Face Frame Braids Hair Tutorial

faceframebraids-2

The more active my life, the more I find myself looking for alternative ways to get my hair off my face. This tutorial is also great for anyone who sweats a lot when they work out, as the hairline is usually the hardest part of the hair to recover from a sweaty workout if you cannot wash your hair.

So, create a few face frame braids, pull it back, and you are finished!

faceframebraids-3

faceframebraids-4

faceframebraids

My earrings are from Rebecca Gough, and my tank is Old Navy.

For more recent hair tutorials, check out theย 3 Step Fancy Half Upย andย how to flat iron your hair and maintain volume!

1. kate says
    Posted June 7, 2016

Not a good look for you.

Posted June 7, 2016

I kindly disagree but you are free to express your opinion, despite it being incredibly rude.

• Stacie says
        Posted June 7, 2016

It’s funny that someone thinks their opinion matters enough to go out of their way to be rude. Some people have no manners.

• Joanna says
        Posted June 7, 2016

Kate, some people are so rude! I enjoy all of your posts, you always look great, are funny, and give great reviews and tutorials! Your snapchats make me laugh throughout the day when I am home with my two little girls!

• Cindy says
        Posted June 7, 2016

Love you reply Kate. Wow, at almost 59 years old, still shocks me when people are rude. You look like a doll with these braids. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Joanna Genter Ferrel says
      Posted June 7, 2016

? what? Sorry Kate. The internet strikes again. You look lovely as always. Thanks for the tutorial. I’ve been trying to nail down this look for a few weeks.

• Stacie says
      Posted June 7, 2016

Well, that’s a personal opinion and one that was unnecessary to share.

• Teri says

You are rude.

• Aimee says
      Posted June 7, 2016

Who says something like that? Gotta love the Internet mean girls!
      Love you, Kate! xoxo

2. Debbie says
    Posted June 7, 2016

This looks like a good idea for working out/being active. Congrats on keeping personal activity/exercise a part of your life. I’m trying to be more cognizant of a truer notion of self-care and self-compassion–including exercise and kind words–especially, as that first commented so disgracefully demonstrated, the world can be so full of the negative. Keep it up!

3. Lisa says
    Posted June 7, 2016

Lovely! I briefly saw your post on FB before getting ready for work, and took that as inspiration to do a braided sides-up look, which is essentially the same thing now that I’ve watched the video. Quick and easy! Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Teri says
    Posted June 7, 2016

I just want to be clear, Kate from The Things is not rude. The first comment was extremely rude. (her name happens to be Kate)

5. Teri says
    Posted June 7, 2016

I just want to be clear, Kate from The Small Things is not rude. The first comment was extremely rude. (her name happens to be Kate)

6. Katrina says
    Posted June 7, 2016

Thank you so much for all of your posts! I’ve learned so much about hair and makeup. I do like your hair in this post. ๐Ÿ™‚ And the earrings! Perfect! I just ordered myself a pair!! ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Page Miller says
    Posted June 7, 2016

What a great, quick way to hide a sweaty hairline in a pinch!

8. Dawn says
    Posted June 7, 2016

You have been inspiring for months now. Thank you for the great tutorials!!! Love this style!!

9. Courtney says
    Posted June 7, 2016

I was so excited to see a new hair tutorial- you look beautiful as always! Thanks for sharing!

10. June says
    Posted June 7, 2016

Kate, you are beautiful no matter how you do your hair! I love your tutorials!

11. Gwen Montague says
    Posted June 7, 2016

The green eyed monster strikes again………You look lovely as usual, Thanks for the inspiring tutorials:) Glad you keep it classy and ignore obviously rude, “jelly” people.You are the best!

12. Jen S. says
    Posted June 7, 2016

Geez, who peed in her cornflakes this morning? Whatever happened to the old adage “if you have nothing good to say, don’t say it all” concept?

This is a great style for the gym or hot days! I love it and will for sure be using it this week at some point??. Thanks for your great posts – especially the last few!

Posted June 7, 2016

Unfortunately I think that adage doesn’t exist behind the computer screen! ๐Ÿ™ Thanks Jen!

13. Cheryl says
    Posted June 7, 2016

Such a pretty hairstyle! Thank you for the tutorial. I’m always looking for ways to get my hair out of my face without it looking ho hum. This is a really great idea!

14. Teri says
    Posted June 7, 2016

Cute look! I’m growing my hair out, so I can’t wait to be able to use your tutorials. Thanks!!!

15. Heather says
    Posted June 7, 2016

Hi Kate! Sorry, I couldn’t tell… Did you tie the ends of the braids together in the back like a shoelace? Well, without the bunny ear part of a shoelace, but you get what I mean ?

• Jessica says
      Posted June 7, 2016

Did you watch the video? She says in the video that she uses a clear elastic hair tie….

16. Amy says
    Posted June 7, 2016

You are beautiful! I started reading your blog in 2012 while I was in college, and still read it now every day. You are hilarious and your kids are freakin adorable. I’d go crazy with the negativity you deal with, but you handle it gracefully. Much better than I could. haha.
    I love this hairstyle! When my hair grows out more I’ll have to try it.

17. Dana says
    Posted June 7, 2016

Super cute! Love it for summer!

18. Lauren says
    Posted June 7, 2016

Your boys in their robes, being super cute, made my day! I think my little boy may need
    a robe now.. Thanks for the funny snaps, helpful periscopes and blog!

19. Posted June 8, 2016

I love braids, especially in the summer!

Brittany | thechicette.com

20. TC says
    Posted June 8, 2016

Hey Kate! Have you heard of ABraThatFits? It’s a subreddit and I think they could help you in your journey from SnapChat! http://www.reddit.com/r/abrathatfits. It’s lifechanging to know your correct size!

21. Andrea says
    Posted June 8, 2016

I love this look! So perfect for the summer! I love how it doesn’t have to be super neat, but more tosseled for that beachy vibe!

22. Ingeborg says
    Posted June 8, 2016

i really like this braided look. But I don’t seem to get the first bit as it is supposed to be. At the base or near my parting, de strands twist or turn the wrong way.. Do you have any tips on how i can get it how so its right? Love from the Netherlands

23. Mel says
    Posted June 9, 2016

I really love braids. So easy and looks good during the warmer months!!

Mel | http://www.thegossipdarling.com

24. Danielle Fisher says
    Posted June 11, 2016

This hairstyle is gorgeous as are you, Kate with and without makeup and/or pretty braids!! โค๏ธ Love what you do to help women with hair and makeup tips while being real and kind hearted! God bless!!

25. Ashli says