a *Better Life* Bag.

Have you gotten something in the mail that you immediately love so much that you drop everything and put it on?

That’s what happened when my Better Life Bag arrived.

I’m so impressed by Rebecca’s business. In her words, there are two focuses of Better Life Bags.
Better Life Bags has two purposes.
  1. Involve my customers in the design process.  Each bag is designed by you!  I have basic styles that are customized further by your choice of fabric and add-on options.  Each bag is unique and essentially one of a kind!
  2. Give back to those in need.  We started by loaning 10% of every purchase to low income entrepreneurs in developing countries through Kiva  and were able to loan over $2,000 to the people you see here.  Incredible.  NOW, we hire first generation immigrant women in our community who otherwise could not work outside the home.  We rent them a sewing machine and tools while teaching them a skill set that allows them to become a primary or secondary provider in their families.  Each bag is lovingly made with their hands and each purchase gives respect and dignity to their lives.”
After I received my bag, Rebecca and I e-mailed back and forth and she mentioned that the woman who made my bag took her earnings and bought beds for her children, who were sleeping on mattresses on the floor.

I was speechless. And so grateful for the opportunity to help someone that I’ll never meet provide beds for her children.

And I’m reminded of it every time I wear this bag, the “Molly”.

It’s the perfect mix of neutrals and pattern to go with nearly any outfit. And the size is perfect for a crossbody bag.

If you are in the market for a crossbody like mine, or a small pouch or a e-reader case, or practically anything, check out Better Life Bags. You get to customize it so it’s perfectly tailored to what your preferences. How often is that an option when you are shopping for something?

1. Posted January 4, 2013

This is amazing! Such a blessing to look adorable all while helping others. I might have to order one (or 20) of these, so cute!

xo~Bethany @ theclassybee.com

2. Sabrina says
    Posted January 4, 2013

That bag is stunning! And I love the concept of the company too!

3. bnfunky says
    Posted January 4, 2013

Wow, what a cool company with a sweet mission πŸ™‚

4. Rebecca says
    Posted January 4, 2013

Wow, that’s awesome! That brought tears to my eyes.

And the bag is gorgeous! It looks so nice πŸ™‚

5. Posted January 4, 2013

The bag is gorgeous. I really love the background information you provided on the company. It sounds like such a fantastic idea and such a wonderful program. Going to check out their website now!

6. Posted January 4, 2013

Great to hear that this company is local to me.

7. Posted January 4, 2013

ABSOLUTELY LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS.
    want one now.

xo – heather
    This Life Is Yours Blog

8. Lex LB says
    Posted January 4, 2013

What a great opportunity!

9. Jenn D says
    Posted January 4, 2013

What a great concept! I’m definitely going to look into them. Love the bag you chose!
    Jenn
    With Luck

10. Alissa says
    Posted January 4, 2013

I really like the straps and handles on that purse!

11. Posted January 4, 2013

This bag is SOOOO cute! I totally want to get one! And what color do you have on your nails in the picture? It’s super cute too.

It’s called Miami Beet by OPI

• Posted January 4, 2013

Haha…
      I’m so glad someone else asked this! I adore that color on your nails, but felt so silly asking in response to such a lovely post! That bag is adorable, and I can’t wait to go browse their website and find out more about the company. Oh, and I also can’t wait to go to Ulta this afternoon and buy some Miami Beet! πŸ˜‰

Never hesitate to ask!

12. Posted January 4, 2013

uhhhh it’s called The Molly?!?!?!?! i think this bag and i are meant to be.

totes!

13. Posted January 4, 2013

This looks amazing! I’m definitely checking this out right now.

14. Posted January 4, 2013

Very cute bag, and such a great story!

When you ordered the “Molly”, did you make any changes to the bag? It seems to look a little differnt in your pictures than what they have on the website.

Posted January 4, 2013

The leather on mine is newer, more of a caramel-y color!

15. Posted January 4, 2013

very cool in all possible ways

16. Yvonne says
    Posted January 4, 2013

Wow! I’m going to have to buy a bag for myself, my sister, my niece, and my mom.

17. Posted January 4, 2013

Love it. Taking a look at the site right now!

18. Lauren says
    Posted January 4, 2013

This is amazing!! I’ve been looking at the website and am considering getting one as a transitional diaper bag for my toddler/purse for me. What a wonderful cause! Thanks for sharing!

Lauren

19. Beth says
    Posted January 4, 2013

These bags are fantastic – more many reasons! Thanks for the introduction to them. I think I may be sporting one in the near future!

20. Posted January 4, 2013

Love the bag! Where did you get your cardigan? I’ve been looking for a longer one for forever!!

j.crew factory! πŸ™‚

• Posted January 4, 2013

Do you remember the color name? I’ve been looking for a sweater in this shade FOREVER. I found one that is more orange, but might look more pink in real life.

21. Posted January 4, 2013

What a great company! I love it when you buy something and can feel really good about your purchase because you know it’s helping someone!

22. Posted January 4, 2013

The bag is so cute, and what a great company! I’ll have to check them out.

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

23. Holli says
    Posted January 4, 2013

I love the idea and simply must get one! Thanks for sharing the story of a great company!

