The Office!

Here’s a little peek into my office! I took these photos weeks ago, and now it’s a total disaster area again, but today I can live vicariously through what it should look like!

I love it. It’s so much different than my original office in our other house. And I’m very grateful that I have an entire room to work in!

I love having a separate desk for jewelry making and other crafts. And having a BIG table means I can have a lot going on at once, which is how I like it!
I found this table on Craigslist, and it was painted white. My mom and I roughed up the surface a bit with some sandpaper, painted it grey, and it was perfect!
The rug is from Ikea, and I love it, but it has taken forever to “lay flat”. I’ve since moved it from how it looks in this photo to help it along, but it may just be a little wrinkled forever. After all, it was a whopping $19.99. What can I expect!

The white table used to be my sister’s dining room table, however it was originally owned by my parents. We do a lot of furniture sharing in this family!

Interested in anything specific? I’ve labeled as much as I can in the photos below:

Hope you enjoyed a little peek into my office!

Comments

I love how clean and fresh your color palet and line are!
    I am moving and FOR SURE using both you and lauren’s places for a little inspiration!

xo

Oh! This makes me so jealous! I’m in the process of creating a little area for my writing but I’m have the worst time finding a desk. Love your’s though!

I love the colors you have picked out. I’m currently designing my entire house (in my head lol) and love how you put everything together, it looks like everything has it’s own spot.

Kate, put some heavy books or boxes on your rug for several days and see if that helps “iron” it flat. Hate it when rugs do that…love it when you can get a rug that cheap! :)

It looks awesome! I’m trying to convert an odd little room in our basement to an office. It’s slow-going, but now I feel a little more inspired after seeing how awesome yours is :)

6. Renee says

Ditto Emily – do you remember what color you used on your walls? Been looking for a shade similar to that.

Also, the linen boxes where you labeling those IKEA, or the bookshelf they are sitting on? I’d love to find boxes like that. Did you put the label things on the front of them yourself? I love how some are centered and some are offset.

• says

The boxes and the shelf is from Ikea. And yep, the labels came with the boxes!

It was painted that color when we moved in, so I’m not sure! Sorry!

Love all of this. I can’t wait to have an office in our new apartment! You don’t realize how nice the space/quiet is until you don’t have it!

You have such a gorgeous office. It’s calming and inspiring all at the same time! As for the rug, have you tried ironing it? Maybe turn it upside down, iron it to “loosen” the material and then lay heavy books or an upside down table on it for a while? Also, try rolling it up the opposite way and leaving it for a few days.

Meg
    @missmegasaurus

Fabulous space! My kids take up all our spare rooms now ! Try laying the rug upside down for a few days to settle it..sounds crazy,looks a bit odd, but works! X

Hi there,

I just came across your blog and have to tell you your hair styles and tips are amazing!! I’m going to try to have one done for our engagement photo’s. Fingers crossed it will look half as good.

Beautiful office!

I have the exact same rug in my entry way. For $20 I am so in love….I rolled it up the opposite direction of how it was when I bought it, just for a day, and it has been flat since. The first day the corners did start to come up and I put some of the hubby’s heavy shoes on them for a day or two.

12. Jess says

Your office looks great! I love your organization (I’m a big labeler too) and the gray color scheme is so pretty! You have inspired me to re-do my bedroom and bathroom using gray – it’s so versitile! Great work

13. Anonymous says

Hi Kate! So cute! Can you share how you made the DIY art with the different shades of grey circles? I have a general idea, but would love to know all of the steps. Love your blog!

Thanks for sharing!

Missy

WOWOWOWO! This looks amazing! I have ZERO grey in my house, but seeing it in this office is so light and fresh! It looks great! I may be inspired to try some grey in our new home! You did a great job!

This is such a fantastic office space! It gives me lots of inspiration to set up my new space – it’s a lot smaller but I like what you have done with the book shelves and the storage bins. Very pretty and usable! Thanks for sharing these!!

OBSESSED! how long did it take you to complete this? Because it’s basically fantastic

My mom just painted a room in our house gray, and I keep telling her how much I love it because I’m afraid she doesn’t : (

CarissaExplainsItAll

Kate, you did a great job on your office. Wouldn´t every girl want to have one like this?
    I´m, actually in love with your Mac. Just looks so great even if it isn´t an acessoir. One day I will get one myself. The hubs is always trying to convince me to get one anyways…first saving then buying ;o)

Ahh love it! You worked so many personal touches into it… it’s fun, but still feels clean and organized :) Especially love the Target vases (of course, haha!) and the Anthro knob on the desk!

