links + loves

11251397_1138363709531024_147100427_n

I’m finally feeling myself after a few days of a nasty head cold. I’m a little behind on the old ‘to do list’ due to that and also the beautiful weather we had yesterday! Monday’s are usually busy, but I’m quite looking forward to checking things off my list today and getting back up to speed!

I picked these nude flats up recently and can’t wait for warmer temps so I can wear them! I also wore these in LA and they were super fun!

I CANNOT HANDLE HOW CUTE THIS IS.

This dress is really cute!

These look delish!

I haven’t tried too many Lorac products but this eyeshadow palette looks beautiful!

I think every single beauty blogger I’ve ever read uses the MAC 217 brush. Do you use it?

I tried Nude Miracle foundation by Lancome last week and it was probably the nicest formula I’ve ever experimented with. It was way too sheer for my needs, but if you are looking for a supremely lightweight, light coverage makeup I would definitely recommend checking this out!

Great breakdown of 3 Pixi face mists.

7 breakfasts almost too pretty to eat.

1. Tate says
    Posted February 29, 2016

I got the 217 brush as a birthday gift this past summer and I really do love it. I couldn’t justify spending that much on an eyeshadow brush but now that I have it I’d say it’s worth it! I don’t usually have a ton of time to do my makeup, so I appreciate that using the 217 makes it look like I put more effort into my eyeshadow look than I really did ๐Ÿ˜‰ My current favorite thing to do is use the 217 to apply MAC’s eyeshadow in Patina all over my lid and blended into my crease. If i could only have one eyeshadow for the rest of my life that would be the one and the 217 makes it look so good!

2. Breanne says
    Posted February 29, 2016

What beauty blogger do you follow? I’d love a post about your favorites.

• Maya says
      Posted March 1, 2016

I agree, I as a reader am pretty curious too as I kinda want some new blogs to follow.

mayasienna13.blogspot.co.uk

• Maya says
      Posted March 1, 2016

3. Leann says
    Posted February 29, 2016

Love the Lorac Nude Necessities palette, defiantly for pale girls like us though. Soft, silky smooth, natural, neutral colors. I don’t have any MAC brushes, a lot of the beauty vloggers I watch have the same Sigma brush, but I don’t have any of those either, I actually am in love with the Beauty Junkees brand on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PR8K42Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A3TK1ATPPCFZ19

4. Cait says
    Posted February 29, 2016

i picked up a nasty head cold too. they are sooo not fun! love your blog girl!

5. Kim says
    Posted February 29, 2016

Thanks.. I needed some breakfast inspo haha! Love this!

Kim
    http://trendkeeper.me .. layered flannel on the national mall!

6. Posted February 29, 2016

Glad to hear your feeling better!! I have to make some of those breakfasts!! They look so good!! =)

7. Kelli says
    Posted February 29, 2016

I love the MAC 217. It’s pricey, but it’s not something I’ll need to repurchase soon (or maybe ever!) It’s also somewhat unique as I can’t find any dupes for it in drugstore brand brushes. It blends my eyeshadow really well and keeps it’s shape after washing. I love eyeshadow but I don’t feel like I’m particularly good at applying it, so this brush is really good to blend out mistakes. IMO, totally worth the investment ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Jenne says
    Posted February 29, 2016

You should try Lancome’s Teint Idole if you are looking for something more full coverage (and long-wearing). I had trouble finding the right color for me but it’s a really nice foundation!

9. Jess says
    Posted February 29, 2016

My MAC 217 (and the Sigma E25 which is a great dupe) was my go-to all-purpose eye makeup brush for a long time. I recently purchased the Real Techniques Starter Eye Set, and I love the base eye shadow brush even more. It’s a little softer so I feel like it blends in my crease a little better. And it seems to be laying down shimmery shades (like virgin and sin from the Naked palette) really well. I have “tender” eye lids, and I love to blend; so finding a great quality soft eye shadow brush is awesome. The Deluxe Crease Brush from the same set is awesome for blending concealer. It’s texture is like a mini kabuki foundation brush. I still highly recommend the MAC 217 (and Sigma E25). It’s the only brush that I own multiples of because I like to use them for so many different things and am always needing a clean one.

10. Melissa Green says
    Posted February 29, 2016

Hi Kate! There is a great dupe for a Mac 217, which is the Morphe M433! I use it all the time and it works great!

I am thinking of starting up a blog of my own and I’ve been reading up on yours and your sisters blogging series and small business series! Super helpful!

11. Hana says
    Posted February 29, 2016

I have that Rifle Paper Co planner on my desk at work! It is the best and helps me keep from writing work to-do list separate. I love it!

12. Posted February 29, 2016

Lorac eye shadow in Serenity is my all time favorite shadow shade. They stopped making singles a few years ago so I’ve had to settle for dupes which is a huge bummer.

13. Laura says
    Posted February 29, 2016

That dress is super cute, and would be perfect for this time of year when it’s a little “in between” weather wise.

Laura

14. Katie Dunnigan says
    Posted February 29, 2016

How comfortable were the Kelly and Katie Catrin Sandals? I am looking for a nude shoe for my Maid of Honor Duties in September. I think they are gorgeous! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Erin says
      Posted March 1, 2016

I would second that, how are the Kelly and Katie Catrin Sandals?

15. Katie says
    Posted February 29, 2016

Yes! To using the MAC 217! I got it about 6 months ago and use it everyday I wear shadow.

16. Valene says
    Posted March 1, 2016

What a lovely picture. It’s you and your husband, right? ๐Ÿ™‚

17. Maria says
    Posted March 1, 2016

I love the MAC 217. Itโ€™s pricey, but itโ€™s not something Iโ€™ll need to repurchase soon (or maybe ever!) Itโ€™s also somewhat unique as I canโ€™t find any dupes for it in drugstore brand brushes. It blends my eye shadow really well and keeps itโ€™s shape after washing

18. Posted March 1, 2016

I’m also recovering a cold! Hope you’ve recovered! Great links!

19. Melissa G says
    Posted March 1, 2016

Love the MAC 217!! Well worth the money. That dress is cute, but super short!!

20. Erin says
    Posted March 1, 2016

I’ve actually had the Lorac Nude Necessities Eye Shadow Palette in my cart at Ulta for quite sometime now as I have used Lorac in the past and love it, but am now in love with Tarte since your blog! I feel like all tarte eyeshadows are smooth and go on wonderfully and Lorac is super soft and velvety and doesn’t show the color as well sometimes.

I have also fallen in love with the Caudalie Beauty Elixir since reading your blog so now I really want to try the Pixi mists. I am going to Florida this week and love the mist sprays for the humidity and cooling aspect.

21. Sara says
    Posted March 1, 2016

I do have and like that 217 brush. I use it when I want to pack some color in my crease, but not blend it out too much. : )

22. Evelina says
    Posted March 2, 2016

Your flats are so cute! And I am looooving that weekly calendar. It would be perfect for my office!

23. Melissa says
    Posted March 2, 2016

I love the flats and the breakfasts sound so yummy! Glad to see you’re feeling better. Your blog is super cute ๐Ÿ™‚

Mel | http://www.thegossipdarling.com