My Hair Is . . . Fine + Limp

Over the next few weeks, I will be starting a new series called “My Hair Is…”, where I will focus on specific hair types and give recommendations for styling products & general hair fixes. This is the first post in that series for fine & limp hair. If you have a specific hair type you would like me to address, leave a comment & let me know!

MHI_fineandlimp

fine

Fine and/or limp hair usually requires a bit of testing in order to discover the perfect balance of products. You don’t want to apply TOO many things because it will end up weighing limp hair down, but you need a little something to help support the style. I always lean towards mousses versus creams or heavier volumizing products for fine hair.

My all-time favorite is, of course, Aquage Uplifting Foam. And I’ve really enjoyed the life I can get on my own hair from the Living Proof Full Shampoo. Other shampoos that are great for adding volume are Pureology Pure Volume, Redken Body Full and Kenra even makes a Thickening Shampoo now!

For all over lift, try Pureology Levitation Mist or Kevin Murphy Anti.Gravity.Spray. Both are fantastic for delivering fluff to the middle of your hair.

Try a flexible hairspray like Living Proof Flex Shaping Hairspray when you are curling your hair to help hold the curls. Or spray a bit at the roots if you are flat ironing it to add an extra pop!

Finally, a stronger hairspray can really help keep your hair from totally melting mid-day, so try Kenra Volume 25 Hairspray. It’s a strong hold, but it’s layerable and really forgiving!

Fine & Limp_edited-1

one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine

For more tips for fine hair, read this post for a haircut focus & this one for styling.

1. Rachel says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I would love to see a post for thick and coarse hair!

• Lindsey G says
      Posted April 6, 2016

Yes!! Thick, course, and dry…which often means frizzy especially by the part. Would love advice on this!

• Natalie says

Me too!!!

• sarcar says
        Posted April 6, 2016

I agree w the frizzy part especially!

• Caitlin says

ME TOO! 😀

• Lee Ann says
      Posted April 7, 2016

Yes! Thick, coarse hair please!!!

• Amy says
        Posted April 15, 2016

Yes! Thick, coarse, dry, frizzy.. please!

2. Samantha Stegenga says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I have baby fine hair that is always pretty flat and fits into the category “limp & lifeless” . What conditioner would you recommend? I find that some volumizing conditioners can actually weigh my hair down?

• Tamara says
      Posted April 7, 2016

I’ve been using an argan oil spray on/leave in conditioner for months now and I like it; I have stick straight fine hair (but a lot of it)

• Caitlan says
      Posted April 11, 2016

I second this question! I’ve tried Aargon oil amd it makes my hair too greasy!

• Michelle says
      Posted April 13, 2016

This might sound crazy, but I started using conditioner first, mostly on my ends. Comb through it with your fingers and it won’t get snarly even after you’re done washing it. Let it sit while you do the rest of your shower. Then, shampoo your hair, concentrating on the roots. This keeps my hair from being too weighed down and I have had zero issues with getting it clean!

• Steph says
      Posted April 21, 2016

Hi! I have fine, thin hair too and I’ve been using the companion conditioner to Redken’s Body Full JUST mid-shaft to ends to help keep the ends healthy. Once a week (usually Sunday…) I’ll put coconut oil on my whole head for a few hours to make sure the rest of my hair gets a heavy conditioning treatment. Works for me–maybe it’ll work for you too!

3. Lauren says
    Posted April 6, 2016

This is great! I have fine, but thick hair if that makes sense. I liked the aquage, and should prob. get some more to have on hand. I also love the Kenra spray. It’s a must for me! I will say, the Redken Body Full was horrible for my hair. It left it so dry and damaged looking I couldn’t use it. I’m curious to try the Pureology levitation mist. Thanks for sharing!

• Carol Maier says
      Posted April 6, 2016

My hair dresser told me I have a lot of hair but it is fine in texture and on top of that it tends to frizz. I mostly straighten my hair but love to know how to use the wave I have.

• Deb says
        Posted April 7, 2016

Check out the forum on naturallycurly.com. There’s a ton of info on how to handle curly or wavy hair.

