High Five for Friday

It’s Friday.

Normally that would just be a statement alluding to the start of the weekend.

In today’s case, it means that tomorrow, just a mere 24 hours from now, I’ll be speaking at the Becoming Conference

I woke up this morning and it felt like Christmas. . . .if Christmas meant you had to stand in front of hundreds of women and talk about hair, makeup, and shopping. So yeah, kind of my ideal Christmas!

In other news, here are my top 5 things of the week!

1. The Bible study I’m involved in at my church started again last tuesday and I didn’t quite realize how much I missed it until it started again. We’re studying 2 Timothy and using a Cas Monaco study guide as well. OH and did I mention Cas Monaco is leading it? How often do you get to be lead by the author of the study?  It’s been great. I enjoy the community and being surrounded with such wonderful women.

2. Got a last minute gel mani with my sister on wednesday! Hello Jacques! Actually, the color is “you don’t know jacques” but I feel like I do since it’s always on my nails. She got “Honk if you love OPI” and it’s lovely.

3. I tried on these beautiful boots at The Loft on Monday. Fell hard for them. Nearly fell over when I looked at the price. What?! $178.00! WHAT? Loft? Loft. You are not Macy’s. What is happening. <—-my internal dialogue. Also my dialogue with my sister about these crazy boots. #waitingformajorsaleorcoupon

4. I’m anxiously anxiously awaiting my Simplified Planner by Emily Ley. Tell me you have been to her shop. If you haven’t, go. Please. I want 1 of everything.

5. It’s brisk (in the morning and late at night) here now. I love it. It’s such a sweet relief from the blazing hot summer.

How was your week? Top 5 things? Link up with the cutie Lauren From My Grey Desk! I can call her a cutie because she’s my sister. And she’s kinda cute.

Comments

My high for the week was receiving the “katest” shoes in the mail. So fun to wear! Thanks for sharing the link when they were on sale! Also got two pairs of pretty earrings from Urban Outfitters at the same time.

Jacques is my all time favorite polish EVER! Every season, no matter, Jacques is there. My 2nd is All the Berries in Canaries, and I just found it at Ulta last night and was so excited!!!

3. Sarah says

DSW in Cary has a ton of cute boots and I was able to use 2 coupons at the same time there. I am going to look up those polish colors

4. Anonymous says

Those boots are ridiculous! I’d pay whatever they are asking! So gorg. Good luck speaking tomorrow! You will be amazing I’m sure!

5. Jessica D. says

LOVING the stuff at Emily Ley! Bookmarked that site for sure, I love it all! About those boots they are really cute! But wait a month or two and they will be on sale or even on clearance. They tend to rotate things fairly quickly at the loft. That is my favorite store; about 90% of my clothing is from the loft :)

Oooh love those boots. Just wait until Loft has their next 40% off deal… those sales seem to pop up quite a bit. Last year I got a great pair of riding boots from them during a 40% off weekend, which made them cheaper than Macy’s prices! Love.

Oh, man. Those boots are exactly what I’ve been looking for, but geez!!! Too expensive. I think might settle on a $99 pair from Chinese Laundry through Piperlime. I’m so excited to get my boots out for fall!

Oh. No. You. Didn’t. I love planners and I’ve been shopping for my next one. I might have to order one from her shop. Will you do a review on it when you get yours?

I haven’t heard the name Cas Monaco in YEARS! When I was a student at the University of Texas, she led several small group Bible studies and a Campus Crusade for Christ group. She was definitely a huge influence during those tumultuous years. What a privilege to be in a study group with her.
    And best of luck with the conference tomorrow. So exciting!

9. Jennifer says

Would it wrong of me to tell you I work at LOFT. I have the riding boots and love them… We definitly stepped up our game this season In the shoe dept. those boots are worth it:)

COMPLETELY agree with you with LOFT, what the heck? Jacking up prices like yours Nordstrom, please! But I do love their stuff, so I will continue to pay. Way a few weeks, those boots WILL go on sale.

I’ve followed your blog for a while but just got back into the blog world. My husband and I recently moved from Mississippi to upstate South Carolina and saw that ya’ll are relatively close! We looked into Raleigh too. Hear it is wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your About Me section. Look forward to more posts!

12. Anonymous says

Perhaps you have already discovered this, but it looks like LOFT has a coupon code out right now for 40% off! (Code: SHOPNOW) Get the boots. :)