sky blue and polka dots

sweater: J.Crew Factory
polka dot top: found at TJ Maxx
bangle: J.Crew (similar)
earrings : Elisabeth Ashlie
turquoise bracelet: Elisabeth Ashlie
ankle boots: Target

I believe it was about 42 degrees and windy when I took these photos.

I was freezing.

anyway. . .

One of the things I love about this outfit is how comfortable it is. The blouse underneath is loose and thin so there aren’t any constraining areas. The sweater is one of my favorites that I’ve had for a long time. It’s cotton, so it’s breathable and flexible.

Enough about the function of this outfit though.

Strategic layering, like I did above, is a great way to change up your wardrobe with what you already have. Think about the items you always own, and pair them with different things. You’d be surprised what you come up with.

1. Posted November 27, 2012

Love this! I have a tie shirt very similar to your polka dot one that is black & white. I will have to try this look!!

2. Posted November 27, 2012

Cute!

3. Rachel says
    Posted November 27, 2012

what a great color on you! I need to practice more layering in my own closet 🙂
    floralandfudge.blogspot.com

4. Alissa says
    Posted November 27, 2012

Those colors look spectacular on you! I have a serious weakness for tops that have bows at the top that I can tie.

5. Posted November 27, 2012

Love the colors! Do you use photoshop to add the text and numbering to your photos?

yep!

6. Posted November 27, 2012

I’ve been doing the same – looking at my existing clothes and seeing how I can pair different things up and layer items I haven’t before! It actually is saving me money!! Love this color – very pretty. x

7. Rebecca says
    Posted November 27, 2012

Love this! I just bought those boots a couple weeks ago 🙂 They’re super comfy!

8. Posted November 27, 2012

This is beautiful! Would you mind noting what color the sweater is on the J Crew Factory website? I can’t seem to match it and I LOVE the color!!

Posted November 27, 2012

I’m not sure this exact color is still available ( I bought it last year) . . .it’s a light minty blue and I can’t find it on the website. Sorry I can’t help more!

9. Posted November 27, 2012

So cute! Love the light blue and gray together 🙂

10. Eva says
    Posted November 27, 2012

Hi Kate! How are you? I wanted to ask you about the clothes you purchase from JCrew. I have never bought anything from JCrew or the factory and I was wondering about size. Are they true to size, run big or small, do you find them to be durable? I am 5’4″ and weigh about 150 more of pear shape- smaller on top and wiiiidddddeeeee on the hips and tighs, wondering if medium might be right or big. I dont have store nearby. Thanks so much for your time and your awesome blog. I am a devout follower 😉

Posted November 27, 2012

I think they are pretty true to size. And yes–if you launder them correctly, they’ll last for years. Check out their return policy too (via mail) to ensure that you aren’t stuck with something that doesn’t fit!

• Eva says
      Posted November 28, 2012

thanks for your reply Kate!

11. Hannah says
    Posted November 27, 2012

Love love love this outfit!

12. Anonymous says
    Posted November 27, 2012

I love, love, love your blog. But can you mention what hair style/tutorial you do in each blog?

Posted November 27, 2012

This was the half French twist!

13. Erin says
    Posted November 27, 2012

I always love your outfit ideas, but by far this is the cutest outfit yet! Love it 🙂

14. Jessica Jo says
    Posted November 27, 2012

Does anybody know if there is an official name for the shirts with the ties? I always call them just that and have a hard time finding any but I love them so much!

Posted November 28, 2012

I would love to know as well!

15. JoAnn says
    Posted November 27, 2012

What is the name of the earrings you are wearing? I can’t find them on your etsy shop!

16. Posted November 27, 2012

LOVE this.
    i actually did the sweater/shirt layering today too, but it was a bit warm in the office.

LOVE the idea of sleeveless underneath!

xo – heather

17. Amanda says
    Posted November 27, 2012

I love when a tie-top blouse sneaks out from underneath a sweater! Been trying to find more of these for purchase lately.

-Amanda (myfulfillinglife.blogspot.com)

18. Posted November 27, 2012

i LOVE this outfit, kate! i have those same wedges from target but in black!

Posted November 28, 2012

thanks!

19. Candin says
    Posted November 28, 2012

Such a sweet outfit! I just love your blog! I recommended it to a friend on facebook today who was in desperate need for more blogs to read.

Posted November 28, 2012

thank you!

20. Posted November 28, 2012

I LOVE this color combination. It’s so soft and feminine!

21. Anonymous says
    Posted November 28, 2012

Love this outfit !! I absolutely love your Blog !!! I always talk about
    your blog to my friends, they always ask me whats new with my friend Kate ! haha

22. Alisha says
    Posted November 28, 2012

I practically have this outfit already. I just need the 6pm blouse! 🙂 You look so comfortable and so calm in the midst of freezing weather.

xo
    Alisha

23. Posted November 28, 2012

Yeah, it looks so flexible and nice on you. I normally love tie-shirts because it will give a decent look.

24. Karen says
    Posted November 29, 2012

This is a super cute outfit! Totally random question — do you have any tips on how to wash and care for your clothes so they stay looking new? You said you have had the sweater for a while but it looks so good/well kept! I usually wash mine on gentle cycle and then hang to dry…it’s such a pain though. Just wondering if there was any other way!

25. Morgan says
    Posted December 6, 2012

Love LOVE love this outfit!

26. Posted December 8, 2012

I LOVE polka dots! Very cute 🙂

27. Posted April 22, 2014

To date, mens glasses make the most of this kind of scantiness and make all of their method to the highest ranking regarding men’s favourite embellishment in one cerebrovascular event.

28. Julia says