• Kimberly says
      Posted May 10, 2016

Ditto! I’d love to see a tutorial on baby fine, no texture hair, but a lot of it!! It doesn’t do much. I can’t get it to hold a curl, and frustrated as I’d love to wear my hair long but it gets so heavy and clings to my head!

4. Stephanie says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Wavy and flat hair that doesn’t get any lift

• Branna says

I second this!

• Julie L says

I third this! 🙂 The wave isn’t even a cute wave, it’s frizzy. 😛

5. Stacey says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I have really thick, straight, but fine hair. Bobby pins slide right out and my hair doesn’t like curl or updo’s. 🙁

• Hannah says
      Posted April 6, 2016

Yes I have fine, thick hair that falls flat with almost everything. It’s always lifeless

• Heather says
        Posted April 8, 2016

Me three! LOTS of fine, mostly straight hair that holds a curl for about 3 seconds and can’t get any lift unless it’s teased into a bird nest…

6. Christina says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Please please do a post on colored, dry, wavy hair. Most products are for either limp hair or curly hair with no in between. Because it is colored and wavy it is very dry. I use a mask and only wash twice a week. Would love some additional tips from a pro!!

• Beth says
      Posted April 6, 2016

Christina, I have colored, wavy hair, and I have fallen in LOVE with Living Proofs curl line. (Conditioning wash, and detangling rinse.) have you ever tried that? It’s been a life savor for my hair. If you go to living proofs site they have a few hair tutorials. I also sleep on a satin pillow case, and use a microfiber towel for drying. All of these things put together have rescued my hair. For styling products I use living proofs curling mousse and a volumizing oil by innersence (sp?). Also, I never blow dry my hair, but either allow to air dry or use a a diffuser. It has taken me years to figure all of this out for my hair and to be able to enjoy my hair in its natural form instead of blow drying and straightening it like I did for years! Hopefully this helps you a bit! Sorry if I’m butting in on your conversation with Kate! I’m sure she will have some awesome pro advice as well!

• Jena says
        Posted April 6, 2016

Thanks for your reply to Christina, Beth! I enjoyed reading what works for you.

7. Arijana C. says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Aquage Uplifting foam and Kenra saved my hair!!! I absolutely love the two products and use them on a daily basis. Thank you for recommending the products

8. Meg Dozer says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Baby fine silky hair but a lot of it and wavy.also long hair!!!

9. Krystie says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Great idea for a blog post! My hair is thick and heavy..if I let it air dry, I end up with frizzy curls…but if I try to blow dry and curl it myself, it is too heavy and falls flat. Any tips for me?

• Megan says
      Posted April 6, 2016

Me too! Thick and corse and wavy but not curly. Basically a mess lol. Then add to it I live in Florida! Hellllloooooo frizz

• Amanda says

Me too! And growing up in Florida–I can relate. It’s like, confused hair

10. Jennifer says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I would love to see one for my hair. My hair is thick, curly, frizzy. THanks!

• Amanda says
      Posted April 6, 2016

same here! please help!!!!!

• Nicole says

I AGREE!!

• Kimberly T. says
      Posted April 14, 2016

Yup, mine, too, thick and curly. I would love some suggestions.

11. Posted April 6, 2016

This is a great idea! I would love to see something on extra thick, coarse, wavy hair.

• Ingrid says
      Posted April 6, 2016

This is me too! love that you are doing this Kate! Syle ideas for thick med length hair would also be great.

12. Kelsey O says
    Posted April 6, 2016

fine hair but a lot of it 🙂

13. Katie Novy says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I have curly hair and would really like help with day two style….I’m so jealous of everyone who is able to pull this off.

• Amber says

• Jessica says

Me too!

• Kelsey says
      Posted April 6, 2016

I agree!!! Any tips about naturally curly hair would be great 🙂

• Colby says
      Posted April 6, 2016

Yes! If you could address how to wear hair naturally curly day 2 that would be amazing 🙂

14. Hannah says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Kevin Murphy Anti-Gravity is the BOMB! It’s the only volumizer that has EVER worked for me. I’m excited that you included it!

