Bright Orange

Jeans: Banana Republic Outlet
Purse: Kate Spade
Watch: Target
Bangle: J.Crew
Neckace: Francesca’s
Shoes: Franco Sarto via TJ Maxx

I judge a t-shirt based on how it holds up in the washer + dryer.
This orange t-shirt from Target? A win.
I picked up a few of these, in various colors, the other day for a whopping $5.00. They were on sale. Marked down from $8.00. Seriously.
They fit well, the length is right, and they make getting dressed easier. There are many times that I want to wear a t-shirt instead of a blouse, and having some simple colored ones to choose from makes it easy.

Comments

I got some $5 Target shirts as well!! Love their ruffle tanks for layering! :) But I SOOO need that necklace to go with mine…I love how it dresses it up – totally changes the outfit. :)

This look is just so effortless and chic. You accessorized so well! I don’t know many people who can really rock a chunky necklace, but you are for sure one of them. You look great.

Just recently found your blog – I love it! I’m trying a lot of your hairstyles because I have had no skills but I seem to be able to pull it off with your instructions. You really make beauty feel very accessible. Thanks!

Jess

4. Valeri says

Kate, you look amazing! I am debating on buying the same Kate Spade purse… what are your thoughts? The whole “can’t return” things makes me anxious because I am super picky when it comes to purses.

5. Anonymous says

too funny was at target yesterday got some great tees as 70% off including one in orange luv the look

6. Michelle says

Totally off topic, BUUUUT!! I did my version of a double bun today and I totally loved it. It looked so soft! But here’s the part that totally rocked: I am a teacher and one of my male (!) students was like: “Whoa, you are wearing your hair in a different way!” I’ve been putting them up a lot lately, but the double seemed to look remarkably! THX!
    (Please excuse any mistakes – foreign language!)

7. Kellie says

You are so dang cute! I was thinking of you as I was watching all my DVR’d episodes of Mad Men. I was wondering if you’d be willing to do a tutorial of Joan’s updo? That would be so fun to try! Thanks!

Target needs to start paying you… I’ve now bought the Sonia Kashuk lipstick after seeing your post, and today I went and got 4 of these t-shirts after reading this! Great spokesperson. :)

9. Kelly says

I swear you are such a bad influence on my bank account. Every time you post something I go out and buy it. I am now a sucker for aquage uplifting foam, bought your nail polish- KATE color is on my toes as I type this. I bought WINKS last week and LOVE them! Totally wore them to a wedding. Now I want that Orange t-shirt! Bad Kate Bad Kate! hehehe

Cute! I absolutely love Target, and if it was closer, it would definitely be more of a temptation! Thankfully it is just far enough that I have to think a lot before I go to buy :P

On a side note, I saw your post awhile back about the rose gold watch from target and noticed you wearing it in this post. You seem to have a small wrist size and I was wondering if you had some links taken out? I think I need two taken out and I am wondering if I can do it on my own or if I should take it to a jewelers (the Target jewelry counter here couldn’t adjust it for the me)

So cute! Wish I could do the orange like you, but it’s not a flattering color for me. Too funny, pretty much my daily uniform…cute jeans, nice tee and a statement necklace. Funny that it is for so many of your other readers, too! Although, I ALWAYS get itty bitty holes in my tees right where the zipper of my jeans is. I think it’s maybe from leaning up against the counter in the kitchen when I’m working in there, but I’m not sure. Anyway, I need some new tees, so I guess I’ll be hitting up Target (again!) to stock up!

Orange is one of my favorite colors! And out here on the west coast, your outfit would pass as ‘dressy’ :) especially since you aren’t wearing flip-flops with it!

13. Anonymous says

You would fit right in at Clemson! We LOVE to wear our orange all the time and this is a cute, simple look that can be worn to school or to a football game. :)
    -Morgan

Love a sister who rocks a t-shirt and jeans. I’m a hairdressers too and some days it’s just good to go comfy but still look professional.

jennyleighsblog.blogsot.com
    Hair*Beauty*Inspiration

15. Chloe says

I’m lovin’ your outfit Kate ! One of the best to date IMO.

Franco Sarto shoes are the best. They hold up incredibly well. I own 2 pair of Franco Sarto thong strappy/dressy sandals ( w/kitten heels ). Not once has the piece of leather that goes between my toes bugged me.

Thanks for the 4-1-1 on the T-shirt from Target.

16. Cassandra says

i just watched your 30×30 video and then came to your blog..love the idea! you always look pulled together and polished.

Also, you can get that $5 Merona shirt from Target (and more) for even less! Target has a 20% off ALL Merona apparel coupon! Found it on their site: coupons.target.com
    I am a Target addict too, so I got to find ways to make my wallet happy ;)

18. Karla says

Hello from Perth Western Australia, I love your blog and have got some great ideas from you especially accessorizing. Thanks !

A few months ago, Target had some very, very similar tees on sale for $6, and I bought a couple to throw on when I’m running errands or hanging out on the weekends and want to look put together + polished without being overly done up. & while I LOVE the style (hip length v-neck with teeny tiny pocket) and the feel of them (thin, vintage-y wash, but not see through; sturdy), I’m disappointed in how quickly they wear due to washing; the amount of pilling these tees accumulate in a VERY limited amount of time is RIDICULOUS. And I know, I know — what do I expect of a $6 t-shirt from Target??? I guess MY answer is: more than a month or two of pill-free wear! I still wear mine, and truth be told, it’s STILL absolutely my very most favorite shirt to throw on, pills or not, but it’s definitely lost its polish and style and looks very faded and worn — and that’s just the gray shade! I’d hate to see what the black fades to!

Target does have some fantastic tshirts! I have a quite a few from there that I have had for years and they still look great and fit so well. I usually find them on clearance and buy a few at a time just tin case.

I saw this and went right out and got it, How simple to turn a plain old T into a cute outfit with a fun necklace! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
    I am addicted to you blog!
    thanks!!