Lime Popsicles

After making my husband a Key Lime Pie for his birthday (I didn’t use actual Key Limes, I just grabbed whatever limes my grocery store has), I’ve been on a huge lime kick. Prior to actually making his pie, I had never really enjoyed Key Lime Pie, but now I crave it!

In my hunt for more easy lime-incorporated recipes, I found this one for key lime popsicles. Again, didn’t go through the hassle of trying to get actual key limes, but you get the point!

SAMSUNG CSC

As it turned out, the boys loved ’em.

I didn’t want to make enormous popsicles so I found small silicone candy molds at Michaels that were the perfect size. After doing some thinking about how to get the stick in one end, I decided to try piercing one end of the mold and sliding a lollipop stick into the mold to see how that would work.

IMG_5326

It worked really well. Only one tore as I was pushing the stick in, but I think I was just rushing. If you don’t have to rush, piercing the end with the very tip of a sharp knife will provide enough of a hole for you to slip the lollipop stick through.

SAMSUNG CSC

“Key” Lime Popsicles recipe can be found here! They are rich and creamy so just a small popsicle is perfect!

SAMSUNG CSC

More fun recipes here and here!

1. ashlye says
    Posted June 15, 2016

I highly recommend investing in a Zoku (no affiliation with this company) silicone ice pop maker!! Your boys would love the cute shapes and they are the perfect serving size for small children. (We have a set of round minis and one with the cutest sea creatures: seals, walrus, orca, scuba diver, fish, etc). You simply pour fruit juice, yogurt, pudding, jello, whatever into the molds, place the inserts on top and freeze. The ice pops come out beautifully every time and clean-up is an absolute breeze. These are not the “instant” Zoku popsicle makers that only take a few seconds, but rather molds, so you’ll need to wait a few hours, but from my experience, they freeze very quickly. I was on the fence about buying one of these for years, but I promise they are much easier than the method you are using (not trying to be critical, just sharing my mom experience ?). You can get these on Amazon or the Zoku website (www.zokuhome.com)

2. Laura says
    Posted June 15, 2016

I have these popsicle molds – they are awesome because they are small in size, perfect for my little ones! And bottom catches drips so they don’t become a sticky mess. Plus, the ring aspect is fun for my two girly girls. 🙂 https://www.amazon.com/Tovolo-Jewel-Pop-Molds-Set/dp/B001WAKDMW
    Thanks for sharing the recipe – I love lime, so can’t wait to try!

3. Posted June 15, 2016

Great idea! Lime just scerams summer 🙂 Love that you found the perfect sized molding too.

4. Natalie says
    Posted June 15, 2016

Thanks for sharing the recipe- it looks delicious and I’m definitely going to give it a try! I always enjoy when you share recipes 🙂 I also have the Zoku popsicle molds and I highly recommend them! The sea creature set is adorable and perfect size for children. Last summer I made nutella popsicles (nutella and chocolate milk) and they were SO good! Thanks for being so genuine, nice, and funny-and I love your snapchats 🙂

5. Alyssa says
    Posted June 15, 2016

Great idea! It looks so refreshing! I might have to try this for myself. Sometimes I crave a popsicle, but don’t want a huge one.

6. Jen S. says
    Posted June 15, 2016

Wow!!! These look amazing and so delicious! I was just thinking of making popsicles for my lil’ ones and couldn’t decide on a flavour…so nice timing! And I love the molds!! My husband will love them too as he loves key like pie. Thanks for sharing?‼️

• Jen S. says

Oops. Key *lime* pie. How embarrassing??‼️

7. Krystie says
    Posted June 15, 2016

Thank you for sharing..I will have to make these soon for my 2 little ones! I have been on a lime kick lately too. I recently found a recipe on Pinterest for Brazilian lemonade (which uses limes instead of lemons), and it is so good! Here is a link, if you’re interested. 🙂

8. Molly says
    Posted June 15, 2016

FYI key limes are not hard to find or work with. I live in the North and my Walmart sells them, they come in a bag and are not particularly expensive. You might want to look for them as the flavor is unique.

9. Melissa says
    Posted June 15, 2016

Oh my gosh Luke is such a chunk! I wish I could reach through my computer screen and snuggle his cute baby rolls. <3

10. Angie says
    Posted June 15, 2016

As I am in the middle of morning sickness (yuck), these sound absolutely wonderful! I can’t wait to try!

11. Susan says

Too cute!!!!
    I’ll be making these for my big boys.

12. Andrea says
    Posted June 15, 2016

Your boys are too cute! I love how refreshing lime is during the summer! These are perfect!

13. Ana says
    Posted June 15, 2016

Great idea about making a hole for the Popsicle sticks. Do you mind me asking when you got those sticks from? I have some silicone molds at home collecting dust, would love the try this hack!

• Ana says

Oh boy, I meant to ask “where”. Slippery fingers

• Krystie says

I got the same ones at Michael’s. 🙂

• Ana says
          Posted June 16, 2016

Thanks! I’m going to check out Michaels tomorrow

14. Laurel says
    Posted June 15, 2016

Can’t wait to try! I just got some Popsicle molds in my summer fabfitfun box!

15. Jessica says
    Posted June 15, 2016

These look great except I am kind of scared of how much sugar is in them!

16. Jessica says
    Posted June 16, 2016

Wasn’t it hard to get them out of the molds with the stick going through a hole?

• Melanie says
      Posted June 18, 2016

Not Kate, but I’m guessing that since it’s a silicon mold, it’s flexible and you just peel it away from the popsicle and just push the stick the rest of the way through the hold.

17. Jess says
    Posted June 17, 2016

How did you get them out?