15. Margot says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Would love some help with fine hair but lots of it (crazy thick ponytail)

• Bonnie says
      Posted April 25, 2016

Yes me too! LOTS of hair and it has a natural wave. However it is fine and can get frizzy instead of bringing out the natural texture.

16. Elizabeth says
    Posted April 6, 2016

This series is a great idea! I’ve used a couple of these products and your suggestions have been on point for helping me achieve more volume. I can’t wait to try a few new recommendations from today’s list!

17. Katie says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Oh I am going to love this series!!! I can’t wait for wavy, thick, and frizzy!! =)

18. Anna Lyon says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I have thick and heavy hair…hard to curl it without looking like a poodle! :/

19. Elizabeth says
    Posted April 6, 2016

What a fun series!! I love this. I hope you will cover women who have fine hair but a lot of it. I am a natural blonde with natural wavy/curly hair. I always described myself as having thick hair. It’s actually very fine hair strands but I have a LOT of hair.

20. Andrea says
    Posted April 6, 2016

My hair is fine and frizzy

• Kay_3 says
      Posted April 6, 2016

I second this one! I have no problem achieving volume with my fine & somewhat thin hair because of its wavy texture. Love the waves, not the frizz! Most silicone and oil based products are way to heavy for my naturally fine oily hair.

21. Natalie says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Thick and wavy!! (And that gets frizzy in the humidity)

• Elle says
      Posted April 6, 2016

Ugh yes! Humidity is my enemy.
      There were a lot of comments for coarse hair, and but mine isn’t coarse, it’s just thick and wavy (not curly).

22. Melissa A says
    Posted April 6, 2016

It would seriously be awesome if you could do one for hair that is oily. Sometimes even dry shampoo on day two hair just won’t cut it.

• DD says

I second this!

• Amy W says
        Posted April 10, 2016

Me too!

23. Carrie Talbott says
    Posted April 6, 2016

My hair is thick and wavy/curly but fine and frizzes very easily! I always have lots of flyaways around my hairline and just in general. I feel like most curly hair is corse but mine is not so styling it can be tricky!!

24. Jillian says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I have naturally curly hair and would love some styling tips! I would like to be able to take a break from daily use of hot tools, but every time I ’embrace my curls’ I feel sloppy and childish. Thanks, I am so excited about this new series!

25. Glenda says
    Posted April 6, 2016

My hair is wavy, thick, frizzy and dry….I need help with my hair please. Maybe I’ll take a road trip to NC we are in VA. It would be awesome to take pics of real ladies:) love this idea:)

26. Rebecca says
    Posted April 6, 2016

What a great series! I have always had fine, natural wavy/curly hair, but since having kids my hair has lost a lot of its natural curl and is now more limp. I have tried using products to help enhance my curls again, but haven’t had much success. Would love some advice!

27. Leigh says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Styling hair after hormonal hair loss. I’ve lost probably a quarter to a third of my hair after having my last child and it’s as though I have a whole new head of hair and don’t know what to do with it!

28. Amanda says
    Posted April 6, 2016

My daughter (13 yrs old) has a lot of hair that is very thick. It’s curly in the front and wavy in the back. It is also very dry. Any suggests? She is not your typical girl that is into fixing her hair. Very frustrating for a mother that is opposite. 🙁

29. Alex Kiebler says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I have wavy hair (used to be curlier).. If I let it air dry, it’s frizzy and wavy. I add product and use a diffuser and it’s curly but I have to add a lot of gel.

30. Courtney says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I have thick, HEAVY hair that falls flat so easily! Wearing it in a ponytail or bun gives me a headache after a while. It’s a few inches past my shoulders. Bobby pins slide out and it doesn’t want to hold a curl, yet also doesn’t want to stay straight. I’m also dealing with postpartum hair loss, so my hair is just a whole bushel of fun lately ?

