptable deal. I have been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided vibrant clear idea

36. Posted December 6, 2017

Thanks, I have recently been looking for information approximately this topic for a while
    and yours is the best I’ve found out so far. But, what in regards to the
    conclusion? Are you certain about the source?

37. CanworX says
    Posted December 6, 2017

Hello.This article was really fascinating, particularly because I was browsing for thoughts on this subject last Monday.

38. Posted December 12, 2017

I don’t even know how I finished up right here,
    but I assumed this post used to be great. I do not
    recognise who you’re however definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you happen to are not already ๐Ÿ˜‰ Cheers!

39. Posted December 12, 2017

What i don’t understood is in truth how you’re not
    actually a lot more smartly-preferred than you might be right now.
    You are so intelligent. You recognize therefore considerably
    in the case of this subject, made me for my part imagine it from numerous various angles.
    Its like women and men are not fascinated until it’s one thing to accomplish with Girl gaga!
    Your personal stuffs nice. Always deal with
    it up!

40. Posted December 14, 2017

I think that is one of the such a lot significant info for
    me. And i am satisfied reading your article. But wanna observation on some normal
    things, The website taste is ideal, the articles is really excellent :D.
    Excellent activity, cheers.