The Quintessential Summer Dress

dress: Gap Outlet (unavailable online) (a sort of similar option) (one more option)
shoes: Modcloth (c/o via giftcard)
necklace: Francesca’s
I picked up this maxi dress at Gap Outlet last week. When I saw it on the hanger, I was immediately drawn to it. But then I started to second guess the pattern being too busy.
I couldn’t figure out if it was cool and trendy, or too wild.

So I texted my personal shopping assistant, my sister, and asked for her opinion. She gave me the “thumbs up” so I went for it.

Turns out pattern and color are kind of fun to wear.
And an extra perk? There’s a little room for baby bump growth, so I just might be able to wear this through the end of the summer.

Do you have a quintessential summer dress? This one is definitely mine. I’ve already worn it a few times, and don’t plan on stopping that trend until the temperatures dip below 75 degrees.

Comments

Just bought this same exact dress last week and im trying to figure out what shoes to wear it with and a little sweater for my arms, so this post really helped!

So cute! I’ve been on the hunt for a good maxi but I’m really tall and it’s been difficult to find one long enough that fits properly in other places. But I will not surrender!!! LOL I did just get an adorable grey and coral striped hi-low hem dress from Target that I absolutely love. Wore it on the 4th of July in New Mexico and loved it. Who knew dresses could be so comfortable in hot weather??? I’ve been a shorts and capris devotee for years but I’m becoming a dress convert.

I think that the dress looks great on you. I’m loving patterns as of late, which is crazy for me since I’m such a neutrals girl! Have a great day.
    xo, Maria

Very cute. I wish I could wear maxi dresses, but they don’t do a THING for me.

LOVE your toenail polish!! What color is it?

This is SO cute, and you’re right plenty of room for baby growth. I love that you can move the waist up or down depending.

Darn you and your sister for finding the CUTEST summer dresses that aren’t available anymore (that one she has in her most recent post is also to die for!)

I found a great dress on target’s site. It is only online! It is a convertable dress. Basically, its a skirt with 2 super long straps that you can wrap and tie in a plethora of ways. They have a short (knee-length) dress and a long maxi both in several colors. They are perfect for vacations and cruises when you don’t want to pack a lot. There are videos on YouTube to assist in wrapping howtos. There is even room for the baby bump. O whish I had these last summer when I was expecting, but they are also perfect for a get dressed quick morning for a mom on the go.

So cute!! If you’re worried about the print (but dont be, it’s adorable!) you can always throw on a cardigan or jean jacket to break up the color a little bit.

So cute! I love a great maxi! I found a great black and white chevron maxi at Kohl’s and I am wearing it out this summer! It’s up on my blog now!: ashleahd.blogspot.com

I picked up a maxi that’s similar style (with a drawstring waist-not print!) from Target and it has been one of my go to outfits this pregnancy and I’ll be 34 weeks this week. I always get tons of compliments, so I’m sure it will grow with you!

My skin is as light as yours but I also have terrible dark circles under my eyes. I’ve tried many of the products you’ve mentioned and they have really enhanced the look of my face. (I am terrible at makeup) My one question is do you have any suggestions for lightening dark circles? It doesn’t appear like you have any but I’ve tried literally EVERY product out there, even $100+ items. Any suggestions would be great!

I read your website and interested in cloth so we have top most branded and quality women’s clothing at affordable prices can often is a challenge. That’s why women’s online clothing stores have become so popular. We hope you enjoy our clothing range and shopping
    by
    trendyfor20.com

Colorful, elegant, cheerful and fashionable, all these words won’t do justice to LA Femme dresses. These dresses are just perfect for classy parties and soirees. A wedding or prom, for sure you’ll find the dress to shine in and captive everyone’s eyes.