Nail Colors: finger + toe combinations

For so long I thought it was important to match my fingernails to my toenails. Then I wised up and started doing a french manicure on my nails and a bright color on my toes. But that was about 10 years ago.

These days I love wearing a lighter, neutral shade on my fingernails, and going a bit brighter on my toes for summertime. Nothing says summer like Cajun Shrimp on your toenails, peeking through some white espadrilles, am I right?

I picked out a few of my favorite colors for fingernails and toenails below!

one, two, three, four, five , six, seveneight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen

For some tips for at-home manicures/pedicures, check out here and here

PS. UPDATE: Here are the names of the shades for those of you that have asked!

one – Mimosas For Mr. & Mrs.; two – Loverly; three – It’s in the Clouds; four – Negligee, five – Brill, six – Getting Nadi On My Honeymoon; seven – Hi Maintenance; eight – Cajun Shrimp; nine – Two-Timing the Zones; ten – Cute as a Button; eleven – Lobster Roll; twelve – Bachelorette Bash; thirteen – Living on the Bula-Vard!

In this post:

1. Katie says
    Posted June 2, 2017

The links for the nail polish do not take me directly to the specific color. Is there a way you can add a list of the color names?

• Nicole Shields says
      Posted June 2, 2017

Hi Katie! Sorry about that! We always try to link to the exact shade but sometimes it won’t let us 🙂 The post has been updated with all the names of the shades for you to reference! Hope that helps!

• Bobbie says
        Posted June 2, 2017

Thank you for that! It always seems to me it would be easier to list the info rather than the One, Two, Three thing. It takes FOREVER to click through all that. Thanks for making it easier.

2. Stacy says
    Posted June 2, 2017

What color is on your fingernails in the photo where you are holding the darker pink for your toes?

• Jess says

Me, too!

• Jess says

Me, too!

• Kara says
        Posted June 2, 2017

Me too! I’ve been looking for the perfect creamy off white for my nails!! 🙂

3. Posted June 2, 2017

Great idea! I’ve never coordinate my nail and toe colours before. I was so mismatched, haha!

4. Allie says
    Posted June 2, 2017

I love the reds! On that note, could do a post sometime about how to get your nails to recover from repeated bright colored. All polish use? Thanks! xxAllie

5. Leslie says
    Posted June 2, 2017

None of the links are actually going to the colors pictured. Would love to know the actual colors. Thanks!

• Nicole Shields says
      Posted June 2, 2017

Hi Leslie! Sorry about that! We always try to link to the exact shade but sometimes it won’t let us 🙂 The post has been updated with all the names of the shades for you to reference! Hope that helps!

6. Susan King says
    Posted June 2, 2017

Pretty please with sugar on top fix the links or tell us the shades. The links just take us to the collection and not the actual shades. Thank you so much!

• Nicole Shields says
      Posted June 2, 2017

Hi Susan! Sorry about that! We always try to link to the exact shade but sometimes it won’t let us 🙂 The post has been updated with all the names of the shades for you to reference! Hope that helps!

7. Melissa G says
    Posted June 2, 2017

I love Cajun Shrimp…but on my fingers too. Looks so great with a tan! Apparently its a fav everywhere as the last time I went to the nail salon, they were totally out of it. I’ve been loving OPI California Raspberry too!

8. Jody Pannell says
    Posted June 2, 2017

Thanks for the update with the names of the polishes! Love your blog; I’ve been a fan for many years!

9. Tiffany says
    Posted June 2, 2017

Like the others have mentioned, I would love to know which colors these are. Thanks!

10. Sara says

Poor Jacques! 😉

11. Posted June 2, 2017

You always pick the best colors. Your cascade cool rec has remained one of my favorites!

12. Tara says
    Posted June 2, 2017

I love OPI Fellin’ Hot Hot Hot!! Perfect summer pink for toes.

13. Nancy F says
    Posted June 2, 2017

I, too, would like to know which color Kate is wearing on her fingernails in the picture! <3

• Lauren says
      Posted June 8, 2017

Me too! Pleaseee 🙂

14. A Sparkle Of Grace says
    Posted June 2, 2017

Number 7 is gorgeous! I love these types of colors for fingers and toes.
    A Sparkle Of Grace

15. Sara says

Cajun Shrimp is my all time favorite summer color ❤️

16. Amelia says
    Posted June 2, 2017

While I love the neutral / soft pink on my hand, I have a hard time finding colors that aren’t somewhat see through, even after 2 coats. Any tips? Or suggested colors for non-sheer cover

• Tracey says
      Posted June 2, 2017

When I wear sheer colors, I often do a white or off-white polish (either matte or with some sparkle/pearl) as a first coat, then 2 coats of the sheer color. That way, you have a good base color for the sheer color to show up on and your nail bed doesn’t show through the sheer color.

I layer nail polish colors a lot…sometimes you can get a totally different look or color just by layering! And it extends my already excessive collection of nail polish! 😉

• Linda says
      Posted June 3, 2017

I also layer nail polish colors! But today I tried OPI Funny Bunny thinking that it would be too sheer but two coats worked! It’s super clean looking!

17. Posted June 2, 2017

What is the essie color that you are holding in that picture? It doesn’t seem to match any of the ones in the collage. I love that shade of pink!

18. Posted June 2, 2017

Matchy matchy isn’t as interesting as a duo.
    And that way you get to buy two shades instead of just one!

19. Posted June 2, 2017

Everything is so pretty! I’m not so much of a warm tone nails person but I will give these babies a try, love your blog <3

20. Posted June 2, 2017

I used to always match my toes and fingers as well, but now I also like to mix things up sometimes, going light or neutral on the fingers and a little bit brighter on the toes is always a good combination indeed! Lovely picks 🙂

21. Betsey says
    Posted June 2, 2017

Please let us know the color of your nail color and bottle in pic
    Thanks

22. Eleanor says
    Posted June 2, 2017

WHat color are you wearing on your fingers in the photo? So nice! Looking for a good color for my wedding next weekend!

23. Michelle says
    Posted June 2, 2017

Was the color she has on her nails in the picture ever answered anywhere??? I don’t see it!

24. Dawn says
    Posted June 2, 2017

Another request for the name of the polish on your fingers in the photo… please. I think I need this color now.

25. Phon says
    Posted June 4, 2017

Kate, you should check out OPI She’s a bad Muffiletta. It’s just a shade pinker than Cajun Shrimp! It’s my favorite rite now!

26. Siham says
    Posted June 5, 2017

I love these combinations! I normally wear darker shades on my toes, I’ll try out these for sure 🙂 x

| http://www.noirettediary.com |

27. Heather Jordan says
    Posted June 5, 2017

What is the color on your nails in the picture?

28. Jess says
    Posted June 14, 2017

I always do the opposite – fairly neutral toes and and bright fingers. I find that my pedicures last far longer and I’d rather be able to change up my finger color once or twice!