31. Kelsey says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Could you expand on the fine hair a bit more as like a lot of ladies have mentioned above, I have fine hair but a lot of it. It’s not necessarily limp because their is so much but it’s definitely fine. Bobby pins don’t stay well. I can’t wear it up because I get an instant headache. It’s long so I try and braid on day two, but it looks so pathetic and severe and falls out. Haha.

32. Isla says
    Posted April 6, 2016

LOVE this concept! I have fine, curly hair. Would love help with how to style on day one so I keep my curls and don’t get frizz (I never blow dry) and on day two or three. It is so challenging to get the knots out and keep the fizz out without wetting so much so you loose the product or brushing/combing out all the curls and loosing the volume.

33. Kris says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I echo the need for help with thick, wavy, frizzy hair, especially how to handle it during the summer and high humidity! Thanks so much Kate.

34. A New Old Fashioned Girl says
    Posted April 6, 2016

My hair is thick and fine, which is really nice for having down and straight. But it never holds a curl and is almost impossible to put up.

35. Jesse says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I also would love a post on thick and course hair! My biggest issue is the blow drying process and not having the end result be HUGE hair with a lot of work using a flat iron to tame the craziness.

36. Sydni says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Love this! I’d love to see something for thick, wavy hair. Particularly what cuts are most flattering! I feel like it always poofs/triangles out at the bottom and is more flat on the top of my head – not pretty!

37. Jennifer says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I love this idea. I’ve always struggled with my hair. I have fine hair but I have A LOT of hair. So it won’t hold a curl or do anything particularly well. So I end up with this large flat mass on top of my head. It takes forever to blow dry but then doesn’t do anything but lay there. Ugh! So frustrating.

38. Gina says
    Posted April 6, 2016

How bout hair over 50? My hair has always been a challenge and I am a hairstylist. 🙂 It is curly however since I am over 80% grey it is now just frizzy. I can not find a thing to just be able to put in it to wear curly and not have it be a big frizz ball—or so gunky that you can’t get your fingers through it and I have tried them all! So yea, frizzy, curly , colored, 50 + hair. 🙂

39. Lauren Z. says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I would love to see a post for thick & wavy (and frizzy/big) hair. 🙂 Thanks!

40. Lily says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Bravo! Can’t wait to hear your suggestions. I’m always on the hunt for the HG products for my hair.

41. Kari says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Another vote for thick, wavy, fine hair!

42. Melinda M. says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Super thick and heavy, coarse and wavy!

43. Ashley says
    Posted April 6, 2016

My hair is flat.. in the back..and goes right along with my flat head.

44. Shannon says
    Posted April 6, 2016

This is perfect timing! I have fine and fairly limp hair. I am also looking for an updated do and love two of the styles in the photos you selected. I would be interested in products for colored hair. I would also love some tips on how to find a new hair dresser and what questions to ask. I have asked some of my friends who live in my area but their recommendations tend to have exceptions – e.g., she is great with color but not great at recommending new hair styles. I need both as working with two different people doesn’t work for my schedule. Thanks!

45. Katy says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Course, thick, naturally straight hair.

46. Courtney says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Love this new series! I always love seeing your product recommendations, and I really appreciate your expertise as a professional hair stylist. My hair is definitely fine, probably medium thick, and falls in to the “lifeless” category because it has zero volume unless I use some sort of product. It’s also very difficult to curl.

I’ve found that I have to be careful with volumizing shampoos and conditioners because they can very quickly dry my hair out. Per Kate’s recommendation, I tried the Pureology Hydrate shampoo and conditioner and I’ve found them to be great for moisturizing without adding weight to my hair. If I need more hydration (thank you, Midwest winters), I go back to the Kenra Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner, even though it weighs my hair down a bit more.

47. Marisha R. says
    Posted April 6, 2016

My hair is thick, frizzy, and heavy.

48. Amber says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Very thick and wavy hair that is prone to frizz.

Also, would love tips on how to manage a day 2 style. I cannot go two days when I wear it wavy. After sleeping on it, it looks awful and unruly.

