Growing up in Illinois meant I was no stranger to dry, cracked skin and static hair. Since moving south neither of those issues have been as bad as they used to be, but I still battle dryness throughout the winters here.
I’ve tried a few new products to help with that, and also have 2 tried and true products that are practically irreplaceable!
- Origins Three Part Harmony. This is an oil-infused serum that I apply to my face after I remove my makeup in the evening. It melts into my skin and doesn’t leave me looking shiny or feeling like I have a layer of waxiness on my skin. It’s a great lightweight moisturizer that delivers serious hydration!
- Bite Agave Lip Treatment. I’ve only forgotten this tube on ONE trip since I discovered it years ago. It’s the absolute best lip balm, and I slather a good bit on every single night.
- True Blue Spa (found at Bath and Body Works) Super Rich Foot Cream. My feet are horrifically dry. I have a literal TOOL that I use to slough off the dryness so I don’t hear my feet against my sheets in my bed. That’s right, I said hear. This cream smells like peppermint and makes my feet feel almost as soft as newborn feet.
- I’ve been using Philosophy Fresh Cream as my body moisturizer for a long time, as I love the light scent, but I do find that I need a little heavier formula on really dry days. The Lavanila Healthy Body Butter in Pure Vanilla smells like a vanilla dream and moisturizes my skin for a full 24 hours.
- I received this Kerastase Resistance Cement Thermique Blowdry Primer as a gift from the brand a few weeks ago, and love this serum! It helps repair my dry, damaged hair and also cuts a bit of blow dry time. It’s not necessarily formulated for DEEP hydration (this would be a good one for that if your hair feels like straw), but the repairing aspect of it helps my hair feel less dry and fragile.
I welcome the cooler temperatures and crisp air versus the stifling humidity of the south, and these products have made the wintertime a bit easier on my skin and hair.