a shimmery cream eyeshadow that kicks your eye makeup up a notch

As the temperatures are warming up, I’m starting to simplify my makeup routine a bit. Cream eyeshadow is the fastest and easiest way to apply dimensional eyeshadow with little effort. I use my finger, blend it out, and add a bit of a darker shadow to the crease and corner only if I want to.

I found the prettiest shade that you should definitely add to your makeup bag this spring by Revlon. The shade is called Caramel 710 and it’s a little pot of cream eyeshadow that even comes with it’s own applicator if you choose to go that route!

If cream eyeshadows tend to crease on you, don’t be afraid to apply a bit of eyeshadow primer before you apply the cream eyeshadow. It will act like double stick tape for the product and really cut back on creasing!

For this look, I added a darker chocolate shade to the outer corners, but on more casual makeup days I’ll just swipe a bit of Caramel on and leave it at that. It couldn’t be easier! And for under $7.00 at Target, it barely makes a dent in your wallet too.

p.s. I’m wearing Playful here, isn’t it such a fun coral!?

(photos by Jordan Maunder shot at The Dartmouth)

SaveSave

1. Melissa says
    Posted April 17, 2017

Looks great… I haven’t ever really used cream shadows. What is the brand and name of the chocolate color?

2. Alyssa says
    Posted April 17, 2017

Such a gorgeous spring look!

3. Pam says
    Posted April 17, 2017

What is the your opinion of the best matte shadow brand ?

4. Andrea O. says
    Posted April 17, 2017

Do you recommend cream eyeshadow over powder? I just started wearing eyeshadow and was unsure. Thank you!

5. Ashley says
    Posted April 17, 2017

What kind of eyeshadow primer do you recommend to put under this?

6. Posted April 17, 2017

What a gorgeous, minimal look!

7. Laura Goodman says
    Posted April 17, 2017

Do you use any of the MAC paint pots w/ shimmer or color? I love the way painterly stay put and have recently been tempted to try something with a little shimmer or color for a simple summer look.

8. AA says
    Posted April 17, 2017

Hi Kate, What is your nail color in these photos? Thanks!

9. Posted April 17, 2017

That caramel color is gorgeous and the perfect neutral with just a little sparkle!!

10. Jessica says
    Posted April 17, 2017

Gosh this is gorgeous! Running out to Target today to grab some!

11. Dana says
    Posted April 17, 2017

I love your nail color. Is that one from your recent blog about polish?

• Amanda says
      Posted April 18, 2017

Love this look! Could you tell me what blush you are wearing?

Thanks!!

Amanda

12. Kay says
    Posted April 17, 2017

That cream eyeshadow looks amazing! I have only tried the Maybeline Tattoo Line and I need some more in my life <3

13. Sylvana says
    Posted April 17, 2017

Kate, benefit has a beautiful copper cream shadow called my two cents. It’s so pretty on!

14. Darrelyn Kelley says
    Posted April 17, 2017

I love it when you share makeup products you have tried. It gives me an idea of what may work for me. I see all the colors and different types of makeup in the store and I can get lost. You help to narrow it down for me. Thank you!!

15. claire says
    Posted April 17, 2017

These Revlon cream shadows have a very good formula and some of the shades are not crazy pigmented which can be good for beginners or for someone who wants a more soft look ! i really like these and this color is gorgeous.
    clairetalksbeauty.com

16. Posted April 18, 2017

Cream eyeshadows are perfect for holidays and summer, and paired with the coral lip you are showing us it looks like something I would wear a lot.

Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

17. Posted April 18, 2017

This color is so beautiful, I absolutely love blondes with coral makeup. haha It’s my favorite 🙂

Great post!
    XOX Lauren

18. Michele says
    Posted April 18, 2017

Can you show us some cream blush and techniques for applying it? I’d love to try it but am overwhelmed when I look at it in the store.

19. Nicole says
    Posted April 18, 2017

I just got this the other day! It’s the BEST so much better than my typical powder shadow. So less messy. Lasts forever!!!!

20. Erin G says
    Posted April 19, 2017

Love this. A year ago a makeup artist turned me onto Maybeline Color Tattoo in a pot. It stays on all day and never creases. You should check it out!

21. Angela Mielke says
    Posted April 19, 2017

Is there a color in the Tarte Happy Girl palette that would do the same? I don’t wear make up super often so I don’t want to buy another product (yes I know it’s cheap, but they add up).

Also, I have wider set eyes so the usual makeup trick of adding a darker shade at the outer corners actually makes them look further apart….would love to see some tutorials that address this. (I’ll volunteer myself if you want a little vacay in Panama City Beach).

22. Jessica says
    Posted April 21, 2017

On your Instagram stories a couple days ago, you posted about an under eye concealer that you loved before you went to the gym. What was it?

23. Olga says
    Posted April 22, 2017

My favorite kind of colour! A little pink, a little brown, a little golden! Looks lovely!

24. Becky says
    Posted April 25, 2017

After reading this post, I went out and bought this eyeshadow and I love it!

25. Posted June 8, 2017

Tenho descoberto equipamento bastante indefinido e também gostaria de adquirir um tanto que verdadeiramente seja eficaz, para não perder as
    oportunidades de matar as pragas. http://www.yfzz.net/space-uid-535578.html

26. Posted June 23, 2017

Je pourrais vous transfrer les url pour plus dde miniatures surr cette question.
    Ecrivez moi simplement

27. Dawn says
    Posted August 9, 2017

I really like cream eyeshadow since it’s easy to use and travel friendly