Simple and Natural Eyebrows

eyebrows-2

(my lipstick is Burt’s Bees Fuscia Flood)

eyebrows

Eyebrows have gotten more and more important in the past few years, though I think any makeup artist would argue that they have always been important, they just sort of took center stage more recently.

I feel like we’ve come away from the really crazy over-done brows that looked too heavy and too fake, and we’re leaning more toward natural but still fuller brows.

I don’t have too much to work with in the eyebrow department, but I thought I’d show you a simple process for filling in my brows. It’s what I do every day!

My favorite eyebrow pencil is the Hourglass Arch brow pencil in shade Platinum Blonde.

eyebrows-3

Other options for filling in brows include powders, gels, thinner pencils, and even pens! Trying a few different products will help you determine which method you like best. For now I’m sticking to the angled pencil!

Get some DIY brow waxing tips here and more eyebrow-filling tips here!

1. Catherine says
    Posted July 14, 2016

I love this look! You look great with that pink lip. 🙂

2. Melissa G says
    Posted July 14, 2016

About 10 years ago I started filling in my brows on the recommendation of the lady at Bare Minerals store. I used their powder. About a year ago I started trying different pencils. I love the look of them but quite honestly, they don’t last very long at all and get expensive. The little tiny jar of brow powder from BM lasts a couple years!!! I do like how natural this pencil looks on you though. The struggle is real 🙂

LOVE LOVE the lip. Does that brand last on the lips? I drink a ton of water during the day and my cup has a built in straw. Wonder if it’ll survive that?!

• Emily says

Samesies!

What is the lip color!!

its in the post!

3. Alyssa says
    Posted July 14, 2016

Gorgeous! Totally recommending that pencil to my blonde bff.

4. Michele says
    Posted July 14, 2016

I thoroughly appreciate this post. as a result of teasing for my kinda unibtow in high school, I overplucked, causing damage that can’t seem to undo itself. I definitely need some help in the filling area. Despite my dark brows, I use a blonde pencil, because its closest to my color. Is that weird? Do brow pencils tend to run darker than their name implies?

5. Fran says
    Posted July 14, 2016

Love this, I am using a pencil and a brow mascara combo at the moment as mine are a wincy bit sparse! Will have to try hourglass when mine runs out!

6. Jill says
    Posted July 14, 2016

How long does that brow pencil usually last?

All day!

• Meg says
        Posted July 14, 2016

To build on this, how long does the pencil itself last? Like 3 months, 6 months?

• Jill says
        Posted July 14, 2016

How long does the pencil itself last? A month, etc?

• Jill says
      Posted July 14, 2016

How often do you have to buy a new pencil

7. Laurs says
    Posted July 14, 2016

Where can you get that brow pencil?

Posted July 14, 2016

It’s linked in the post! Sephora is where I buy mine.

8. Bethany Vaughan says
    Posted July 14, 2016

Ahhh! Thank you!!! Eyebrows can be so tricky.

9. Heather says
    Posted July 14, 2016

I have seen eyebrows that look like pencil line. Yours look really natural. It’s nice. I have extremely thick brows – a unibrow if I let it go, which I don’t. I have to tweak a little a couple times a week. So I have the opposite issue.

• Lauren says
      Posted July 15, 2016

It’s attached to the pencil–just the opposite end! All in one! ??

10. Lorrie says
    Posted July 14, 2016

What was the name of the tool that you brushed out the lines with at the end?

• Lauren says
      Posted July 15, 2016

It’s attached to the pencil–just the other end. All in one! ??

11. Andrea says
    Posted July 14, 2016

I’ve heard great things about Hourglass’s brow pencil! I’ve been using Anastasia’s Brow Wiz, but I hate the fact that it runs out so quickly! Do you know how it compares to Brow Wiz?

12. Deborah says
    Posted July 14, 2016

Kate – I immediately purchased the Hourglass Platinum Blonde brow pencil when you first mentioned it and I LOVE it. It really is the perfect ashy shade and such a nice look vs. brown or taupe for blondes.

Thanks for the tutorial!!

13. Masha Taylor says
    Posted July 14, 2016

Hi! I love your blog and follow along almost daily and definitely have followed your beauty recs and they are always amazing, keep it up Kate, you’re the best 🙂
    Quick question – I remember you talking about a camera that you love that connects to wifi and you can post to social media right away and I’ve scoured our your blog and for the life of me cannot find that post. I’m shopping around for a new camera for our family and would love to look into the one that you recommended.
    Thanks!

14. Jill says
    Posted July 14, 2016

How long does the actual pencil last, a month etc?

• Jessica says
      Posted July 15, 2016

• Kathy says
      Posted July 15, 2016

Brow wiz lasts a month. This product lasts more like 3-4 months with everyday use. 🙂

15. Tami says
    Posted July 14, 2016

Thanks for another great post Kate… I have to say I’m loving your hairstyle right now and I need a cut…what do I tell my hairdresser about the layering, etc? Thanks!

16. Susan says
    Posted July 16, 2016

Why did I ever pluck my thick eyebrows in my misguided beauty youth?
    Now I’m reading tips like this. Sigh.

17. Robyn says
    Posted July 16, 2016

My eyebrows all but finished at the arch but last week I had them waxed and tinted.

The difference is amazing.

I have normal no fuss eyebtows for the first time in 66 years.

18. Caitlin says
    Posted July 22, 2016

I love this look! As a red head I struggle with eyebrow pencils or anything honestly looking drawn on because the color is difficult to match with my hair. What color would you recommend for a bright red head? (The auburn color looked too dark)

19. Posted February 15, 2017

Of course, what a splendid blog and revealing posts, I will
    bookmark your website.Best Regards!

20. Posted March 22, 2017

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d definitely
    donate to this superb blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for
    book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to brand new updates and will talk about this website with my Facebook group.
    Chat soon!

21. jake says
    Posted July 31, 2018

Semi-permanent synthetic hairs help redefine eyebrows by filling in gaps and scarring, full reconstruction, or just adding thickness for an overall fuller brow. For more info visit beautybyjudyli.com

22. Posted November 6, 2018

The color of a pencil is good for you, but I would work on shape a bit more. You are right about crazy overdone brows, natural look that highlights our beauty is the best. I really like brow shadows by Anastasia Beverly Hills, using lighter shade at the beginning of your brows and a darker shade on the tail creates a very natural look. You are a classic beauty!