Gosh, I just love your style!! I recently repainted my computer room and have no inspiration on where to go from there. I love the simplicity and function your room has! THANKS! :)

…I’m kind of in office / home decor jealousy. It doesn’t help that we don’t have enough space for me to have my own per say but really. I don’t get the decorating skills as I have none of my own but I do adore what what you’ve done with them!

21. emmaliz15 says

Thank you for posting this! I’m in the middle of trying to spiff up our office and this is great inspiration!

Kate, can you PLEASE tell me how you got that clock/time format on your Mac? I have been trying forever to find it (I’m assuming it’s an app), and I can’t figure it out! Thanks so much!

24. Anonymous says

How do you like your Mac computer? I’m looking to upgrade to a Mac, a laptop for sure, but no idea which one to go with!!! Thanks Kate! Office looks awesome!-Erin

25. Anonymous says

I think your office is absolutely beautiful, but does your husband have a seperate office? It’s just so pretty and feminine that I can’t imagine a man “going to work” in there! I’m interested in what is reserved for his work/play space!

Melanie

Kate, if that Ikea rug has a rubber backing try taking it outside for a bit of warm sunshine. It might help with the wrinkles:)

Love it! I have been following your for a while and love your style (personally and professionally!)

Tell me where did you get the starburst rub on that is hung above your bookshelf? i would love to put that over my daughter’s bed in her room.

Thanks

28. Erin Lynn says

Hi Kate!

Beautiful office – my boyfriend and & I just moved in together, and I finally get my own office space as well :)

Could you tell me where you got the little “stamps” & “odds&ends” holders? Also, the containers with the chalkboard labels on them (like the one labeled flowers)? And that tiny little chalkboard on the desk, as well.

Thanks so much for your help!

29. Anonymous says

Yes, love this. Would love to know the paint color you used on your desk and if it is spray paint or regular paint.

Love the wall color. Wish that people you buy a house from would be sure to leave behind the leftover paint in the garage and that it would be labeled with the brand and color. There is always a need for touch up paint!!

I absolutely love this! And, I just bought that rug a few weeks ago. It does tend to curl, but I promise it’ll lay flat very soon. Congrats on the gorgeous office…hope you don’t mind me tweeting about it.

lawmoda.blogspot.com

I have that same rug and have the same problem! I thought it was just me but now I know it’s the rug. Oh well, even if it never seems as completely flat, I still love it!

32. Christina Brunk says

I love your office, esepcially the hanging over your desk. It says Pier 1 – how long ago did you purchase it?

Looks like the ideal space to be creative. Thinking I need a space like that. Not thinking it’ll happen anytime soon. Oh well, enjoy your space for me!
    Jenny Leigh

jennyleighsblog.blogspot.com
    Hair*Beauty*Inspiration

34. Anonymous says

I would love to know where the white chairs are from! The one at the gray desk and in the corner. We’ve been looking for chairs like that for our kitchen table. Thanks!

In relation to your rug grab a damp cloth like a face cloth and the iron – flip over your rug and get ironing (this will hopefully fix the problem). Your office looks great…..B:)

36. Anonymous says

Hi Kate! I was just wondering what color the walls are? I’m looking for the perfect color for our living room… and that sorta looks like what I’m looking for! I think ;)
    I know you said you rent and the rooms were already painted, but just wondering if you knew what it was called!

Thanks! xo

37. Anonymous says

Great job!! I can’t get over how everything looks so well put together! And I thing I just found me some diy project for the weekend :) Love it all!

We too have the same rug from Ikea. We just laid the rug upside down for a couple of weeks and just walked on it like normal. Since we flipped it back over, the entire thing, corners included, have laid completely flat.
    Love, love your office decor!

39. Cindy says

I was going to ask you what the wall color you used is, but having read previous comments, I see that it was that color when you moved in!!! What a great color grey!!! I am planning on doing a girls nursery in the same color scheme as your office – grey and coral – so pretty :) P.S. your office looks amazing!!

40. Jill says

I DO adore your office (and your blog)…but I have a completely un-office related question! What computer program do you use to do the text/arrows on your pictures? I love it and can’t find anything similar.

Your office is so nice. Specially the furniture is handsome, You chose very decent things for your office and half credit goes to your mom too he gave you that grey stuffed animal lol