Wedding Wear

I’m attending a wedding this weekend and have been thinking about what I’m going to wear for a few weeks.

I’m not back to my pre-pregnancy weight, therefore I only have a limited number of options to choose from (without buying a new dress!).

This raspberry colored dress from J.Crew Factory has been a favorite of mine in the past. Since I need a little help in the “waist” area, I like that this automatically gives me a waist simply by the way it’s gathered.

photo dress1.jpg
dress is sold out, but this is another fav! *don’t you hang your clothes on your shutters too?!?!?!

I purchased the shoes on Sole Society. Have you checked that website out? I’ve found a handful of shoes that I really like and the prices are pretty darn reasonable.

These grey pumps caught my eye for a number of reasons. One, they were grey. Two, they weren’t too high. It seems like all the pumps I find these days are at least 5 inches, so it was refreshing to find some really sleek ones that were only 2.5 inches!

photo shoes1.jpg

While I was looking for pumps, I stumbled across these flats from the Julianne Hough collection and immediately threw them in my cart. They are pretty comfortable and I have a feeling I’m going to wear them a lot this spring.

photo flats.jpg

If you like shopping online, and are looking for shoes, check out Sole Society. They have accessories, bags and jewelry too, and nearly everything is priced under $100.

*this is not a sponsored post. I purchased these items myself. There are affiliate links in this post.

Comments

Grey! My all time fave….my mother used to roll her eyes year after year during back-to-school shopping as I chose one grey thing after another.

I think that post-pregnancy style is really difficult because you’re pretty much dressing an entirely new body, whether you’re back to your pre-pregnancy weight or not. I really struggled after I had my daughter almost three years ago. I’m currently 33 weeks pregnant and dressing myself after this baby is born is definitely not something I’m looking forward to. I’ve been hoping that you would post some post-pregnancy style posts for some inspiration. That dress is beautiful.

I totally agree with you! I was actually looking for some heels that look like your grey ones but everywhere I look they are at least 5 inches high… I ended up not purchasing any heels because I value comfort more than the height of a heel :P

Beautiful dress! and I agree we’d love to see you all dressed up :)

But the more important question is what is the little man wearing to this big event??

Love them, but I am always concerned of rain! Every time I am browsing things online I think of all the possibilities and I ended up not buying it. Does that happens to you?

Oh yeah – that would be a fantastic color for you!

One word of caution: Pregancy sometimes changes your feet. Of course if it had you prob would have noticed something by now. But to be on the safe side, walk around the house in those shoes for a little bit before you go out in them.

- says the girl who had to get rid of ALL her shoes after her two babies because my feet went up a size. :(

• says

Same thing happened to me! Luckily my feet only went up about half a size. I didn’t really notice until about a year after I gave birth (probably because I mostly wore flip flops and sneakers for that first year. :). But yeah, buying dressier shoes and anything that’s more fitted makes for interesting shoe shopping because I have to try on about three different sizes to get the right fit. Didn’t know that was going to happen, especially since my feet were totally fine during my pregnancy and immediately following it. Weird stuff.

Love the dress and heels! I hear you on the post-pregnancy body. My Kate is a week older than David. I’ve been working with a trainer and just now feeling comfortable in my clothes. Also what color nail polish were you wearing in yesterday’s post?

Although I am SO grateful I am able to breastfeed my baby it seems that only compounds the wardrobe dilemma post-pregnancy. Not only am I extremely limited in what fits or looks flattering on me right now but I have to also be able to breastfeed in it. It’s funny i don’t remember ever hearing anyone talk about this before!

I am laughing about your shutter comment because that was my first thought! “Look at creative Kate hanging her pumps on the plantation shutters.” Whatever works and gives good light.

I have a daughter a week older than David and I am so happy to hear that I am not the only one not back to my pre pregnancy size. I have ten pounds to go still and nothing to wear in the meantime! Oh well, babies are worth the small hassles that follow :)

Majestical Jewelry has amazing deals on the latest and greatest fashion jewelry for women. Shop our store and you’ll find must-have trendy pieces at only a fraction of the cost of major retailers and over-priced boutiques. Majestical Fashion Jewellery offers fashion jewelry, costume jewelry and handmade jewelry at wholesale jewelry prices that are 20-80% less than our competitors because we believe every woman should feel beautiful regardless of budget. If you’re looking to make a statement, be sure to check out our bold collar necklaces in bright colors that work perfectly with a LBD. If you’re going for classic style, browse our selection of handmade silver jewelry. Snag the best deals on whatever it is you desire at Majestical Jewelry.

curious about how comfortable the heels were, i’ve been looking at them for awhile now and just can’t bring myself to do it!! the flats are a must though.

Well these wedding wear are really beautiful. These are looking amazing at the very first glimpse and have quality to add beauty to any pretty girl’s natural attractiveness. There are several things adding beauty to any wedding and wedding stationary is one of those. There are several amazing wedding cards available over web nowadays attracting anyone easily. Some amazing wedding cards from India can be found at http://www.365weddingcards.com/hindu-wedding-card

Brisbane plantation shutters,Promise shutters do a Factory direct prices on high quality Plantation shutters, which is include Vinyl plantation shutters and basswood plantation shutters,Add value and improve the look of your environment. Plantation shutters are not just good looking but have practical benefits as well. Great in coastal areas, protect against rain and sun, and give privacy to you and your family. we do have a lowest price and guaranteed on our products, and bite any price in same quality,Free quotes and Free install to all suburbs in Brisbane, Sydney and Gold Coast.E-Mail:Sales@promiseshutters.com.au