The Dutch Braid

The dutch braid. The “under” braid. The reverse french braid. There are a bunch of names for this braiding technique.
Basically, it’s a french braid created on top of the hair, instead of underneath. And it’s not much more complicated than a french braid.
When I was learning to braid, I taught myself this way first, and then had to take more time to learn the classic french braid.

Here is the tutorial for you!

(don’t count the ## of times I say the word “under”. It’s just too many.)

The Double Bun tutorial I mention in the video can be found here

Shirt: Target, Mossimo

Comments

Beautiful! Do you have any tips on side-braids + ponytails? Sometimes I think they look too sporty and I would love to create a more elegant look.

2. Anonymous says

I love the earrings. I would like to order these earrings but I am only able to wear super light earrings. Would you say these are light? Or more on the heavy side?

I just love you, I am pretty good at doing my hair, but your tips and tricks ensure my hair comes out perfect every time instead of every other time.

4. Michelle says

This was how I learned to braid too! Except I’ve never been able to “reverse” braid on myself…Just others. This video makes sense though!

5. Anonymous says

Hi Kate, this is a cute style, going to give it a try, with the hot weather, great way to wear your hair down and keep bangs at bay. I would like to know how you get that “piecey” look at your crown area? Mine has a tendancy to to look too smooth. I use the Aquage Uplifting Foam, but wondering if I’m not using enough in my crown area?
    Shelley

6. Anonymous says

I braid this way on others and can’t figure out how to reverse it!! But on myself, I do a traditional french braid! Hopefully with this tutorial, I will be able to switch!

7. Anonymous says

I love your tutorials, you ROCK! Can I put a request in for more hair styles done on straight hair? Some times I’m just too lazy to curl first.

The online range of all converse shoes is very wide. They are available in different bright colors, printed patterns and a wide selection of design. Owing to their repute and constantly high demand, these shoes are available in various online stores. Also, you can get good discounts when you buy converse online shop.

9. Missy says

Love your tutorials Kate! Can you do a video on how to use/insert bobby pins? Sounds silly but my hair is thick and I have a hard time getting them to stay & hiding them. Thanks!!! Missy

10. Anonymous says

Whenever I braid my hair, for some reason you can’t really see the braid happen until after maybe an inch and 1/2 down…. I always thought it was because my hair is fine, but is there something I’m doing wrong?

11. Stacey says

I did this to my bangs today and i LOVED it! Thank you so much for posting all these helpful hair tutorials. I am so glad I found your blog… you have helped me faster many hair styles in a short period of time. Again, thank you!

Jewelry for tibetan silver plays an important role in their lives as it doesn’t only makes the individual more attractive, but also reflects his or her religious beliefs. Consequently, Tibetan jewelry mainly represents different deities and ritual items, including mantras.

Jewelry is timeless, and always will be. With diamonds and pearls, it is simple to looking ageless and elegant no matter what era cheap fashion earrings falls into. Jewelry is symbolic to the woman. Whether it may be wedding jewelry or accessory jewelry, women are always making a statement.

Make sure you keep this in mind when shopping for shoes. This means that you should never buy shoes without fitting them. Try on different pairs and try walking while wearing each pair. If you feel a pair is making it hard for you to walk in a gracious manner, skip this, and go on to the next one. Never buy silver wedding sandals without fitting them even though the shoes are the same size as your feet.

Wedding tiaras are made from different materials. They are generally embellished using Swarovski crystals, pearls and also rhinestones nevertheless it must match with the other pieces of wedding tiaras the bride wears. Additionally, the colour of the metal of the actual wedding tiara is also a key factor to take into account.

For instance, this years fashion tote bags collection offer a wide range of looks, whether you are out on a casual tour of the city, or want to don something classic and elegant. From the shapes, colors, and sizes – you can take your own pick to suit your mood or showcase your fashionable side. Women-it is the best time to become focus in the street.

Tibetan Bracelet has commonly been an important allotment of Tibetan circadian dress. It is believed, jewels put humans in blow with deities, and assure them from the abounding hazards of activity in their barren and betraying land. Himalayan is generally colossal and heavy, with busy apparent architecture and an abandon of color. The amount of Tibetan adornment was historically bent by the acuteness of blush and of the components, rather than the amount in gems or adored metals. Argent accumulating offers an assorted accumulation of Tibetan jewelry, alignment from necklaces, bracelets and rings to earrings, there are assorted admirable pieces of adornment that’s absolute for everyone.