24. Lauren says
    Posted January 4, 2013

This bag is fabulous! I am really loving bags with hints of leather right now and have been carrying this one around non-stop: https://www.etsy.com/listing/116065355/extra-large-leather-and-linen-tote
    Thanks for sharing about such an amazing company- I look forward to checking out their website!

25. Posted January 4, 2013

Saved this website for future purchases! Hopefully they ship to Canada. Thanks for sharing Kate πŸ™‚

Jenna

26. Posted January 4, 2013

Thanks for sharing such a great product and company! Though I’m trying to curb extra spending, I’m definitely going to save this for future purchases!

27. Posted January 4, 2013

I love your design and I love companies that give back!

Actually I am currently hosting a giveaway for CampusBookRentals.com which donates to Operation Smile. Stop by and enter if you can!
    x

28. Posted January 4, 2013
  29. Posted January 4, 2013

Love your new bag and those riding boots! They are both super cute!

xo
    Caroline

30. Posted January 4, 2013

Love the bag, boots, the whole outfit! I just put my order in for my own custom bag!

31. Posted January 4, 2013

So awesome! I love the bag and the cause – it’s definitely a win win!

32. Posted January 5, 2013

Fashion with a Mission! Got to love it.
    Are these families in the United States?
    I need to check out the website. πŸ™‚

Jenny Leigh
    jennyleighsblog.blogspot.com
    Hair*Beauty*Inspiration

33. Posted January 5, 2013

LOVE IT! I had the same feeling about a bag recently. I got a Grateful bag (www.gratefulbags.com) for Christmas and couldn’t wait to use it. I admit that I used it before Christmas, then gave it to my mom to wrap so I could open it. I love anything monogrammed, so I got the Abbie & Maggie. All these bags have such cute names, just like your Molly. πŸ™‚

34. Posted January 5, 2013

LOVE! I want one so bad!

35. Posted January 5, 2013

where did you get your boots? ive been looking for some and love these!

36. Posted January 5, 2013

kate – love the bag! how long did you wait between ordering and actually getting the bag? thanks! jarrin

37. Posted January 5, 2013

Rebecca is awesome! I love my better life bag!

38. Corinna says
    Posted January 5, 2013

What a great bag and an even better story! Love their ereader cases. I was wondering where you buy your supplies for making jewelry?

39. Kelly says
    Posted January 5, 2013

Your outfit TOTALLY rocks!! Love the colours and layers πŸ™‚

40. Posted January 5, 2013

i love your outfit! you always look so classy πŸ™‚ xx

41. MFRANZ9 says
    Posted January 6, 2013

Great gift idea….putting smiles on 2 people at once. Thanks so much for sharing this!!

42. MFRANZ9 says
    Posted January 6, 2013

43. chel says
    Posted January 7, 2013

Just ordered one!!!
    Fell in love with her stuff, her message and her cute little family πŸ™‚

how long did it take for your bag to come in??

44. Carrie says
    Posted February 8, 2013

Kate, where is your boyfriend cardigan from that you are wearing in this post?? So cute. I love the length. Thank you so much for sharing useable beauty tips, but even more so – for sharing your heart with each of us women who read your blog. Such a needed encouragement! God bless,
    Carrie

45. SLP says
    Posted March 7, 2013

I’ve been hunting for a new crossbody for weeks! Going to check this out right NOW because once you find a purse you love, it’s nearly impossible to find another! Thanks!

46. Erin P. says
    Posted March 8, 2013

Where did you get your boots? They’re great! I’ve been looking for a nice pair of boots forEVER!

47. Posted April 12, 2013

I’m ordering the laptop bag! I also did a post on them. Great minds think alike.

Love your blog! XO

48. Posted May 4, 2013

How do you feel about the size of the bag? I’m deciding between the Molly & the Beverly and I’m just wondering what you think of yours regarding size and what you can fit inside. Any insight you have would be very helpful! Thank you!

– Michelle

49. Posted July 16, 2013

Beautiful bag. Also try samsonite small bags http://store.samsoniteindia.com/small-bags.html

50. health says
    Posted August 28, 2013

TrueGritLeather — Tough hand made household leather briefcases, mobile computer bags, messenger bags, duffle bags and also purses developed to last, Leather laptop bag.

51. Posted January 2, 2014

I loveee the white stripe/blue cover. How much did yours cost? I’m going to hint to my husband that I want this for my birthday LOL. Hopefully it’ll fit my laptop (Toshiba Satellite).

-Davie

52. Posted March 8, 2014

We are a production and sales of integrated companies,Our factory mainly produce ladies’ bag, the recreation bag, the already set bag, the gift wrap and so on, the ladies’ bag and recreation bag is more outstanding.With its fashion style, quality assurance, low price of properties sold all world.Our bags are fashion in hand, attract the attention of modern young people,Fine workmanship.Fashion generous.

We are Bags Outlet Company. If you have the style you like, you provide design, we can make you like bag.But need you to provide additional cost, we need to open mould.About mould opening need 3 days, if you really like it, you need to wait for a few days, we promise you won’t be disappointed.

Shoes Outlet All items sold not refund don’t change!Design,size and other issues, please consider good to buy!

If you have other questions,Please contact us.Enjoy shopping.