1. MegaFood Blood Builder – let’s start with the fun stuff, a supplement! Definitely check with your doctor (mine is fine with it) prior to taking but odds are good that if you’ve been instructed to take iron supplements post-delivery … this will be safe. It helps build up your iron (energy!!) levels without the nasty side effects of straight iron pills and is super gentle on your stomach. If you’re pregnant and suffer from anemia or your levels are flirting with being anemic … I cannot peer pressure you enough to buy and take this. It’s good. I promise!!
2. Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Spray – unless you had a c-section … odds are great you’ll benefit greatly from this miracle spray. Even if you didn’t have the pleasure of needing stitches … things are probably a little traumatized and well, I won’t type in detail about it but I’m still feeling cheated for not knowing about this with my first three babies.
3. Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans (or Milk if that’s more your chocolate speed) – let’s be honest with ourselves and our coffee that we’ve reheated six times since 5:28am … sometimes the fuel just doesn’t make it down the hatch for a million reasons all rhyming with bundle of joy. Someone gave me these after our last baby and life changing is the only way to describe them. They were great because they tasted like candy to me but my older three kids hated them and I could not order a new stash to keep my addiction alive and unhealthy fast enough. Obviously be careful if your breastfeeding lest you accidentally pass along enough caffeine to keep the baby awake long after his or her bedtime of 2:23am but … two, or three, or four here and there won’t hurt. They will help, immensely.
4. American Eagle Jeggings – As much as I truly love an excuse to live in my yogas for weeks and weeks and maybe months post-baby … I’m not a big lover of wearing maternity jeans for that long after the baby is born. Do I shrink right back into my pre-baby jeans? Laugh. Never! Ever. But I have a solid little collection of in-between denim that helps me feel put together for those treasured 20 minute alone trips to Target or um, Target. My favorite pair is dark wash from American Eagle because they are cheap and stretchy (but they run SMALL so, don’t be alarmed when you need a much bigger size than usual – who cares?!) and even though they are called, “jeggings” they look very much like a respectable pair of jeans. Truly.
5. Milk Frother – For the days that your coffee making AND drinking game is on point … take it up a couple notches with a totally frivolous $7 milk frother. It will make you feel so fancy and substitutes nicely when you forgot to run the dishwasher AGAIN and you have no clean spoons. Starbucks who?
And let’s end on that cozy little note. Thank you so much to Kate for having me! It was such a pleasure and maybe even a little bit of a dream come true. Thank you!
Thanks so much for your suggestions Grace! I’m a milk chocolate kind of gal, so I’m going to be hunting down those chocolate covered espresso beans stat.