Tibetan style pendants are modern interpretations of the antique jewels created long ago by the Tibetans. They are luscious and intricate sometimes, being made out of a number of smaller, sometimes woven pieces of metal. The metal of choice most of the times is bronze, keeping in with the original builds of jewels made by the Tibetans of old.

You may think of a bag as being primarily a woman’s accessory. But today, there are many types of bags that are very cool and masculine. Plus, with all the best tote bags gadgets that we carry today, from digital cameras to iPads to laptops, a bag is just downright practical. Here are some bag styles that work well for men.

Tiffany rings are without doubt incredibly beautiful. Their design can also be stunning. But, it may well still be expected whether a Tiffany ring is valued at the price purchased them, except for maybe providing a good to brag towards friends and relative who may just be rather envious.

Choose Tiffany as your girlfriend’s gift ,do you think it is the best ? Just as Christmas is coming , have you bought your lover a tiffany ring
    to show your love ? If your answer is not ,you should be faster ,because there is just 6days before christmas .
    HURRY UP!

As one kind of ancient jewels, crystal is known and reputed as “water spirit”, “water jade” and “Buddha stone”. No woman will deny the beauty of crystal, whose visible transparent texture and engaging mysterious character, all attract each soul of beauty lover. At the turn period of winter to spring, Crystal Rings thus become women’s favorite jewelry, whether you are a elegant and intellectual lady.

Ash shoes have global appeal and are acknowledged by various well-known fashion industry publications. The brand, however, continues to create ash boots excellent designs that impress a large number of fashion conscious people
    of fashion conscious people.

The action figure toys are objects or toys that resemble the physical traits of a popular or controversial person. It is amazing how people adore their popular idols or respected hero. There are individuals who will travel for a thousand distances just to get the picture or the autograph of their favorite icon.

Men’s shoes are highly important for any man in his daily life. Footwear is important for various purposes. Apart from their functionality and the protection factor, cloth shoes for men are now the most important fashion accessory for men. Shoes make the whole attire of any person complete.

Wedding is mostly an one-time and holiday in any womens life and with that said, it’s critical for things be perfect. Brides search for lot of things regarding wedding and the biggest purchase is wedding outfit with matching bride shoes.

Some of the prominent trolley bags manufacturer are designed to look much less formal, more like duffel bags or sports bags on wheels. These bags price a lot fewer than the higher-quality bags, and apart from it, the product have additional advantages as well.

Ash shoes have become a must-have for any style-conscious person. Their smart, up market designs are simply to die for. Whether the style is that of wedges, flats, sneakers or boots, the shoes are meant for all seasons. To wear ash vincent is to appreciate style. Women have a wide range to choose from.

Buddhist jewelry are also represented with rings. For instance, wedding rings remind the married couples of their vows of love to each other. Generally, buddhist jewelry rings remind wearers of loyalty to the laws of Buddhism. Thus, the Happiness Ring hass the words “This will also change” in Hebrew meaning the fleetingness of human life and that permanent things of the world change.

Many of the shoes in their collection are both practical and stylish, making them an excellent choice for day to day use.You will get ash shoes sale that is ideal for both formal and casual occasions. Innovative collections are introduced each season to satisfy the consumers.

As we grow old, our preferred toys or those that were given to us changes, sometimes they don’t. It may vary depending on our age, gender, or our preference. Our parents provide us initially with best kids toys to capture our attention and obedience. As we progress, they offer us important things such as love, care, and trust.

The care of man-made fiber woven Supra Shoes is different from the cortical shoes. Because of the particularity of man-made fibre materials, generally wet cloth can not clean the dust cover on this kind of Supra footwear . Normally, the ash or dust will gather in compiling the gap between fibers. Do not worry about it if you have a cleaner with you. The strong suction will clean up the dust of between fibers quickly!

The wedding day is one of the most memorable days of life. For women, it’s a day where everything just has to be perfect. From the hair to the make up and the dress to the special blue wedding flats putting in the final touch everything has to be just right.

A toy is not just a gift for your child rather it becomes a part of the life that aids in child’s growth and development. As a child grows older, his choices related to toys shift and we can see a completely new range of toys. More details