I got another Trunk from Trunk Club

I ordered another Trunk from Trunk Club! There was a lot more included in the box than pictured above, but I wanted to take a quick photo of a stack of tops before I started trying them all on!

This is such a fun service, I really can’t say enough great things. You may have seen my post last month about Trunk Club, which included a fun video sponsored by Trunk Club, but this second box + post is not sponsored in any way. I genuinely can say this is the best curated at-home try on clothing service I’ve tried. I’ve been a bit disappointed in the quality of some of the clothes from StitchFix, and started receiving more misses than hits. And while I’ve gotten a few good boxes from Evereve’s Trendsend, it still feels a bit of a stretch for my typical style.

Trunk Club, and my stylist Ari, has really been right up my alley, style wise. I asked my stylist for some new tops to take on Justin and my trip to Lake Tahoe later this month. She sent some nice blouses and also some chunky and warm sweaters. It was fun to try everything on, and she even sent a pair of jeans that matched the exact style I was looking for in my head — ripped at the knee, skinny jeans. I love that the $25 investment in the box goes toward any item(s) that you purchase, so those jeans were the first thing I set aside in the “keep” pile.

I loved the opening in the back of this sweater. And it’s definitely the thickest and chunkiest sweater I’ve tried on this season. It’s a little bit itchy to me, so I’m still thinking about this one.

The Joie blouses were VERY tempting, but just a bit too far out of my comfort zone in price for a top.

I was really looking for sweaters and a pair of jeans, so the variety in tops was fun to try on but I chose to send a lot back just because I didn’t need them. I’m going to wait a bit and schedule another trunk for mid to late spring, to add some fresh, lighter pieces to my wardrobe!

If you haven’t tried it, you should!

p.s. Speaking of that Lake Tahoe trip, ever since I got a backpack “diaper bag” for me to carry with the boys’ stuff in it, I’m 100% sold for backpacks during travel. I’ve eyeing this sleek grey one for the trip!

In this post:

1. Andrea says
    Posted January 5, 2017

I need to try this asap! I tried Stitch Fix many times and it’s ok. But agree the quality isn’t super great, plus I don’t care for the off brands they use. Really love that last blouse on you!! Also love Joie but I look for deals so I never pay full price. 🙂

2. Courtney says
    Posted January 5, 2017

Not in any way sponsored or solicited, but have you heard of Lily Jade diaper bags? They look like purses, have a removable ‘baby bag’ for when you’re not with the kids, and convert to backpacks. I use mine for work during the week and then put in the baby bag on the weekends, and now I’m 100% sold on backpack-carry as well.

3. Danon says
    Posted January 5, 2017

You look so cute in everything! I love shopping for myself, so that type of service is probably not for me (plus, item pricing is probably higher with those services so they can provide the service and make a little profit). It would be awesome for somebody who didn’t love shopping though. By the way, the website redesign is beautiful!

• Sarah O says
      Posted January 5, 2017

I agree! Half the fun of getting a new item is finding it! And I never pay full price for anything. So I can’t imagine something like that would be a good fit for me.

I like the white sweater..but with little ones not the most practical.

4. Hailee Rutherford says
    Posted January 5, 2017

What brand are those jeans? I love the dark shade!

5. Monika says
    Posted January 5, 2017

I am glad it’s working out for you. I am waiting for my first Trunk (should arrive today). To be honest, I am not impressed so far. After talking to my stylist, she prepared my first Trunk. I logged in to review it, and I was hugely disappointed. She included two pairs of jeans after I told her I’m looking for pants other than denim. Loose tops, when I said I prefer fitted clothing. Also, 95% of the pieces are in the $200 range, which is way above what I can afford. I did tell my stylist I’m on the budget. She did make adjustments after I commented on the pieces she picked for me, but unfortunately I’m not expecting to keep any of them.

• Joni says
      Posted January 5, 2017

I felt the same way when I ordered a trunk. I had specified the lower end price range but most of what I was sent was well over my price range. I also said that I prefer fitted clothing and only one item was fitted, everything else was very loose. I did keep one dress and sent everything else back. I don’t think I’d do another one.

6. Stephanie says
    Posted January 5, 2017

I really enjoy when you post about your Trunk Club items and all the pics! Really tempting me to try it out!