49. Claire says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Looking forward to this series! I would love to know what products are best for very thick hair about your length with lots of texture. I don’t want my hair to look any bigger than it is, although it’s nice to have some more body at the top.

50. Jackie says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Agree with all the thick hair girls! 🙂 Mine is thick in texture and I have a lot of it. I can scrunch it into waves and let it airdry, but drying and curling is a project!!! Those little duckbill clips are no match since my sections are so heavy–and I love the way my hair looks curled, but since I have to do smaller chunks, it ends up taking AGES.

51. Sarah says
    Posted April 6, 2016

This is an unusual one, but I hope you will consider addressing – coarse but very thin hair. I used to have the typical coarse, thick, curly, frizzy hair that others have mentioned, but due to genetics/medical issues, it has gotten thin and has lost some curl and I really don’t know what to do with it!

52. Katie says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I’ve come to FINALLY find that after testing many of your suggestions for fine thin hair, my go to’s are: Living Proof Full Thickening Cream, Aquage Uplighting Foam, and a light dust of Kenra VOL 20 to finish. I also splash Kenra on before using my iron/wand to add some texture. Thanks for the post Kate!

53. Lynee says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I have very thick, wavy/naturally curly hair. It frizzes as it dries into a giant poof ball. I call it a sheep dog.

54. Jessica says
    Posted April 6, 2016

My hair is fine (but I have a lot of it!), curly and get frizzy easily. I’d love some suggestions for managing it!

55. Jenna says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Great series idea! I have fine, limp hair so this one is perfect!

I also have thin/thinning hair and suffer from major fallout. Any suggestions?

Xo
    Jenna

56. Wendy says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Kate, Redken has discontinued Body Full and its replacement is called Beach Envy and High Rise. Also, I dearly love you but it makes me sad as a fellow professional hair stylist that you link to professional products being sold in unprofessional stores. Please recommend to your readers to ask their stylist or find a salon that carries said brand.

57. Ann says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Love this idea for a series. I have long naturally curly hair that is cork screw curls in some spots and soft waves in others…. uneven natural curl. Any tips, tricks or product suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

58. Kacie M. says
    Posted April 6, 2016

This was perfect timing! My hair has been so limp lately, and has been thinning – or at least, I feel like it has been. It doesn’t puff up as much as it used to anymore, even with teasing. I don’t know if I need a good color-safe cleanser, but some volume products don’t do anything for my hair anymore… including Aquage, sadly. And, the Oscar Blandi mousse that I used to use can no longer be found except on amazon or beauty.com… which is fine, but I like to go out and be able to buy. Anyway… love these products and was planning on getting the Pureology ones today at Ulta with my 20% coupon! I also use the Redken Body Full almost every day.

I probably need a good trim, too… but figure that I would start with some great products first.

59. Lydia says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I loved this post, looking forward to the other posts in the series! I have thin hair, but a lot of it, so by day 2 or 3 of not washing my hair it starts to look lifeless. #hairprobs

60. Lori says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Thanks for this post! I have thin, poker straight hair that is very flat if I do not use mousse, volume spray, and heavy-duty hairspray (ie Freeze and Shine!)

61. Aileen says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I love this new series! I have very thick, heavy hair and would love more tips on how to manage it.

62. Alicia says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Yes! Thick and coarse hair. Not curly but has some waves (but NOT the cute beach you type of waves. Basically I have to straighten it or curl it to smooth it out.

Coarse = some strands of hair have bends and others are totally straight.

I LOVE your hair tutorials but always cry when I see “just use a Bobby pin or two…” I can NEVER just use or two Bobby pins to keep my hair up or in place. There’s just too much hair. Even anything that says section in 3 pieces is like LOL. No.

63. Hannah says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Please do a post on hair that is a combination of fine+frizzy+wavy+curly & very sensitive to humidity. I’ve been trying for years to find something to make hair maintenance easier for me, but haven’t figured it out yet. As a result, almost every day is a bad hair day for me and very much so during the summer or whenever the humidity in the air is up. I always know when it’s going to rain, because my hair will start curling and frizzing even after using a straightening iron and defrizzing products.

