30with30, Week One

And so it begins.

Here are the first 3 outfits from the 30×30 challenge. My sister Lauren & I are embarking on this challenge to switch up our wardrobe a bit. We got the idea from Kendi, Kendi Everyday, and hope that you’ll join us too!
Outfit # 1

*watch: Target; earrings: Francesca’s

Outfit #2

*necklace: Ebay, earrings: The Limited
Outfit #3

The challenge has started off easy! I think I’m going to have more trouble when it comes to the more casual outfit ideas because I tend to dress up more than dress down. But, we’ll see if I can do it.
And even if the challenge was over now, it was worth it–because my sister and I spent about an hour going through my closet pairing items together. And there was plenty of laughter involved too.

Are you joining us? If so, be sure to link up over at From My Grey Desk! We’ll choose our favorite outfit the monday after the link up, and feature it during the next link up!

Comments

1. Anonymous says

You are fabulous! :) My sister and I are close too. I think if all four of us ever met we would have a lot of fun! Keep up the great work.

Jennifer :)

2. Anonymous says

I noticed the necklace in outfit #2 is from ebay. I found it there a while ago and was nervous to order knowing that it was coming from China!?! Do you know what seller you ordered from or do you have any tips for getting a good product?

• says

I’ve actually heard some back things about the seller I bought from so unfortunately I don’t have a recommendation! Sorry!

• says

I just ordered one on EBay from loveshop80. I paid through PayPal, and they sent me a tracking number just a couple of days later. I can’t wait!! I’ll let you know if I have any problems.

• says

I have ordered from loveshop80 twice now. I purchased the turquoise necklace and when I received it, the chain was broken. I emailed her and she sent me another, no questions asked. I was so pleased with it, that I ordered the yellow one from her as well. I recommend loveshop80.

I just wanted to tell you that you have really inspired me!!!..I have already made 2 new outfits from digging through my closet!!!…can’t wait to see all your outfits!!!

Love your first 3 outfits! I can’t wait to see what you and & sister put together. I think I’m going to jump in on the fun next week :)

Lindsay @
    LiindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

5. Anonymous says

Kate:

All you would need to do to “dress” down is untuck your t-shirts…that would instantly give your look a little more casual look I think…just a suggestion!

Kate- I love all of these looks! I almost bought that JCrew skirt, and whenever I went back to get one, they were all gone! I could kick myself! Lol

Have a great day!

Very cute outfits! I like your skirts. To dress them down, I think you’d just have to switch out the skirts and heels for jeans and flats. I really like your accessories!

• Anna says

Exactly! Switch out skirts for jeans or cute capris- lost the wedges to flats or cute sandals – untuck and be free ~ lol ~

8. Anonymous says

I just bought a skirt today that resembles the coral one!!! It was inspired by you! ;) Is there anyway I could possibly send you a picture of my outfit creation??
    -Elisabeth

9. Anonymous says

You are full of such great ideas!! I’m so glad to have found your site!! Keep up the good work!
    (Is it bad that I don’t want to share you with my friends? Then they’ll have all the good tips too!)