maxi dresses to get you through the summer

dress, earrings

The moment I laid eyes on this maxi dress at Target I knew it was going to be a winner for me. You may realize that I tend toward neutral tones and softer colors (if any) so this feels like a step out of my comfort zone in a way. I’m loving the Nordic-inspired patterns I’ve been seeing around recently!

I wore this dress for a dinner party, but can already see myself wearing it to the Farmer’s Market on a Saturday morning too. It’s simple, light, and easy to wear. The material is wrinkle-prone but it’s supposed to look that way a bit.

I picked a few other great maxi dresses to look into for summertime!

one, two, three, four, five, six, seven

For so long I felt like maxi dresses were kind of boring. All I could seem to find were basic tank top style dresses in fabrics that were way too thin and way too see through. But that was about 5 years ago or so, and I’m happy to say they’ve come a long way.

I love the options a maxi dress gives you. It can be totally casual and easy, or dressed up a bit for a nicer event. It all depends on the accessories, makeup, and how your hair is styled.

To me, a ponytail or messy bun paired with simple jewelry and flat sandals is the perfect casual way to wear a maxi dress. For date night I’d add wedges, style my hair down, and find some statement earrings to dress it up a bit more.

Since you’re already shopping for summer, check out these cute shorts and this amazing sunless tanner!

SaveSave

1. Posted May 16, 2017

So much yes to maxi dresses. I’m so glad they’re still on trend. You look great in yours!

2. Candice says
    Posted May 16, 2017

That’s such a beautiful dress

Beauty Candy Loves

3. Posted May 16, 2017

I love the off-the-shoulder look, but can’t always find a style that doesn’t look too 70s. This one is perfect! So relaxed and can be dressed up or down. The color is perfect on you!

4. Posted May 16, 2017

I despise dresses (I know there’s something wrong with me) but I love the color and pattern of that dress, even though I’d never likely wear it. Lol

5. Kerri says
    Posted May 16, 2017

Oh my gosh that dress looks absolutely stunning on you! The color is gorgeous.

6. Kaitlin says
    Posted May 16, 2017

So what’s your bra situation in this dress, if you don’t mind?

Posted May 16, 2017

I usually wear a strapless I just couldn’t find it for this photo!

• Cait says
        Posted May 16, 2017

Do you have a strapless bra you recommend? I tend to avoid wearing them!

• Sarah says
          Posted May 16, 2017

Yes, I’d love to know if you have a strapless bra you like/love 😉

7. Posted May 16, 2017

Love these dresses for summer. So comfy and chic!

Blush & Pearls by Angela

8. Posted May 16, 2017

Beautiful dress! I’m not a big fan of purple but you really nailed this look <3

9. Caitlin says
    Posted May 16, 2017

I love love love this dress. How does the top work? is it completely sewn together or could it possibly work for nursing? 🙂

10. Cindy says
    Posted May 16, 2017

What about bras with these dresses…especially the one you are wearing…a strapless bra is so uncomfortable…what type of bra strap is ok to show?

11. Mimi says
    Posted May 17, 2017

I love the maxi dress from Target and seeing the pictures of you wearing it for your party. The other two dresses I like are from Amazon. (Is this a sponsored post with Amazon?) Buying clothes from Amazon makes me cringe. Maxi dresses are hard to fit and I need to try them on especially if from a brand I am not familiar with. Anyways, buyers read the return policy on “each item” purchased through Amazon.

12. Katherine says
    Posted May 17, 2017

It looks great on you!

13. Sheryl says
    Posted June 2, 2017

I have wide-ish shoulders so as much as I love these dresses I just can’t pull them off because they tend to make the shoulders look wider… 🙁
    It’s one of those trends I’d love to wear, but just shouldn’t….

14. Noelle says
    Posted August 3, 2017

Love Target (like everyone else lol!) I also like the cold shoulder detail on this dress. So pretty!