64. Kara says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I love this! Please do thick and coarse.

65. maurin says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Please do one on my hair is Colored and like Straw at the bottom! I just got highlights for the first time and can’t figure out why my hair is so dried out on the bottom!

66. Christine says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Any advice on thick hair would be awesome!

67. trisha says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Yes! I have been waiting for this post. I vote for THICK and WAVY hair!!

68. Jessica says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Love this idea for a series of posts! Please do one on thick, long hair!

69. Cherie says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Thanks for the series Kate! I’ll search the blog in case you’ve covered it (though am in Australia and don’t get some brands here) – but am wondering what you suggest for the flyaways? I get a lot after drying and styling. Cruelty-free brands appreciated. Thanks 🙂

70. Posted April 6, 2016

not quite curly enough to wear curly, too much curly to go through the effort of straightening/styling daily.

71. Elle says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Hey, wavy girls. BE PATIENT! I’m sure Kate will cover every type of hair.

72. Judy S says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I have VERY straight and think hair…it starts off good but then about 1/2 way through out the day it just hangs!

73. Ashley says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Thank you Kate for this post! I have fine and limp hair and always struggle with products that don’t leave it hanging and greasy. I will definitely be trying these products out.

74. Mel says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Such an awesome idea!! Love it. My hair has always been thick and curly. Now I’m experiencing hair thinning! I’m always looking for new products to try now. 🙂

Mel | http://www.thegossipdarling.com

• Sarah says
      Posted April 7, 2016

Same here, with thick and curly in the past, now thinning!

75. Sarah F. says
    Posted April 6, 2016

Thick and won’t hold curl!!!!

76. Lori says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I am interested if you have any suggestions for hair care while I’m on chemotherapy. The nurses and doctor say I won’t lose it all but it will just thin. I started out with thick hair and now I very thin hair. How do you care for chemotherapy hair?

77. Laureen says
    Posted April 7, 2016

please consider long, thick and prone to be oily 🙂

78. Martha says

Naturally curly! Please!

79. Sophie says
  80. Lauren says
    Posted April 7, 2016

Hair that refuses to grow if that is a category?

81. Sarah says
    Posted April 7, 2016

I have color treated hair that is thin but I have TONS of it! It looks like my hair is think but the strands are not. Thanks!

82. Emily says
    Posted April 7, 2016

Are there good conditioners for fine hair that you recommend, Kate?

83. Ashley says

Naturally curly hair!

84. Ree B. says

Hello,
    I love your blog! 🙂 I have color treated hair that is fine and limp. Can I use shampoo and conditioner for volume or do I need to specifically use ones that are made for color treated hair?
    Thanks!

85. Jenni says
    Posted April 7, 2016

I love this! I hair is a bit unruly- it’s very thick but dry and frizzy- pretty much a hot mess. Haha! Can’t wait to read about all types of hair though!

86. Laura says
    Posted April 7, 2016

Yay!!! Thanks so much for this!! I already use a few of the products you mentioned and am getting a few more. Any tips for conditioner brands and how to use for fine hair? Love your blog and especially the tutorials!!

87. Jami says
    Posted April 7, 2016

I have a lot of fine hair with a lot of body. I always struggle with my hair being fizzy,and finding products that aren’t to heavy. I”m so jealous of people who can blow dry their hair and its straight! Thanks!

88. Anna says
    Posted April 8, 2016

I would love to hear about thick and frizzy!! I live in the humidity of Florida!!

89. Patti says
    Posted April 8, 2016

Short!

90. Jordan says
    Posted April 8, 2016

Are there any products that you recommend that are more budget friendly for fine/limp hair?

91. Jen says
    Posted April 8, 2016

Kate I would loveee if you could make any helpful recommendations on my hair! It is thick, coarse, frizzy and curly. I occasionally straighten it too. My stylist has said “I could cut your hair for 3 days and you’d still have hair” if that’s any indication! I have 20 month old twins and I’m 25 weeks pregnant with our 3rd sweet baby….so I’m all about simple but feeing good;) While it’s time consuming to straighten my hair I’ve found it makes my mornings easier since i can stretch it a few days longer than curly product styled hair and I feel better about it straight. That being said I’d love to embrace my natural curls if I could just find decent products/styling tips.

