My Under Eye Concealing Tips

One of my biggest skin “issues” is dark circles under my eyes. I’ve spent lots of time, and money, trying to figure out the perfect combination of both moisturizaion of my under eye area as well as concealing the darkness!

I heard about Dior’s new BB eye cream and while I was in Nordstrom a few weeks ago I stopped by their beauty spot to get my hands on a tube. That place is like a beauty girls haven. Products for days, all perfectly lined up so you can test them out or just grab them off the shelf. I could literally spend hours there.

As far as the BB eye cream goes, I like it! It’s not a game-changer like some other under eye products have been for me, but I definitely like the hydration as well as the hint of coverage. I find that I need a little bit of extra help covering the dark circles, but it gives a really nice base for any other concealer.

Dark circles aside, no matter what your under eye issues are, I’m sure of one thing: you need moisture. There are very few oil glands in the skin under our eyes, so all the hydration needs to come from the outside (aka products). I share a few of my tips for concealing your under eye area in the video below!

this post is a collaboration with Nordstrom. All opinions are my own, as usual.

1. Unknown says
    Posted September 6, 2013

OMG, I LOVE IT!!! I am so glad you posted this. I thought I was the only one. I can not live with out it!

2. Ashley says
    Posted September 6, 2013

Loved loved this post!! Thanks for sharing šŸ™‚

Xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

3. Posted September 6, 2013

thanks for sharing!! I would love to know what to use for more coverage with dark circles. I have them too and have not found a product I LOVE.

4. Posted September 6, 2013

Great post! After trying for years, I’ve finally found a product I’m happy with… I use Bobbi Brown’s eye cream, the corrector and the creamy concealer kit — LOVE. And of course, buy it at Nordstrom with my card for rewards. šŸ™‚

5. Melanie says
    Posted September 6, 2013

I completely agree. You need moisture not matter what. I haven’t tried this one out but I’m looking for a good under eye concealer. Thanks for sharing!

I Pink i Love You

6. Posted September 6, 2013

Such great tips! You are gorgeous!

The Style Storm
    xo, Christina

7. Judy says
    Posted September 6, 2013

My issue is that at 51, anything heavy enough to conceal ends up making the small wrinkles and under eye pouches stand out like a flag in a parade! Seems to exentuate them a lot more. The Bobbi Brown Corrector is okay but really too thick for me. I might give this one a try, especially since I LOVE the Dior BB cream for light coverage during days outside.

• Lisa D says
      Posted September 10, 2013

Try Bye Bye Undereye by IT Cosmetics-it absolutely will not cake or crease in your lines. I am 48 (I don’t work for them) and I love it! It is a bit thick so I just warm it up between my fingers before applying. It is very hydrating but not greasy and the coverage is perfection. You can get it a bunch of places including QVC and the IT Cosmetics website.

8. Posted September 6, 2013

Great tips. I really like Neutrogena 3 in 1 because it is a moisturizer and concealer in one.

9. Posted September 6, 2013

Brilliant tip and lovely video i have been using the balms corrector but think I will look into the Dior one.

Carrieanne x

10. H says
    Posted September 6, 2013

I tried a quick search, but couldn’t find your current skincare routine during pregnancy. What facial cleanser, moisturizer, and everyday eye cream are you using? Thanks!

11. Abby says
    Posted September 6, 2013

This comment has been removed by the author.

12. Posted September 6, 2013

a request for a future post, what order do you put your makeup on. I tend to do my eyes last, but then I find I get a dark line under my left eye from shadow falling when applying. tips?

13. Posted September 6, 2013

Posted September 6, 2013

Do your eyes first, then you can clean up before you apply foundation!

14. Abby says
    Posted September 6, 2013

I need to try this BB eye cream. My under eye circles are the worst and I’m always trying the next big thing to try to fix them! Thanks for the great tips! šŸ™‚

xo, Abby @ Always, Abby

15. Missy says
    Posted September 6, 2013

I don’t have a Nordstrom in my city and cannot try out products. Are there any concealers or eye creams that you would recommend from Sephora or Ulta?

• LRW says

Sephora carries the Dior BB eye cream šŸ™‚

16. Caitlin says
    Posted September 6, 2013

Do you have any fav eye creams? It looks like you were going to mention some of them but I didn’t seem them in the video, just the Dior BB cream. I’m looking for an eye cream that is good for really dark circles.
    Thanks!

17. Posted September 6, 2013

Great post. It was really helpful.

xThea
    OTHEALITY

18. Ken says
    Posted September 6, 2013

This was great. Thanks for sharing. Where did you find your cute blouse and necklace? Thank you!

Kelly

19. Posted September 7, 2013

LOVE THIS. I have the hardest time in the mornings with under eye circles. I teach fitness classes then run to the college to teach Kinesiology classes, so I have zero time and I don’t want to break out!

I cannot wait to try this. I always love your posts and I always recommend your blog to all my friends.

-Courtney Rae

20. Jenny says
    Posted September 7, 2013

Any products that help hide bags under your eyes? Also what lip stick were you wearing in the video? Love the color!

21. Posted September 7, 2013

Is that the SAME Vinyluxe nail polish from last week?!?!?
    I bought the Forbidden Fall mini lack on amazon this week & it arrived yesterday. Put it on last night, so we shall see how long it lasts!

22. Posted September 7, 2013

*pack

23. Drama says
    Posted September 7, 2013
  24. Eva says
    Posted September 9, 2013

Where did you get that necklace?

25. Posted September 9, 2013

Seconding the question – where did you get your necklace? šŸ™‚ thanks in advance!

26. Posted September 9, 2013

I have been using Mally for under eye concealer for a while now but I might have to try this. Also, you should try Nerium for your overall skin and eyes! http://www.aimeedavis.nerium.com

27. Posted September 9, 2013

I have super dark circles and my absolute favorite heavy duty concealer is Derma Blend – it is the best! I use an eye cream first then this, then set with powder.

28. Posted September 11, 2013

My dark circles are awful. I can’t wait to give this a try!!

29. Posted November 11, 2013

At sephora the other day I bought their Instant wrinkle filler. I was wondering have you tried this yet as a comparison for the older *inmediate wrinkle filler? Would love to hear your thoughts!

30. Posted October 3, 2014

Great website tons of awesome steam shower knowledge here