Fold Over Bang Twist

I’ve gotten a few requests from readers who want to learn a new way to pull their bangs out of their face other than simply sticking a bobby pin in them.

I always feel like my hair looks less “finished” when I slide a bobby pin in to hide a bad “bang” day. So, the simple act of hiding that bobby pin with a little section of hair can take your style from “my bangs didn’t cooperate today” to “yeah, I did this on purpose”.

photo fobt3.jpg
 photo fobt2.jpg

Again, you don’t need to have bangs in order to do this style! Experiment with your own hair and see how it works on you!

1. Posted March 10, 2014

Cute!

2. Posted March 10, 2014

Now I really really want to cut my hair 😉 just to try this cute look!

3. Posted March 10, 2014

This is looks so nice but I have one question. How do I get that particular section of my hair to stop breaking away? The part you pinned back is only long enough to do that on me for maybe 2-3 months a year before it falls off and turns into a “horn”. I stopped straightening it, and try not to apply direct heat when blowdrying, What else can I do?

• Bridget says
      Posted March 10, 2014

I have this same problem and this is the area that I’m always trying to hide. It’s hideous looking after I straighten or curl and try to pull back.

4. Posted March 10, 2014

Wow, a really cute, simple and easy hair style… thank you!!

5. Lauren says
    Posted March 10, 2014

Kate- I once saw a video on youtube on how to make a bobby pin kind of disappear….but I still can’t get the hang of it- you push it in against the hair and twist and push so all you see is the little looped end….any ideas/hints on what I’m talking about?

6. Lauren says
    Posted March 10, 2014
  7. Emma P. says
    Posted March 10, 2014

This comment has been removed by the author.

8. Emma P. says
    Posted March 10, 2014

Thanks Kate – what an awesome way to make a bad hair day look great!

9. Posted March 10, 2014

My bangs were just not curling nicely this morning, so I ending up pinning them to the top of my head in a quick bump and they still look awful (lol). Oh well, it’s Monday. This looks like it could be a really nice alternative since they’re getting longer, and I’m doing the back and forth debate to cut them again or hope they grow out nicely like yours did. 🙂

10. Posted March 10, 2014

This is how I do my hair any time I wear it down! My bangs are in an awkward stage right now so this really helps me look more “put together”!
    Miss Hot Mess Express

11. Posted March 10, 2014

Yay! So cute 😀

KatrinaCrouch.Blogspot.com

12. Posted March 10, 2014

I normally can’t really follow any of your hair tutorials because our textures differ so much, but I will try this one!!! Thank you! =)

13. Theresa says
    Posted March 10, 2014

Oh Kate!
    I adore this idea… Bad bangs days are the worst… It was especially bad while I was growing out my bangs. But the bobby pin looks so unprofessional for while I am at work.

Great post you deserve some Snappers 🙂

14. Leslie says
    Posted March 10, 2014

I have been growing out my bangs for a while now and they can’t tuck behind my ears quite yet; I’m definitely trying this out, thanks!

15. Mrs. T says
    Posted March 10, 2014

Love this!!! I’m always trying to figure out how to make this looked polished. Thanks!

16. Posted March 10, 2014

Kate you did it again. I love every single one of your hair tutorials. Your hair cut is the perfect one to be able to do so many different things with it. Thanks for all you share with us.
    Michelle

17. Posted March 10, 2014

I love this!! So quick and easy!

18. Posted March 10, 2014

Your skin is perfect! What do you use on your face? I used to never breakout and now I do all the time. Is there a section on your blog where you talk about skincare?

19. Posted March 10, 2014

That is adorable!!!!

20. Posted March 10, 2014

This look is making me wish I didn’t have curly hair. So classic and well put together 🙂

21. Posted March 10, 2014

This is so cute looks super simple thanks for sharing !
    Stop By
    Simply Sutter

22. Posted March 10, 2014

Ugh!!! I can not figure this out! It looks so easy and then I do it and it does not work. I can not get my hair to look the same as yours. It looks fine, a little more twisted and woven than yours, my bangs are back and the bobby pins are hidden so I guess the main goals are achieved. I’ll have to work on it more on another day.

23. Posted March 10, 2014

This is so beautiful! So simple and pretty.

24. Posted March 11, 2014

This is perfect! My bangs are in that awkward stage of growing out and I have been trying to figure out what to do with them! Now I know!

25. Posted March 11, 2014

Will have to try this 🙂

thekidandthecute.com

26. Posted March 11, 2014

Genius! ! !

27. Posted March 11, 2014

Genius! ! !

28. Emma says
    Posted March 11, 2014

Very cute thanks!

29. Becca says
    Posted March 11, 2014

Hi Kate,
    I was wondering if you had any suggestions on how to handle a “cow lick” in your bangs. Im having a wretched time with mine as I grow them out (not quite tuck behind ear length currently.)

30. Posted March 11, 2014

I really like this one. I’m always looking for ideas of what to do with my bangs. Thanks Kate for your many ideas…

31. Posted March 11, 2014

I have really fine hair but a LOT of it, so I always need to use multiple bobby pins. Should I put the second one side by side or crossed over to make an X?

32. maggs says
    Posted March 13, 2014

I have been stuck doing the same few styles to keep my bangs out of my face. Did this before work, and I love the way it looks (and so simple too). I will use this more often!!

33. Posted March 14, 2014

I love this! Looks super simple and easy…my favorite 🙂

34. Navya says
    Posted March 16, 2014

Your hair tutorials are so simple and easy for me to replicate. This is why I keep coming to your site for inspiration. Keep inspiring. ..

35. Posted March 16, 2014

beautiful as always
    learn more

36. DeAnna says
    Posted March 16, 2014

Love it!

37. Posted March 18, 2014

Very nice hairstyle! Girls look pretty when they keep changing their look.
    Bridal Hair

38. Posted March 20, 2014

You don’t need short hair to do this style. I have long hair and I absolutely love wearing this in my fringe. This look really suits you, Kate. Absolutely gorgeous.

39. Posted April 17, 2014

This hairstyle looks great but is so easy to put together. Great post!

-Shaina

honorhaircare.blogspot.com

40. Nancy says
    Posted June 11, 2014

Loooove this! I stumbled on your blog today, Idk how I’m ever going to get any work done, I already addicted to this blog. Thanks so much for sharing all this with us!:)

41. Heather says
    Posted September 24, 2014

Super cute! Can’t wait to try it!!!

42. Posted May 13, 2015

Saw this on BuzzFeed and don’t normally look at hair stuff.. But this one actually works and is FABULOUS!! Thanks so much.