This was an oddly long week. Yesterday felt like friday all day but it was only thursday.
But now it’s friday so that’s all cool and the gang.
My mom and sister are livin’ it up in Florida this week. David and I were invited but I opted out. The little guy is a leetle too pasty to be out in public in a bathing suit.
No but seriously, I just didn’t think it would be a “relaxing vacation” with a 3 month old.
Nonetheless, it was a fine week here around the homestead.
I’m heading to Illinois again on Monday to introduce David to some of my extended family. I can’t wait. And based on how smooth our last flight went, I can only hope these next two will go the same!
1. My sister bought me this thin sweatshirt by Cynthia Rowley from TJ Maxx when I was home a few weeks ago. I love it! It’s now officially my “house shirt”. I wear it multiple times a week when I’m just doing things around the house. It’s also a shirt that I would rather David spit up on than something a little nicer that I wear when I leave the house. I used to wear house pants as well but I felt too lazy. So, jeans and my house shirt it is!
2. Grits has been so dang jealous lately. It breaks my heart! Whenever I’m leaning over the crib talking to David when he wakes up, Grits comes running from wherever he was sleeping and meow’s ferociously at my feet. It’s really cute, but also heartbreaking! I try to give him as much attention as I can when David is napping or otherwise occupied. Grits sleeps at the foot of my bed, and when my alarm goes off, he comes up and snuggles closer to my head. He’s such a sweet little cat.
3. I woke up on Monday morning, stretched in bed, and pinched a nerve in my neck. It was practically paralyzing. I wasn’t sure I could get out of bed. Justin was in the garage doing P90x, so I managed to make it downstairs and told him what happened. My mother in law was “on call” that day in case I needed her, which was very thankful for. I put heat on it immediately and took Advil. I was able to get through the day just fine. I was really stiff and couldn’t turn my head either direction. I figured by Wednesday I would surely be back to normal! Not so much. It’s friday and I’m still not able to comfortably turn my head to the left. I know it will get better with time, but it’s amazing to me how a little pinch in my neck could cause so much trouble.
Here’s a photo of David just because:
4. Like I mentioned above, my mom and sister and living it up in Florida right now. My sister sends me pictures and tells me all that I’m missing and I reply with photos of what I’m doing.
There’s not really a huge difference between lounging on vacation in Florida, and being a stay at home mom during another ice storm in Raleigh.
5. My sister bought David some clothes from Zara before he was born and I loved them! He’s still just a little to small for them, but I think he’ll be able to wear them in the next month or so. We received a decent amount of clothes for him at baby showers, but I’m finding a bit of a void in 3-6 month and 6 month in my drawers. Each brand fits so differently, and David has become a bit of a chunk, so he’s pretty well out of 3 month clothes. I like the roominess and style of the clothes at Zara, not to mention the great prices, so I did a little online shopping for him!
I hope you had a nice week! I also hope warm weather is coming your way if it hasn’t already. Is it just me or is this the longest winter in history?