7. Jenny says
    Posted January 5, 2017

You would look great in a straight leg or boot cut jean!

• katie says
      Posted January 6, 2017

completely agree! I’m not being a hater but you’ve got a good body and these jeans are doing nothing for your figure.

8. Posted January 5, 2017

Your’s is the second post I’ve seen about Trunk Club today. I’ve been on the fence about it for so long. I love Stitch Fix but I like getting more pieces with Trunk Club. I think I’m finally going to give it a try!

9. Jennifer says
    Posted January 5, 2017

If you decide to send your trunk back is the $25 a credit on your account until you order?

Posted January 5, 2017

No, you lose it if you don’t spend it during that trunk.

10. Posted January 5, 2017

Loving the navy blue blouse! I never knew that such a curated service existed – sounds great, especially for busy moms who have little time to get out and shop.

Blush & Pearls by Angela

11. Andrea says
    Posted January 5, 2017

Do they send any kind of accessories? Like jewelry, scarves or bags? With Stitch Fix sometimes those are my only saving grace when I don’t want to lose my credit.

yep!

12. Keisha says
    Posted January 5, 2017

What backpack do you use for a diaper bag? I’m sure you’ve mentioned it here before but I’ve thought about making the switch to a backpack as well and you’re recommendations are on point! Thanks!

13. Liz says
    Posted January 5, 2017

I love Natalie Attired curated boxes. I’ve had 2 so far and have gotten some really gorgeous things in each one. I love that my stylist has really listened to the types of clothing I’m looking for, I live along the coast in Alabama so thick sweaters don’t make much sense for me. I specified that I like to wear layers for the cold office and that’s exactly what she has sent. The quality has been fantastic as well, everything I’ve gotten has held up really well thus far (I’ve worn one pair of pants at least once every week since I’ve gotten them).

14. Shalee says
    Posted January 5, 2017

Love that backpack but I need to have something to store a water bottle on the side. My almost six year old (and husband) are always, always thirsty.

15. Ade Wacker says
    Posted January 5, 2017

I live right near Tahoe if you need any advice on things to do…

16. Pepper says
    Posted January 5, 2017

My husband and I took a 9-day trip to Italy when I was 31 weeks pregnant. Since I couldn’t do the heavy lofty, we decided to take a hiking pack instead of rolling bags. Best decision we’ve ever made. We’re never taking bulky suitcases again!

17. Erica Blackmon says
    Posted January 5, 2017

I ordered a Trunk after your last post and absolutely loved it! I actually received the same crosswalk sweater in white and the light blue blouse! Loved both of them so they stayed. My favorite part was being able to speak to the stylist and see what she had picked out first.

18. Sofia says
    Posted January 5, 2017

Debating trying it! It looks like so much fun and not as costly as other ones I’ve seen. I definitely love that green sweater with the split back!

xo, Sofia

19. Jaime says
    Posted January 5, 2017

I love the second cream too/sweater on you! Classic ;). Thanks for sharing.

20. Posted January 6, 2017

Kate! I am typically not one for baby blue…but that shirt looks so pretty on you…that I would actually wear it myself!

21. Kirsti says
    Posted January 6, 2017

That sweater you find slightly itchy, might not be as bad in a super cold climate. If it’s wool, it tends not to be quite as bad when it’s really cold? Or wear a tshirt underneath, sometimes that helps! It’s definitely cute enough to keep if the itchy can be fixed, because that is the worst!

22. Shanna says
    Posted January 6, 2017

Everyone!
    Le Tote never gets any love!
    Seriously check it out! You PICK the clothes and WEAR the clothes and send back what you don’t want.

You also get unlimited totes for a monthly flat fee.

• Shanna says
      Posted January 6, 2017

Ohhh! I also have free totes promo codes (or however they work it) to give out to people to try. DM me on IG: shanna8000

23. Kelly says
    Posted January 7, 2017

Kate- you are beautiful! The white sweater is very flattering. Love it!

24. Mel says
    Posted January 7, 2017

Soooo cute!! You look amazing in every outfit!!

Mel | http://www.thegossipdarling.com

25. Posted January 7, 2017

Those options look really great, and they all look like they fit your style. I wish they shipped to Canada, I’d love to test it out!

26. Coupons says
    Posted January 14, 2017

What brand are those jeans? I love the dark shade!