A different kind of video shoot // NYC trip

I had a really exciting opportunity come my way recently– I’ll share what I can about it!

I worked with BlogHer and a cosmetic company on 4 videos showing a variety of “looks”. The production crew was a lot of fun, and very gracious/patient/helpful/kind as I struggled through it. Plus, Caitlin, the makeup artist who assisted me (she could see how it looked in the monitor and made any adjustments–such a nice thing to have someone help with) was both talented and very helpful as well.

It was a long day for everyone, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Here are some “behind the scenes” shots from Caitlin.

These were only two of the four looks, and like I mentioned above–I’ll share more details when I can. :)

And for those who don’t follow on twitter or instagram, here are a few snapshots from the rest of my time in NYC! The weather could not have been better. It was beautiful and sunny both days.

Tuesday was spent behind the camera the entire day, so all of these photos were taken on Wednesday.

Mr. Softee is just the best. I enjoyed this thoroughly. And nothing, nothing, makes you feel cooler than standing on the sidewalk by yourself eating an ice cream cone. #totallyworthit

I had a lovely lunch with Maura at RealSimple.com, and we chatted about some upcoming projects!

My friend Crystal (remember her from this post?) is so kind and hospitable. I stopped in the Waldorf Astoria to say “hi” and she gave me a behind the scenes tour of the kitchens, gave me delicious cupcakes, and showed me a few other “secret” places in the hotel. I wish I had more time to hang with her!

I finished the day with dinner at Pret A Manger. It was delicious!

New York City is really a pleasure to visit. This trip triggered so many memories from my trip with Justin last year and I’m hoping we can make it back here again soon.
I’m looking forward to sharing the final projects with you all when I can!

Comments

I’ve followed you for a while now. Love your sweet, kind, sincere way! Glad you are getting these opportunities. Enjoy every minute!

Hi! Just a couple questions: May I ask where you got your iphone case? I really like it! Is it rubber? Do you like it? Has it held up well? Just looking for a new one to protect my phone since I’ve occasionally dropped it. Also, is the fingernail polish in this post the Lucky Lucky Lavendar by OPI?

So excited to hear more about this project! What is the color of the nail polish you were wearing in the ice cream pic? Love it!!

Ever since I found your blog on pinterest I have fallen in love with it! I look forward to reading your new post every morning! Congrats on your opportunity to go to NY! Very envious! :)

Is that a MINT green Kate Spade Little Minka bag????!!! I LOVE IT! I have it in black. I just now saw that they have it in MINT! ADORABLE! Just had to say…

Oh, my goodness! What a completely fun trip! Cupcakes, ice cream, New York is a food Mecca. I’ve been once and SO love it there. My hubby’s been three times in the past year and he always hits me up for ideas of bakeries to visit. It looks like you had a blast!!

The Luxury DreamTrips Membership is for those who desire the very best when it comes to travel. The Luxury DreamTrips Membership grants you access to a calendar of Luxury DreamTrips to some of the most spectacular destinations worldwide. The Luxury DreamTrips Membership is for the discerning traveler. Your Luxury DreamTrips Membership is your gateway to some of the most spectacular destinations worldwide.

Dreamtrip
    Dream life
    Luxury DreamTrips
    DreamTrips Life

I also am distracted by the ice cream cone! The next time you plan a trip you need let Family In New York be part of the plans! They offer custom private New York tours. They can create a tour with your unique interests in mind, take you off the beaten path and show you NYC in a whole new way, and make sure at some point during your day you get ice cream.

Effectively teaching elementary math to children aged 5 to 10 (Grade 1,Grade 2,Grade 3,Grade 4,Grade 5).Great for Homeschool kids! All math results are logged and graded and we show how they are improving through real-time feedback.click hereeducation