92. Branna says
    Posted April 9, 2016

Do you have any videos that show how to style a piecey lob? I am loving this look: https://www.instagram.com/p/BD1mjn_Pj2Q/?taken-by=riawnacapri but I know it will require some work on my hair to get the ends to look that piecey. Plus, I struggle with the curling iron/wand size. If I use a thin wand, it looks like shirley temple curls but if I use a fatter one, I have a hard time getting the hair to wrap around it enough to create the look I’m going for. Most of your tutorials now are on longer length hair, so maybe I just missed something for this length. Any help would be appreciated! Both product and tools to use!

93. Katie says
    Posted April 9, 2016

Kate, this is the best! Thanks so much for doing this! I love your tutorials and am always disappointed when my hair doesn’t cooperate! Have most of these products ( just need to use them)?

94. Lisa Hays says
    Posted April 10, 2016

I will read every hair post you ever do but………my hair is thick, coarse, and wavy if allowed to air dry. That isn’t even in my “wildest dream book”!

Hoping to see your suggestions to that problem soon 🙂

95. Ashley Long says
    Posted April 11, 2016

Hi Kate!!
    First of all I have to say I just love you and your blog!! Secondly, thank you for this! I have fine limp hair and have always had challenges keeping my hair sleek and straight all day!! I can never seem to straighten it smooth and soft and STRAIGHT like my hair stylist does and it never stays straight all day it usually ends up wavy. Help!

• Ashley Long says
      Posted April 11, 2016

I forgot to mention I like some volume at the scalp but I would like everything from mid shaft to ends to be straight straight straight! ? What products would you recommend?

96. Stephanie says
    Posted April 11, 2016

I would LOVE one for thick and wavy hair! I have a ton of hair with some wave but not enough to air dry. And if I do air dry, hello frizz city! I only wash it 2-3 times a week but need some more inspiration on what to do with it.

97. Lisa says
    Posted May 3, 2016

Hi Kate,

I absolutely love your hair videos! The one thing I would love is if you could do videos of different women’s hair (all ages & types) and how to style it. I’m in my mid-50’s, and older hair has issues of it’s own! My hair has definitely thinned and also each individual hair’s diameter is smaller and more fragile. I used to have closer to medium textured hair and now it is very fine, sort of frizzy, but also has a bit of a wave in it. If I just let it air dry, it looks frazzled (even after getting it cut). I also color it. Anyway, it would be great if you would bring in models to demonstrate on. (In all your free time, LOL!)

98. rose says
    Posted May 10, 2016

Love to see one for oily hair/scalps!

Also maybe on some of those products that help control Friz and craziness when its hot and humid out #hellotexassummer

99. Eva says
    Posted November 17, 2016

Thank you so much Kate. I found you on Pinterest and I am so happy I did. Love your site and thank you for the awesome tips!

100. Alison says
    Posted April 5, 2017

Hi – I am 50 and have dire straight limp lifeless hair which I am trying to grow out of a disasterous layered short haircut – I am going on holiday in 6 weeks and I have no idea what I am going to do with it. I prefer my hair at least shoulder length so that I can tie it up. I had highlights and low lights added about 8 weeks ago – so now i have dryish ends. The products that you have mentioned seem to be quite pricey for trial and error. I am also hopeless at blowdrying and styling my own hair. My hairdresser is quite good – but if I don’t know what I want – how can they help me. letting them have free rein resulted in my short hair – It did seem a good idea at the time. But I always remember that short hair makes me feel old – but only once it is short again. I have never had a hair style that I could manage and was happy with. HELP

101. Georgia says
    Posted October 1, 2017

I also have fine hair and I’m a Stylist; I love Kenra hairspray-it smells delish! My new fav product line is L’anza? Have you heard of it? Its A-mazing!! So may great products for fine limp hair! Check it out! Love your blog btw!!